Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounded a lot like bruh science to me, my friend :pass::haha:
I can kind of see where someone would draw that conclusion. Scotty has been on this damn CO2 kick and it gets some of his figures kinda screwed up.

I do think the video brought up an interesting point about how their one viewer transitions into flower.
That was the point of this post.

Just think about the transition From veg to flower the way most of us do it.
cannabis-dli-cycle-5.png

We're cruising along with a nice conservative 40 DLI at the time of flipping to flower.
We flip the light schedule to 1212 and we lose 6 hours of light and our DLI plummets.
You have to bring the intensity up gradually not to burn your girls to get the proper DLI.

What the user was saying that why not keep increasing the intensity, ppfd, while in Veg, while at the same time reducing the hours used and the end result is the same DLI.
So by the time the plant begins to flower, It is still at that higher DLI and higher intensity to make some beautiful buds. Then all you have to do is back off the lights slightly the last two weeks or so of flower.

If you think about it, using this method you're exposing your girls to more photons over the same time frame of the entire grow. There is no loss when cutting the hours to gradually to get to flower while turning up the intensity and maintaining the same DLI .
You are already there with the appropriate DLI when flowering begins.

Plain and simple, more photons more bud!

I can kind of see where someone would draw that conclusion. Scotty has been on this damn CO2 kick and it gets some of his figures kinda screwed up.

I do think the video brought up an interesting point about how their one viewer transitions into flower.

cannabis-dli-cycle-5.png

We're cruising along with a nice conservative 40 DLI at the time of flipping to flower.
We flip the light schedule to 1212 and we lose 6 hours of light and our DLI plummets.
You have to bring the intensity up gradually not to burn your girls to get the proper DLI.

What the user was saying that why not keep increasing the intensity, ppfd, while in Veg, while at the same time reducing the hours used and the end result is the same DLI.
So by the time the plant begins to flower, It is still at that higher DLI and higher intensity to make some beautiful buds. Then all you have to do is back off the lights slightly the last two weeks or so of flower.

If you think about it, using this method you're exposing your girls to more photons over the same time frame of the entire grow. There is no loss when cutting the hours to gradually to get to flower while turning up the intensity and maintaining the same DLI .

Ok, but the loss of intensity with the flip comes in handy with the stretch. You want that stretch in the beginning of flower in order to build those long beautiful colas….

More photons *at the right time*, more bud….

cannabis-dli-cycle-5.png

In the long ago, long before there were studies on cannabis (besides Berkeley) us growers in the northern NY region we’re applying that kinda “science” to grows. HPS units were too expensive but flouresent shop lights could be gotten cheap and with a timer we were mimicking natural light cycles indoors. Don’t know nothing about adding CO2 (I do, but don’t apply it) so, with photos cuz that was all we had we would mimic full season light cycles indoors with like 600w of long tube fluorescent lights in various spectrum colors. There were no charts for DLI, VDP, all we learned was from Ed rosenthal and Mel blanc’s MJ growers guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back