Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most of my cooking....it is hubby Driven @WildBill ...and he would have equal amounts of red beans to meat....no my taste...

so I pull some off before I add them and throw sweet corn in for me......... :crying: ......guess that is a sin too huh...?
I will confess that one time I did put some leftover whole kernel corn into my bowl of Texas Red Chili. It was kind of a interesting taste combination.
I can't make that bowl of chili today! Almost everything in my Texas Red Chili Was either grown or raised by me. And naturally it was organic! Duh! Only salt, black pepper, cornstarch and cumin were my non farm ingredients.
That's a true chili nuts ideal!
Your poor European tongue probably couldn't take it, though! :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My chili is spicy............................... And by spicy, I mean it's flaming hot! But it is hot with flavor!
Heat just for the heat is not in my book! There has to be depth to the flavor of the heat!
Now I have made the chili with the fire that you will get an endorphin rush from eating a full bowl. That's the stuff that makes you sweat! Profusely! But that was rare occasion. No one else would eat it with me!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
My Pop really loved a good chili! I wish he could've had some of my farm raised chili! I know he would have just went nuts for it! Over all the years since his passing, one of the ways I've kept him with me is by imagining his reactions two different things. When I bought my first little compact tractor, I always thought that I'd probably be fighting for seat time in it with him. My pop worked a team of horses and a plow when he was a very young kid. I could always hear him saying how quickly this little tractor could do the work that it took a whole day with a team of horses!

Alright! That's enough rambling! There will be no Monday story time!:biggrin::rofl::rofl:

UGH! I got physical therapy today this afternoon!:face:
Gotta get mainly prepared for that BS!

@Mossy And everyone else, Y'all have a great Monday!:headbang::headbang::headbang::smokeout::cheers::pass:

I will confess that one time I did put some leftover whole kernel corn into my bowl of Texas Red Chili. It was kind of a interesting taste combination.
I can't make that bowl of chili today! Almost everything in my Texas Red Chili Was either grown or raised by me. And naturally it was organic! Duh! Only salt, black pepper, cornstarch and cumin were my non farm ingredients.
That's a true chili nuts ideal!
Your poor European tongue probably couldn't take it, though! :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My chili is spicy............................... And by spicy, I mean it's flaming hot! But it is hot with flavor!
Heat just for the heat is not in my book! There has to be depth to the flavor of the heat!
Now I have made the chili with the fire that you will get an endorphin rush from eating a full bowl. That's the stuff that makes you sweat! Profusely! But that was rare occasion. No one else would eat it with me!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
My Pop really loved a good chili! I wish he could've had some of my farm raised chili! I know he would have just went nuts for it! Over all the years since his passing, one of the ways I've kept him with me is by imagining his reactions two different things. When I bought my first little compact tractor, I always thought that I'd probably be fighting for seat time in it with him. My pop worked a team of horses and a plow when he was a very young kid. I could always hear him saying how quickly this little tractor could do the work that it took a whole day with a team of horses!

Alright! That's enough rambling! There will be no Monday story time!:biggrin::rofl::rofl:

UGH! I got physical therapy today this afternoon!:face:
Gotta get mainly prepared for that BS!

@Mossy And everyone else, Y'all have a great Monday!:headbang::headbang::headbang::smokeout::cheers::pass:
My Okie-Choctaw grandpa (b.1897, Smithfield TX) dropped out of school at 11 to support the family when his dad died. He got a job plowing fields with a mule. He wasn't really strong enough yet, and he told us, "Those first furrows were so crooked it would kill a snake to crawl down them." He learned enough math along the way to open a general store during the Great Depression, and later to be bookkeeper for Diamond-T trucks in Dallas.

My Okie-Choctaw grandpa (b.1897, Smithfield TX) dropped out of school at 11 to support the family when his dad died. He got a job plowing fields with a mule. He wasn't really strong enough yet, and he told us, "Those first furrows were so crooked it would kill a snake to crawl down them." He learned enough math along the way to open a general store during the Great Depression, and later to be bookkeeper for Diamond-T trucks in Dallas.
Extremely cool story! Thanks for sharing! Diamond T trucks! Ohh my God!
Yeah, my dad had to drop out of school at the 6th grade to do exactly the same thing. He left home at the age of 16. He mainly left home because his two older brothers were lazy fuckers!
He found something in Dallas to earn money for a period of time. He actually saw my mom, who was I think 9 or 10 years old, give a young man, that crashed on a motorcycle, her handkerchief for his bloody nose. Pop never knew that was Mom. That was until one day, early in their relationship, she told of her first trip to Dallas and handing a handkerchief to that young man on a motorcycle. Pretty crazy huh?
He was still sixteen when he went to the Merchant Marines. I don't think his mom liked that very much and she pretty much made him come back. He did get to see what Hawaii looked like back in 36.
My Dad loved to read and he self-taught him self a lot of stuff! He had me reading well before I went to school. I would read the paper with my Grandma. I would point out spelling mistakes to her quite often. She finally got fed up with it and told me to call the paper and tell them when I found mistakes. Well, I always did what my grandma told me!.............. especially not getting a little bitty switch! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And that's exactly what I started doing!:cools: I did it so much, one of the editors called and asked for an interview. Mose was his name. It was a very good article, No spelling mistakes, and it was just the first of several little articles that he chose to include me in.
It was evidently enough, that the FBI, back when they actually did their job, chose to interview him about me when I was getting my top secret clearance. Small towns! That's all you can say LOL

Rainy/snowy day here
IMG_20240122_095726916_HDR.jpg

Little concrete work
IMG_20240122_093149452.jpg

@Bill.de.Cat
Hey I lost your mtg arena name and have been forgetting to ask, what is it again? They did make it mobile so I can actually play
Don't know about mobile or not as I play on laptop.
Name is Phouk_Huu

Extremely cool story! Thanks for sharing! Diamond T trucks! Ohh my God!
Yeah, my dad had to drop out of school at the 6th grade to do exactly the same thing. He left home at the age of 16. He mainly left home because his two older brothers were lazy fuckers!
He found something in Dallas to earn money for a period of time. He actually saw my mom, who was I think 9 or 10 years old, give a young man, that crashed on a motorcycle, her handkerchief for his bloody nose. Pop never knew that was Mom. That was until one day, early in their relationship, she told of her first trip to Dallas and handing a handkerchief to that young man on a motorcycle. Pretty crazy huh?
He was still sixteen when he went to the Merchant Marines. I don't think his mom liked that very much and she pretty much made him come back. He did get to see what Hawaii looked like back in 36.
My Dad loved to read and he self-taught him self a lot of stuff! He had me reading well before I went to school. I would read the paper with my Grandma. I would point out spelling mistakes to her quite often. She finally got fed up with it and told me to call the paper and tell them when I found mistakes. Well, I always did what my grandma told me!.............. especially not getting a little bitty switch! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And that's exactly what I started doing!:cools: I did it so much, one of the editors called and asked for an interview. Mose was his name. It was a very good article, No spelling mistakes, and it was just the first of several little articles that he chose to include me in.
It was evidently enough, that the FBI, back when they actually did their job, chose to interview him about me when I was getting my top secret clearance. Small towns! That's all you can say LOL
Yeah, I firmly believe once you stop trying to learn, you start getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back