New Grower New member, new grow. Mephisto Cosmic Queen and Mephisto 24 Carat

@Olderfart your girls are looking super healthy and stacking up great your going to get a nice hefty harvest also regarding fan leaves if my girls are healthy if they're in the way or to create more airflow i remove them quite heavily at times
You and I are on the same page regarding removing leaves. I have done one dramatic haircut and one less ambitious tune up so far with my ladies, and it seems that they could not care less about either. Leaving them as dense as they were seemed like a recipe for mould to me, so out came the snippers. :biggrin: And of course I also topped the CQ to keep the height under a bit of control, and she took that in stride without a whimper.

OTOH, there is still time for mischief... :eyebrows:

It would be nice...

OTOH, our Honda snowblower keeps the shovels hanging idle mostly. It got its first warmup of the season a few days back. The skiers around here are still hoping for a lot more snow though...

How are your ladies doing after a few days on MC?

The girls seem to be responding to it I think. The flowers are doing better than I thought they would at this stage considering everything. Grace is the farthest along and her buds have a nice density to them. I've been arguing with myself about the lights, if to raise them a bit more or leave them @ 24'', which is 6 inches above where the seller said they should be for flower.

You and I are on the same page regarding removing leaves. I have done one dramatic haircut and one less ambitious tune up so far with my ladies, and it seems that they could not care less about either. Leaving them as dense as they were seemed like a recipe for mould to me, so out came the snippers. :biggrin:
also with Mephisto strains and don't get me wrong as ive grown a fair few ive even got 2 strains now but the buds can be so compact it can be a recipe for mould so good on you for being super aware of that and creating airflow im growing 3 in solo cups at the min

The girls seem to be responding to it I think. The flowers are doing better than I thought they would at this stage considering everything. Grace is the farthest along and her buds have a nice density to them. I've been arguing with myself about the lights, if to raise them a bit more or leave them @ 24'', which is 6 inches above where the seller said they should be for flower.
Different plants, different needs. I suspect that there simply is not one rule safe for all plants, period. My CQ seems a whole lot fussier than the 24C's are about both nutes and light. As we do more of this, we will, I hope, get better at recognizing light stress. The challenge with you and I this time around is that we were dealing with both nute and light issues simultaneously, and trying to do so with zero mileage with indoor grows. Good thing for the generous help to be had on this site.

Anyway, it sounds as though you will get some good buds in spite of difficulties, and like me, you have learned lots for the next grow. Learning is good, and some buds make it even better. :biggrin: :goodluck:

also with Mephisto strains and don't get me wrong as ive grown a fair few ive even got 2 strains now but the buds can be so compact it can be a recipe for mould so good on you for being super aware of that and creating airflow im growing 3 in solo cups at the min
Yeah, the sight of some of the buds the Mephisto strains pump out has me really careful about air movement and humidity. It seems damn near a miracle to me that chunky colas like that ever manage to dry out without mould even when conditions are great. Getting my buds dry and cured will be another adventure.

Yeah, the sight of some of the buds the Mephisto strains pump out has me really careful about air movement and humidity. It seems damn near a miracle to me that chunky colas like that ever manage to dry out without mould even when conditions are great. Getting my buds dry and cured will be another adventure.
I'm doing cannazone test with a product called rotblock and it's for condition s as you speak of also I'd imagine it will be a godsend outdoors you foliar spray them one weekly with no harm to taste or smell I've been using it for 3 weeks so its something that may interest you in the future https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tester-results.74575/

I'm doing cannazone test with a product called rotblock and it's for condition s as you speak of also I'd imagine it will be a godsend outdoors you foliar spray them one weekly with no harm to taste or smell I've been using it for 3 weeks so its something that may interest you in the future https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tester-results.74575/
I will be watching the rotblock tests with interest. Especially given my outdoor results last summer. Mould was one of the issues...

For now, a bit pricey for me, but I may change my mind if I end up with mould on this indoor grow as well. I am hoping that keeping airflow up and humidity down will do the job, but I know that the jury is out.

One issue that I did not anticipate with the autopot setup and fabric pots is that the pots grow a bit of mould on the outside near the bottom where they stay moist, especially where the roots penetrate and then die off. Consequently, I have to assume that the inside of my cupboard is well and truly spored... If I end up with mould, I will not be using fabric pots with autopots again.

I'm a big fan of the autopot system it makes life easier for me but I've never used the fabric pots in them also I will keep you posted with the rotblock test

So, I just did yet another haircut on Miss CQ. Just too many flowering branches in the bush for my tastes. But that is not the reason for this note. I did the trim without gloves. I tried to clean my fingers with dish detergent to remove the lovely but very strong smell. Now, when I sniff my fingers, with the intensity dialed down by washing, I get the most delightful mix of fresh conifer and not so fresh orange peel. I can't wait to see what these buds are like after an effective dry and cure. I can't stop sniffing my fingers... I think the other half figures I have gone over the edge. :biggrin:

Day 55 with pics
Well, still trucking. 24C's may be entering the home stretch, CQ still piling on the bud, maybe finished stretching higher.

Here are the three girls on day 55:

PC240010.JPG

A few pics of CQ, really starting to pile on the bud:

PC240002.JPG
PC240003.JPG
PC240004.JPG

The larger 24C:

PC240008.JPG

PC240006.JPG

PC240012.JPG

PC240011.JPG

And last and slightly least, the smaller 24C:

PC240009.JPG

PC240007.JPG

The larger 24C is putting on a bit of color. I am back on 24hrs of light and fairly consistent temps, so she may not color up a whole lot more. We shall see. I tried backing the light off to 20/4, but did not like the temps/RH that occurred during lights out, so I snuffed that idea. Still a bit of nute/light mischief going on, but the buds are stacking regardless, so I am done chasing it.

Happy growing, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, and/or Merry Christmas all, whatever cures your bud. :biggrin:

Back