Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad passed yesterday evening, 4 months shy of his 102nd birthday. I was with him most of the day because he seemed weaker than usual when I checked on him in the morning. After his nap he was sipping a cup o' tea and eating a cookie in his recliner. He just stopped breathing. The firemen brought oxygen, but by that time he had no pulse. He had a DNR order taped to the fridge, so they said "sorry for your loss" and left. My sisters showed up after he was gone. We finished off the cookies while waiting for the coroner and the folks from the funeral home. Feeling my own mortality today.
:bighug::bighug::bighug: Very sorry to hear that my friend..

Dad passed yesterday evening, 4 months shy of his 102nd birthday. I was with him most of the day because he seemed weaker than usual when I checked on him in the morning. After his nap he was sipping a cup o' tea and eating a cookie in his recliner. He just stopped breathing. The firemen brought oxygen, but by that time he had no pulse. He had a DNR order taped to the fridge, so they said "sorry for your loss" and left. My sisters showed up after he was gone. We finished off the cookies while waiting for the coroner and the folks from the funeral home. Feeling my own mortality today.

candle.gif
RIP :bow: ppp

Sorry to hear. Hoping its not too rough on you bud:bighug:

101 and 2/3rds is a hell of a run, man. Glad he went fast and easy and without pain.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad about 9 months ago now and its not easy.

Don't get ripped off by the funeral home! You know you can go to Costco or Sams club and buy a coffin?

There are also funeral homes out there that specialize in being cheap - eg I paid $960 for my dad's cremation and that covered picking the body up from hospice, and getting the cremains back after a few weeks. My family has never been big in funerals, usually we just cremate and have a celebration of life thing somewhere, we did my grandma's at her apartment complex's pool house. No sense in paying a funeral home to eulogize about someone they've never met.

Aw Bless him @Mara Cachafa :karmacloud:... Love and hugs sent for you and the family...:bighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back