Status
Not open for further replies.
:gary::jointman: Hi folks! ...this lucky devil got to join in on the testing of AFN's newest prospective vendor, KindSoil, to whom I offer a hearty Thanks for sponsoring their fabulous product to all of us for showcase testing here! :clapper::woohoo::clapper:

.... I'm a certified plant nut, and have been growing assorted houseplants, cacti/succulents, carnivores, and especially species type orchids for about 15 years now, working at a friends specialty nursery for 8 of them... I got the chance to finally dive into legal cannabis 4 years ago, auto's for 3 now, thanks to this very site! :woohoo1:

>>> I'm an outdoor grower, using supplementary light for auto's when growing them to get light totals up to about 18+ hrs combined, but for this test run, I'm doing all photo's, full time OD's,... It'll be happening at a client friends place, both of whom are medical canna' Rx patients :biggrin:...bless them, or I'd not be able to do photo's at all currently! The beauty with KindSoil for us this year, is that since I'm moving farther way, and can't be at the grow as often as I want, this super-low maintenance methodology will make the extra trips unnecessary,...Plus I've never tried such a supersoil before... So, only the ever-lasting War on Bugs to grind over-:rofl: :finger: :doh:-- the price of OD life, but that wonderful UVB from the Sun-- :dizzy:-- oh yeah! :hump: Worth it! ...climate is mild coastal CA, some foggy days/nights in Summer, nice "Indian Summer" weather during Fall,...

>>> :spels: here's the dance card:
-- Fairybreath (Lambsbread hybrid from Stone, who I sent Lamby seeds to a couple years ago)... this is an F2, not auto yet, but should be speedy!
-- Acapulco Gold-- ! :eyebrows: old school goodness- (Barney's Farm) -- thanks again wwwillie!
-- Crm. Mandarine (Sweet)
-- Blue Velvet (Dutch Passion)
-- Green Angel -- (Waxi's cross, higher CBD potential... Green Poison x Red Velvet)
-- (2) of Mephisto's F1/S1 fem'ed breeder stock: Skywalker x White Widow, and one of these-- { Kalishnapple x SweetTooth, Flavor Grape, Sour Bubble/ChemD' x Alien OG} -- likely FG, pending feedback from Mitch about her I/S balance,... Sky' x WW is the only nearly full Indica this time- gotta have that! And the AG will cover the Sativa base nicely

>> The Ladiezz will be in 7-10gal fabric pots... (I will, of course, be buying most of the KindSoil (50lb'er) for a grow of this size!) -- My base soil will be mostly Sanctuary Soils Victory Blend, which we used last year, and really liked! -- nicely put together, not overly rich, and pH'ed just right :greenthumb:,...I think I'll try another brand on one, to be determined,... They will all be started in 1gal pots first, and lightly fed appropriate GO Box nutes, and supplements (below) until transplanted....

>> Supplements, as needed or desired: Pro-tekt Si, Hygrozyme, Earth Juice Microblast, Jump Start/Superthrive, Trinity, inoculant Oregonism and maybe some EWC poop tea and molasses now and again,... Bud Factor X as a bud "foliar" when it's time (great product!)

~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: Cheers and Good Luck :goodluck: to all, for fat-phat stanky gummy resin soaked nuggetry on this grow! ~~~~ :thanks: ---KindSoil---:bighug:

Last edited:
Hey everyone, SoH here! Have never done a "super soil" like this before, let alone an organic grow to this extent, so this is pretty new territory for me. Just recently got into coco growing and have really enjoyed it for what it is! Will be testing to see how well coco-coir works with the Kind Soil mix with my growing abilities!

Have been growing for about 4 years now and pretty much never stop learning something new!

Space: I have two tents that will be utilized for this grow, a Mars Hydro (about 4' 9" x 4' 9" if I remember) and an Aviditi 4' x 4' tent.

Lights: In the Mars Hydro tent, I will be running a Mars II 1600W 5W unit. In the 4' x 4' Aviditi tent, I have two 400W HPS/MH (one of each) in 6 inch cool tubes running together.

Pots: I will using a 2 gallon smart (fabric) pot, and four 4 gallon Autopots.

Growing Medium: I am using the Kind Soil base at a rate of about 2 pound per pot for each auto as suggested by some members. The 4 gallon Autopots each have the 2 pounds as the base layer, then it's a 50/50 mix of coco-coir and perlite on top. The 2 gallon smart pot is about a pound + of Kind Soil on the bottom, and the rest is mixed in with a coco-coir/perlite mix as a test to see if will work on seedlings diluted down.

The challenge with the autopots will be getting a taproot long enough to reach the Kind Soil mixture without using any nutrients in the nutrient-devoid coco-coir. The tentative plan is to take 1 gallon smart pots and transplant them into the Autopots with the Kind Soil mixture after 2-3 weeks, or preferably sex as I will be running regular seeds.

Strains: Regular seeds (not fem, sexing out) of Tombstone (Stone Dragon x CotC Narcotherapy), Stone Dragon Black, Stone Dragon, and Blackberry Stone (Stone Dragon x DP Blackberry Kush.) Have seedlings started of each (send me some girly germ karma haha!)

I have two Stone Dragons regs in the 2 gallon smart pot in seedling right now.

Nutrients: The plants being transplanted into the autopots will be fed Grow More Sea Grow 16-16-16 for the first 2 weeks or so to help establish them in their coco-coir pots, then once transplanted, will be fed only pH'd water from the Autopot reservoir.

Appreciate the opportunity from @Kindsoil to test this out! Maybe have to tweak some things but VERY excited to see how well this can work with autopots. Seems to be a step closer to a more "set it and forget" system, which I know may not be of importance to many growers, but for the time-strapped fella out there that wants to still grow some buds, well. This is for you! :hump: Grow on fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back