New Grower New member, new grow. Mephisto Cosmic Queen and Mephisto 24 Carat

Day 66
Well here we are on Day 66, and it looks as though I may close out this grow without quite killing them after all. I am closing in on chop day for the 24C's, but not there yet. The Mephisto specs suggest as little as 65 days, but still too many clear and not enough amber for me. CQ is still fattening up, it will be nice to see how far she goes in that department.

The three girls:

the girls on day 66.jpg

Miss CQ and one of her colas:

CQ.jpg

CQ cola.jpg

The larger 24C and some of her bud:
larger 24C.jpg

larger 24C main cola.jpg

close2.jpg

Ditto for the smaller 24C:

smaller 24C.jpg

smaller 24C main cola.jpg

close.jpg

I would say that the 24C's are a week or less from chop, the CQ maybe as much as a week behind, roughly a week or so more than the periods stated by Mephisto. OTOH, I want that amber, so Mephisto could be considered pretty close to the mark.

The structure of the 24C colas, at least the top sections of them are leafy - perhaps nutes, perhaps light screwups. However, there is serious bud almost to the dirt, so it will be interesting to see how yield sorts out.

The jury is not in on structure of the CQ yet, but I think it is looking not bad. Unless ripening happens very quickly, it should put on some more bulk yet.

Happy growing all, and thanks for checking in. As always, comments are welcome. :biggrin:

no much i can say other than it looks like you know what yer doin :greenthumb:nice bushes :smokeit:nice trichs :thumbsup:
im fond of an early chop,of the limited number of breeders ive tried i find mephisto pretty spot on with harvest times :toke: makes for a pleasant change from some of the lies we been quoted on finish times from other breeders :frowny:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

no much i can say other than it looks like you know what yer doin :greenthumb:nice bushes :smokeit:nice trichs :thumbsup:
im fond of an early chop,of the limited number of breeders ive tried i find mephisto pretty spot on with harvest times :toke: makes for a pleasant change from some of the lies we been quoted on finish times from other breeders :frowny:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:
If it looks like I know what I am doing, looks can be deceiving... Whatever useful I have learned about this business has been picked up from other's online generosity, most of it here on AFN. This is a wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable forum. Hats off to all the keen growers here willing to share their knowledge! An example of the good stuff that can be accomplished online. :thanks:

Well here we are on Day 66, and it looks as though I may close out this grow without quite killing them after all. I am closing in on chop day for the 24C's, but not there yet. The Mephisto specs suggest as little as 65 days, but still too many clear and not enough amber for me. CQ is still fattening up, it will be nice to see how far she goes in that department.

The three girls:

View attachment 1146082

Miss CQ and one of her colas:

View attachment 1146083

View attachment 1146084

The larger 24C and some of her bud:View attachment 1146085

View attachment 1146086

View attachment 1146087

Ditto for the smaller 24C:

View attachment 1146088

View attachment 1146089

View attachment 1146091

I would say that the 24C's are a week or less from chop, the CQ maybe as much as a week behind, roughly a week or so more than the periods stated by Mephisto. OTOH, I want that amber, so Mephisto could be considered pretty close to the mark.

The structure of the 24C colas, at least the top sections of them are leafy - perhaps nutes, perhaps light screwups. However, there is serious bud almost to the dirt, so it will be interesting to see how yield sorts out.

The jury is not in on structure of the CQ yet, but I think it is looking not bad. Unless ripening happens very quickly, it should put on some more bulk yet.

Happy growing all, and thanks for checking in. As always, comments are welcome. :biggrin:

Very very nice. Awesome grow :toke:

Very very nice. Awesome grow :toke:
Hey @Kyote, thanks for the hats off. I have definitely learned lots on this grow, and somehow managed to not screw up too badly for too long in spite of being such a noob. Whatever credit is due goes to the generous people here and elsewhere who have been willing to steer us newcomers in the right direction. OTOH, the screwups were mine, all mine.

I am looking forward to seeing how I make out trying to get the bud dried and cured. Could be a bit of a challenge for me. I still haven't figured out how I will manage the smell. The 24C's will have to come out of the growdrobe first while the CQ finishes up. I may try hanging in a cardboard box with a vent hose leading to the air intake of the growdrobe so the filter fan sucks up the air from the drying box. Desperation being the mother of invention and all that... The other half is not keen on the smell. The summer grow was pretty impressive in that department - she figured it stank to high heaven when she was mowing grass 50 feet away from the plants. I gotta admit, she had a point. :biggrin:

Hey @Kyote, thanks for the hats off. I have definitely learned lots on this grow, and somehow managed to not screw up too badly for too long in spite of being such a noob. Whatever credit is due goes to the generous people here and elsewhere who have been willing to steer us newcomers in the right direction. OTOH, the screwups were mine, all mine.

I am looking forward to seeing how I make out trying to get the bud dried and cured. Could be a bit of a challenge for me. I still haven't figured out how I will manage the smell. The 24C's will have to come out of the growdrobe first while the CQ finishes up. I may try hanging in a cardboard box with a vent hose leading to the air intake of the growdrobe so the filter fan sucks up the air from the drying box. Desperation being the mother of invention and all that... The other half is not keen on the smell. The summer grow was pretty impressive in that department - she figured it stank to high heaven when she was mowing grass 50 feet away from the plants. I gotta admit, she had a point. :biggrin:

Right? i'll have one finishing earlier too and will hang it in a box under a table. At my old place I had a cabin to hang the outdoor girls in. Good thing these autos are much smaller in stature. What ya growing next?

Right? i'll have one finishing earlier too and will hang it in a box under a table. At my old place I had a cabin to hang the outdoor girls in. Good thing these autos are much smaller in stature. What ya growing next?
Dunno what, but if I like the 24C and CQ, I have more of each, as well as some other Mephisto freebies. Odds are good that the next grow will stick with Mephisto one way or another, most likely with the beans I already have. When will be next winter, if then. The other half and I are away from home too much in the summer to get a grow, dry and cure done between absences, so winter is my only easy window. My grow last summer got harvested, but too early for my tastes, because I ran out of time. I actually had to freeze everything and continue the dry and cure when we got back home. That worked ok, but the bud is not what I hoped for due to the early harvest.

Grow, learn, grow again. :biggrin:

How about you? On Van Isl. you could probably get a nice auto grow done if you put a roof over it to keep the rain off. I protected my grow last summer with a roof, but the cold and wet still stuffed a third or more of the bud due to mold.

Have a look at the videos on youtube by Harley Smith - he has some great information about plant nutrition and health. If I was going for another outdoor grow, I would have a careful look at the rotblock product being tested by one of the gurus on here at the moment. It looks promising, perhaps especially if combined with the plant health ideas presented by Smith. If you do a run outdoors down there, I suggest that you start things so flowering can finish in late July/early August when things are as dry as they get. Could be fun! If I was home all summer...:cheers::goodluck:

Dunno what, but if I like the 24C and CQ, I have more of each, as well as some other Mephisto freebies. Odds are good that the next grow will stick with Mephisto one way or another, most likely with the beans I already have. When will be next winter, if then. The other half and I are away from home too much in the summer to get a grow, dry and cure done between absences, so winter is my only easy window. My grow last summer got harvested, but too early for my tastes, because I ran out of time. I actually had to freeze everything and continue the dry and cure when we got back home. That worked ok, but the bud is not what I hoped for due to the early harvest.

Grow, learn, grow again. :biggrin:

How about you? On Van Isl. you could probably get a nice auto grow done if you put a roof over it to keep the rain off. I protected my grow last summer with a roof, but the cold and wet still stuffed a third or more of the bud due to mold.

Have a look at the videos on youtube by Harley Smith - he has some great information about plant nutrition and health. If I was going for another outdoor grow, I would have a careful look at the rotblock product being tested by one of the gurus on here at the moment. It looks promising, perhaps especially if combined with the plant health ideas presented by Smith. If you do a run outdoors down there, I suggest that you start things so flowering can finish in late July/early August when things are as dry as they get. Could be fun! If I was home all summer...:cheers::goodluck:

Even in the Okanogan I put up a greenhouse clear tarp over the plants due to falling ash from wildfires in the summer and rains in the early fall. I'll do the same here. There is a local fast flowering that is famous on the island. I'll try to get hold of that, along with autos outdoors. I've got Candy Kush, Critical purple, NL x Big Bud and some AK beans in auto so haven't decided yet what I will do next indoors. I think I can squeeze in two grows outdoors on the autos. Will try anyway!

Even in the Okanogan I put up a greenhouse clear tarp over the plants due to falling ash from wildfires in the summer and rains in the early fall. I'll do the same here. There is a local fast flowering that is famous on the island. I'll try to get hold of that, along with autos outdoors. I've got Candy Kush, Critical purple, NL x Big Bud and some AK beans in auto so haven't decided yet what I will do next indoors. I think I can squeeze in two grows outdoors on the autos. Will try anyway!
I look forward to following your grows! Not to mention the testing results of that famous fast flowering strain. :biggrin:

Back