New Grower New member, new grow. Mephisto Cosmic Queen and Mephisto 24 Carat

They are looking great, OF. Looks like a week or so for the 24k, as I like at least all cloudy trichs when white hairs are still going. I didn't see any trich pics of the CQ, but she's looks ready now. No white hairs, swollen calyx. She looks finished to me! What a beautiful plant! She will be a big yielder. Nice growing!
Hi Iriee,

Tomorrow will be a week from the pics above. I will check the trichs once again then, and if the clear trichs have mostly gone, down the 24c goes. They are about two weeks overdue now, but they are in large pots with autopot feeding, so delay was expected. I will check the CQ as well, and if it looks ready, it will come down as soon as I get done trimming the 24c.

The smell in the growdrobe is pretty potent, and the 24c nugs are really solid. It will be interesting to see how they dry. I will be hanging them trimmed in a box which is led to the growdrobe via a 4" duct. Lately, it has been at ~50% rh, so just about right. Whether I can keep it that way once hanging gets going is another matter.

Thanks for your comment and like. :thanks:

ps. more recent pics of the 24c trichs are here:

Sounds like a great plan, OF! Nice work!

Hi Iriee,

Tomorrow will be a week from the pics above. I will check the trichs once again then, and if the clear trichs have mostly gone, down the 24c goes. They are about two weeks overdue now, but they are in large pots with autopot feeding, so delay was expected. I will check the CQ as well, and if it looks ready, it will come down as soon as I get done trimming the 24c.

The smell in the growdrobe is pretty potent, and the 24c nugs are really solid. It will be interesting to see how they dry. I will be hanging them trimmed in a box which is led to the growdrobe via a 4" duct. Lately, it has been at ~50% rh, so just about right. Whether I can keep it that way once hanging gets going is another matter.

Thanks for your comment and like. :thanks:

ps. more recent pics of the 24c trichs are here:
Looking forward to your update olderfart! Just looked at your 24C post, they look really close and you might be ready today.

I just chopped both my plants yesterday at day 89 for the 24C and 85 for the CQ. Got em hanging in the tent now.

Looking forward to your update olderfart! Just looked at your 24C post, they look really close and you might be ready today.

I just chopped both my plants yesterday at day 89 for the 24C and 85 for the CQ. Got em hanging in the tent now.
I chopped the high colas on the CQ yesterday on Day 81, and took the four highest colas off the smaller 24C today. Material from both still seems not quite ripe to me. However, I will have another look at trichs tomorrow and see what I want to do. Most likely I will leave the rest until they are a bit further along, so I will have both early chop and later. Did your 24C's show much amber on the calyxes when you chopped? If so, how quickly did it come on? At this point, I will be satisfied if I can just get most trichs cloudy - they are taking their sweet time.

I'll post pics later on in the harvest process.

I chopped the high colas on the CQ yesterday on Day 81, and took the four highest colas off the smaller 24C today. Material from both still seems not quite ripe to me. However, I will have another look at trichs tomorrow and see what I want to do. Most likely I will leave the rest until they are a bit further along, so I will have both early chop and later. Did your 24C's show much amber on the calyxes when you chopped? If so, how quickly did it come on? At this point, I will be satisfied if I can just get most trichs cloudy - they are taking their sweet time.

I'll post pics later on in the harvest process.
Mine were basically all cloudy with a touch of amber on the upper colas for both plants, maybe 10%. The CQ seemed to ripen up a bit faster than the 24C even though it was 4 days behind as it seemed to have more amber than the 24C. The bottom bud sites were probably about 50/50 clear/cloudy for both so ideally I would have chopped just the uppers like you did but I don't have a place to dry thats adequate other than my tent so I took them all down. I noticed them all or mostly cloudy for about week before I saw any amber if I remember right, didnt write it down though. I probably could have waited a bit longer but Im eager to get my second go round in and my personal stash is on rations at the moment so I could use the bud lol. I hooked up the carbon filter to a humidistat to keep it pegged at 52% for the first two days and now 60% for the remainder.

Couple pics here and finally got my dlsr running, havent used it in about 4 years so going to have to relearn a few things. The CQ is the darker smaller buds and 24C bigger and more green.

Mine were basically all cloudy with a touch of amber on the upper colas for both plants, maybe 10%. The CQ seemed to ripen up a bit faster than the 24C even though it was 4 days behind as it seemed to have more amber than the 24C. The bottom bud sites were probably about 50/50 clear/cloudy for both so ideally I would have chopped just the uppers like you did but I don't have a place to dry thats adequate other than my tent so I took them all down. I noticed them all or mostly cloudy for about week before I saw any amber if I remember right, didnt write it down though. I probably could have waited a bit longer but Im eager to get my second go round in and my personal stash is on rations at the moment so I could use the bud lol. I hooked up the carbon filter to a humidistat to keep it pegged at 52% for the first two days and now 60% for the remainder.

Couple pics here and finally got my dlsr running, havent used it in about 4 years so going to have to relearn a few things. The CQ is the darker smaller buds and 24C bigger and more green.

Looks like the stash is about to receive... Nice buds, it must feel good to be putting a nice grow to bed.

I will have a look at trichs this morning, and may do some more chopping today. Good luck with the dry, it sounds like you have a nice setup to get the buds just right. Mine are hanging in a separate box connected to the growdrobe and its filtration by a 4" duct. Works a treat so far, keeping things at a bit more than 50%rh in there, and I have a computer fan keeping the air moving in the box. So far, the setup seems to be doing well.

I will be interested to hear what you think of the 24C. I tried a bit of the scissor hash yesterday, and got what I would describe as a very level headed quiet stone out of it. Not as strong as I expected, but that was my first try of the scissor stuff, and I was using it in a dry flower vape, so maybe I wasn't getting what was in there. Anyway, my initial impression is that it is going to be a beaut for sleep. The flavor lingered a lot, maybe that happens with the scissor stuff. Unlike the other indica stuff I have tried, I would say it had little or none of the fuel or skunk flavor, but I will have to think about how to describe it. Very nice anyway. I'll make my first attempt at a vape report later once I get some cured.

I hear what you say about the DSLR. My mirrorless was pretty quiet before this grow got going. Been more macro shots through that thing in the last few weeks than in its previous career. :biggrin:

Good luck with the next grow, I hope you do a journal. :goodluck::pighug:

Looks like the stash is about to receive... Nice buds, it must feel good to be putting a nice grow to bed.

I will have a look at trichs this morning, and may do some more chopping today. Good luck with the dry, it sounds like you have a nice setup to get the buds just right. Mine are hanging in a separate box connected to the growdrobe and its filtration by a 4" duct. Works a treat so far, keeping things at a bit more than 50%rh in there, and I have a computer fan keeping the air moving in the box. So far, the setup seems to be doing well.

I will be interested to hear what you think of the 24C. I tried a bit of the scissor hash yesterday, and got what I would describe as a very level headed quiet stone out of it. Not as strong as I expected, but that was my first try of the scissor stuff, and I was using it in a dry flower vape, so maybe I wasn't getting what was in there. Anyway, my initial impression is that it is going to be a beaut for sleep. The flavor lingered a lot, maybe that happens with the scissor stuff. Unlike the other indica stuff I have tried, I would say it had little or none of the fuel or skunk flavor, but I will have to think about how to describe it. Very nice anyway. I'll make my first attempt at a vape report later once I get some cured.

I hear what you say about the DSLR. My mirrorless was pretty quiet before this grow got going. Been more macro shots through that thing in the last few weeks than in its previous career. :biggrin:

Good luck with the next grow, I hope you do a journal. :goodluck::pighug:
Feels very good indeed :) Sounds like you got a nice innovative setup for drying too!

My 24C was a breeze to trim and didnt really accumulate on the scissors so I didnt test that one but the CQ put out a ton and I smoked that for a few days, delicious. I turned the trim and the few popcorn buds I had into bubble hash last night. Got it drying now and should be ready to test tomorrow, excited to give that a go as it smells really good.

Macro shots were my favourite back when i was using it more often. I used to grow carnivorous plants and enjoyed taking macro shots of those as they often had very interesting glands similar to trichomes kind of that were pretty cool to photograph. Going to get back into it for sure.

I plan on documenting my next grow on the forums here so you'll definitely be seeing that pop up when I get started after the buds finish drying.

Day 84 update
Here we are at Day 84 after partial chop of the CQ on Day 82, and partial chop of one of the 24C's on Day 83. Both the early chops had excessive clear trichs, and very little amber on the calyxes, so I elected to hold off for a while on the remainder of the harvest. With luck, I will end up with some early and some late chop, which works for me.

Here are the 3 girls on Day 84, the center 24c has had the 4 highest colas removed, and the CQ has had a mitt full of higher colas removed.

the girls on day 84.jpg

The larger 24c, not yet chopped:

larger 24c.jpg

One of her colas up close and personal:

24c cola2.jpg

24C #2, after 4 largest colas chopped:

partly chopped 24c.jpg

And one of her remaining colas, up close and personal:

24c cola.jpg

Finally, the CQ after a bunch of colas chopped:

partly chopped cq.jpg

And one of her remaining colas, up close and personal:

cq cola.jpg

And, before I sign off, the results of the first partial chops. The colas front and right are from the 24C, the ones in the back are from the CQ. There is a ruler in there for scale:

the harvest so far.jpg

I'm seeing a bit more amber all round, and a bit less clear. Chop day may re-start tomorrow, at least on the most advanced plant. I'll sleep on it. :biggrin:

Speaking of the chop, I gotta say that trimming the 24C colas was a flyshit out of pepper with sticky boxing gloves sorta thing. Leafy don't cover it. Heavy and dense, but the number of leaves... Perhaps I just don't understand how many really need to be removed. :shrug:

Happy growing all.

Nice harvest, OF! Damn, I wish that was my tent!

Barely can tell you've taken any off and then you see the box and there is a lot in there, nice! CQ looking real close but ya the 24C still looks like quite a few clear trichs, hopefully more change over the next few days. Are your night temps getting quite cool? Im thinking that contributed to my extra time as it was getting to 17-18c every night. Going to run lights 24hrs next time to help combat that.

Back