Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning @Mossy! Tis the season!

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 12.04.01 AM.png

("swing on by" he sez....like it'z jus down the street or sumthin :doh: but i'll not be buffaloed :nono: )

(see what me did there-? :mrgreen: ppp)
Maybe a buffalo will fly u over to New Jersey! ;) :rofl:

89E2D35A-7EBD-4E4E-A460-6C7AE2BEFE8B.jpeg
378CAF14-798F-49D6-A7FA-777D92730F3B.jpeg

She looks sad that the buffalo is bogarting the doob! :shrug::crying:
311EC14B-EBC1-4A86-BD52-795391A3A6E6.jpeg

Hey guys, is it normal for a plant to droop after watering?
Yes totally normal.
If you need help/advice it's best to post some pics of your plant with your question to make it easier for people to answer based on what they see so we don't have to ask a million questions about media used, pot size, plant size, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Could someone teach me how to water properly? I tried using the finger method, but I still overwatered my plants :(

Hey guys, is it normal for a plant to droop after watering?
Yes under some conditions the plant will pulling water faster than it can transpire it off and the plant will droop. it is of no concern.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering. Make sure there is an air gap under your pot, you do not want runoff to be reabsorbed and if no air then anaerobic microbes can grow. This is a cause of root rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back