Status
Not open for further replies.

briman

autopot rocker
Reaction score
Greetings AFN! This thread is for you to get to know your Kindsoil test team. I would like to introduce you to...
@Anthropolis
@Bromeo
@Eyes on Fire
@Grim Reefer
@pop22
@Pops
@Ripper
@sniper
@Son of Hobbes
@stepside
@Waira
We have a great, diverse group of proven, professional growers here and many different grow styles. I'll turn it over to them for a quick bio on themselves, along with their experience, grow kits used, pot types/sizes and the seeds/strains they are planning on growing out.

I'm using 1 gallon fabric and plastic pots and a couple 3 gallon fabric pots when they are empty
Growing fast buds girl scout cookies, lsd-25 and pineapple express
A Mephisto fantasmo express
And probably some sweet seeds green poison autos

The dirt I am topping off with is rich black dirt from what used to be a manure pile with some perlite added

Water comes from a well ph don't bother asking :D cause I don't know

Lights are a 8 bulb bad boy t5 running 8 2700k "red" bulbs

Greetings friends! I'm Anthropolis or Anthro for short, just a regular guy, war vet, college grad, have a little formal education in biology, botany, and horticulture. I always had a green thumb but Canna is an unusual beastie sometimes that challenges every one of us haha! Like I always say, growing Canna is easy... growing amazing Canna is quite difficult lol. :d5: I like to try new things, modify things, and sometimes challenge age old methods to find room for possible improvement.
------
My hardware: 2'x4'x5' (.6m x 1.2m x 1.5m) Lighthouse Hydro tent, two 450 watt led panels, two UVA/UVB reptile CFL bulbs, six 24 watt CFL's (I have a full set of 6400k Daylight bulbs for the vegetative stage and a full set of 2700k Warm White bulbs for the flowering stage), sometimes I bust out two 24" T8 flouro tubes for low side lighting also with full sets of veg and bloom bulbs, exhaust system is 6" carbon filter on 6" Hydrofarm fan with separate Blueprint fan speed controller, containers are now Root Trapper II fabric smart pots, growing medium is my own mix and KindSoil of course for those test pots.
------
My soil mix: I seem to modify it a little each time as I progress, so it does evolve continuously. Right now it has: a base of Canna brand coconut coir at about 65%~70%, about 25% my own old organic soil mix (pure peat, organic gardening soil, mushroom compost, cow compost, greensand, earthworm compost, Perlite, Vermiculite, Neem tree cake, Azomite granules, Azomite rock dust, Gypsum rock dust, organic silica rock dust, kelp meal, cottonseed meal, powdered seaweed, powdered VivaStrap blackstrap molasses, granulated Lignite, Epsom salt, dolomite lime, chelated iron, pinch of bone meal, pinch of blood meal, and plenty of my own blood, sweat, n tears lol.
Other 5%~10% is fresh Great White mycorrhizae, Mykos mycorrhizae, and a few fresh pinches of some of the above goodies like rock dust, Neem, molasses, EWC.
------
My typical nutrient program: I’m a big fan of organic growing methods for myself personally, and I mainly use the General Organics GO Box. Also I use Humboldt Nutrients Equilibrium (organic CalMag), Canna Rhizotonic sometimes, and will be testing House & Garden Roots Excelurator (which isn’t organic, so it’s going to technically kick me out of the pure organics club, but I wanted to try it.)
------
Genetics:
mine will be female autoflower seeds. 4x Sweet Seeds brand Cream Mandarine XL's, and 4x Sweet Seeds brand Red Poisons. I've purchased some additional KindSoil to be able to split it up fairly and evenly for the unique testing experience.
------
Procedure: half of each strain (2 + 2, 4 total) will be in pots with the KindSoil on the bottom and my soil on top, half of each strain (2 + 2, 4 total) will be in just my soil mix. The ones with KindSoil will be plain water with just some optional rooting goodies like regular Rhizotonic, H&G Rooting Excelurator, maybe General Organics BioRoot, and occasional Great White mycorrhizae. The plants in just my own soil will get that also, but yet may likely need supplemental nutrition. This will be by General Organics GO Box, Humboldt Equilibrium.
------
My hypothesis: is the KindSoil plants will do better, the documentation and reviews look excellent and encouraging. Their concepts and ingredients are sound! I feel good about the product so far. I also hypothesize that all plants will be better than my previous rounds as I'm moving to including better Canna brand coco coir, plus moving to the much more advanced Root Trapper II fabric containers.

Big thanks to KindSoil! This will be fun!

Hello everyone,

First off a big thank you to AFN for letting me on the test team. Of course another thank you to Kind soil for letting us test drive your soil.

A little about me.

I started growing about 25yrs ago nothing extravagant just a couple plants here and there. When the Maine medical marijuana program started I figured if I was going to do it, it might as well be legal. So I did a little research and became a caregiver as well as being a patient.

I think I do alright, I'm not a professional grower meaning I have a full time job and a part time job along with being a caregiver.

Right now I'm growing in n half my garage. I have 3 tents so plenty of room.
1- 6'6x6'6 1-5x5 and 1- 3x3
In the big tent I run 1000w hps in the medium tent I run 1050w of LED and right now I'm using the small tent for seedlings and clones under a small 4 bulb t5

For this soil test grow I'll be using 5gal equivalent airpots and Coco loco for my base media.

Two Jems from FD for autos and two Wonder OG from Mephisto for photos.

I hope I can keep you all interested and give you a fair evaluation of Kindsoil.

I'm mostly an organic grower, but I'm open to all methods, I'm not one to say any style is better than another. I grow organic because its easy and I'm lazy......lol! I use a very simple organic mix and have had good success with it.
For this test, I'll be using 2 gallon retail plastic pots. I dislike fabric pots and won't use them. I'll also be testing on my own, Kind soil in an auto pot. Most of my grows will be done in auto pots soon. I use the 3.9 gallon (18L ) pots.

I'm growing Double Bubbly ( got to change my plant labels.. ), an unreleased Mephisto strain. I have 4 planted and all have sprouted.

The plants are going to go to the greenhouse maybe next week. Right now they are in my 20"x22" x48" cab under a Mars Hydro 180 watt UFO style light.

Hi AFN

I am pretty new to organics and just finished making my own organic light soil recipe.
Il be doing my test on Kind Soil over on PPN using photo-period genetics in a couple of weeks, the strains as of yet are undecided.
Im still waiting on my current organic grow to finish before i can start the test and as im in E.U. its going to take a little while longer till i have the Kind Soil.

The test will run with six plants and 3 strains all in 6 litre square black normal pots. 3 plants will have kind soil as the base getting fed a strict diet of water only while the other 3 will use my very own organic light soil recipe which will be fed later using Bio Bizz Nutrients.

Anyway i hope to see some you folks over on PPN in a few weeks.

Howdy doo all!! I would imagine most know me in the organics world.but for those of you who do not..? Hey hey!! my name is Eyes on Fire,and I consider myself a learned professional gardener and farmer.just dont have the body to do all that these days.but I have some knowledge on said subject. Im solely a living organics grower.

as far as equipment I use 6500K bulb all the way through when I use my T-5's 4ft 8 bulb and 2 two ft four bulbs all with 6500K.and an LED.its the 4X4 192X3 or something LOL mars reflector series. for flowering only.Im using the kind soil and first half is done under the T5's and then once transition stops ill stick them under the LED to finish. I use a myriad of soil mixes.LMFAo Ive even built one out of the grocery store.LOL!

a cpl small fans,no venting as when it high RH and temps are up I leave the tent mostly open,since I dont have to worry about smells that much.

and Im growing a moonstone amnesia and a supernatural OG too.another strain or two but havent decided on them.I might have to replace the SNOG since the seedling is a bit bent and squiggly.and that doesnt tend to do well.so Ill replace it this evening if it dont straighten out a bit. i prolly missed a thing or two,but if you want to know anything just ask.

Last edited:
I am ripper I am not actually growing during this but I have a few grows already under my belt with kind soil. I love the simplicity of using it.. And it grows a mean plant if your water is good. I personally use distilled with it and it seems to like it. I use roots organic as my soil to top off my pots.

I grow for my wife who has a nerve injury and she loves the taste of what I have grown for her so far.

I think this is a great product for all growers but especially new growers.

Hello to all
I have bee growing on and off for 35 yrs. I've done hydro to soil with 100.00 of dollars of Chemicals. The last two years all I have been growing is ORGANIC.

The soil I use is a mix of my own that I adjust from grow to grow if needed.
The base mix is FFOF plus black gold soil worm castings ( my own worms thank to eye on fire and pop22 )
and some other things.

The lighting I will be using are HPS 400 watt and 400 watt Cobb LED, 6, 25 watt CFL and also two, UVA/UVB reptile CFL bulbs, on a 6 ft table. 2 19"fans.

For the kind soil grow I will be using 5 gal fabric pots with 3 gals. of soil.
I will doing a comparison with KIND Soil and my own mix just to see.

Mephisto, seeds will be use for this grow Artisanal Automatics.
Skywalker and 3 Bear for this test.

Big thanks you to AFN for letting me on the test team. Of course thank you to Kind soil for letting us test your soil.

Pops

Hi y'all.
Thank you Kind Soil for the opperknockity.:toke: I've been growing auto's for 4 years now. I grow in DWC, coco, soil or whatever is on sale. Same with nutrients. Whatever is cheap. I've grown with a super soil in the past but never Kind Soil before. I'm looking forward to it.

I run 2 tents. A tiny 32in tall propagation tent to start them in. It's lights are a Blackstar Ufo and a Mars 300w. As well as a 3x5x2 tent with a mixture of Mars and PopularGrow led's. 580 total watts. 6in ventilation and iFilter carbon cans(filters) off ebay.

I'm using one 3 gallon pot and two 1 gallon pots topped of with Salamander Soil. Fantasmo Express in the 3 gallon. Devil Cream and Killer Kush in the gallon pots.

Good luck and a Huge Green Thumb :greenthumb::karmacloud: to everyone growing in this!!!! May we all get monster's :growing:with fruit sweeter than what that tempted Eve.:fire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back