Newman’s Ganja Greenhouse

Much Success Gypsy
:d5::woohoo1::thumbsup::coffee2:
If you were my neighbor you saw me wake up at the ass crack of dawn and check on my propagator like a kid at Christmas. Wipe the car windshield on the way out…. Light frost, weather app says 34, strawberries beside the greenhouse had frost kissed leaves. Greenhouse interior was about 42f, yet inside of my bucket with a 9w light
B4703434-3AEF-4147-BE22-B6F8A3D07AD1.jpeg

the low was 59 to start last night so I’m thinking it sat somewhere between 79 and 73 all night, Ogreberry auto hits the ground running today.

when I checked was the lowest temp of the night typically between 3-6am bottoms out

Last edited:
ABLD transplanted
Feeling confident so I planted out the Auto Bruce Lemon Diesel too. ABLD lower left, Ogreberry lower right. These two varietals are supposed to be the smallest and quickest of this run, so I chose to put them close to the door so later in the season it opens up for easier access. Also 117f max today so far and the plants are like honey badgers, zero fucks given
E69709A5-5140-4488-B57E-022016D85560.jpeg

I also took apart an old lamp, gutted the electrical and sketchily made another bucket propagator. :hothot: Fire hazard anyone? Only blue buckets available for free so blue it is
21CFCEDB-1395-4308-B7A2-E8F8E4C42F7F.jpeg

A little late now but maybe add a passive heat pump? Dig out soil to below frost line, take 4" pvc pipe and run it around as much as possible, bring each end up above your grow soil, attach a 4" cabinet fan(ac infinity) on one end to blow warm or cold air through the piping. Air will be warm in winter and cool in summer. I think maybe @derek420colorado may have something similar in his space. You could probably run the fan off a solar panel and car battery

A little late now but maybe add a passive heat pump? Dig out soil to below frost line, take 4" pvc pipe and run it around as much as possible, bring each end up above your grow soil, attach a 4" cabinet fan(ac infinity) on one end to blow warm or cold air through the piping. Air will be warm in winter and cool in summer. I think maybe @derek420colorado may have something similar in his space. You could probably run the fan off a solar panel and car battery
Something to consider for next year for sure, I used to do radon mitigation so this is right up my alley. If radon was present you’de be venting into your greenhouse:gassy1:maybe not the wisest choice

Something to consider for next year for sure, I used to do radon mitigation so this is right up my alley. If radon was present you’de be venting into your greenhouse:gassy1:maybe not the wisest choice
looking forward to tagging along with this bro

Another thought- I thought I was going to have to cut back on number of plants as the ac wasn't keeping up and running full steam all day. I put some harbor freight shade cloth on the side of my rv where the ac's are and ac's are keeping grow space at 78 with outside at 87 and it's cycling off and on until late afternoon when sun is beating full bloom on the ac. These rv's are not made for full time living

I have constructed the same setup for a friends greenhouses, seeing the pipe under the ground is a continuous sealed system you wouldn't get any radon gas into the green house.

That is a nice greenhouse you have there!

I have constructed the same setup for a friends greenhouses, seeing the pipe under the ground is a continuous sealed system you wouldn't get any radon gas into the green house.
Stoner problems didn’t see the important part of bringing each end above the ground:haha:
Thanks for taking the time to clarify :pass: now I really am going to have to plan it out this winter

Outside temp 44
In bucket temps through the night at ground level
49088266-0BCE-4248-B7DD-4EE9932FF3DA.jpeg

Ogreberry
510AB3C9-45F7-47E1-AB4F-FE7FA7F4FB88.jpeg

Auto Bruce Lemon Diesel
3467BA73-1424-44C7-8794-28F3232FD962.jpeg

my new routine will be to go out and check the thermometer, move it out into the general greenhouse interior, then once it shows suitable temps I remove the buckets. Labor intensive but worth it to spread out the harvest. Budget won’t allow for me to build more propagators and weather is looking less than suitable at night in the next two weeks. So I may direct sow all later, or start 2 more indoors now then direct sow the other two in two weeks time? I really think direct sow would make for the biggest ladies:drool:

Back