Newman’s Ganja Greenhouse

FarmerJake

Organic Homegrower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
:welcome: To Newman’s Ganja Greenhouse:weed:
The Greenhouse(unfinished)
6F162D23-74F5-4BDB-A3FF-BC4F1264048A.jpeg

I’ll be using this thread not so much to showcase cannabis as to detail the trials and tribulations of greenhouse life. Each of the six plants will have their own thread within their respective breeders forums to follow their stories but I’m sure some overlap will occur.
The Genetics
Ogreberry Auto by Twenty20 Mendocino
Wedding Glue Auto by Seedstockers
Strawberry Gorilla Auto by Fastbuds
Cherry Cola Auto by Fastbuds
Auto Bruce Lemon Diesel by SSSC
Auto Elephant by Super Sativa Seed Club
The Soil
378DCE28-7FAD-4B01-AEEF-9052E060E949.png

Plants will all be planted directly into the native soil amended with dry amendments and compost. Ogreberry and ABLD were started 5/24/22 in 1g pots and will be transplanted out come June, I may try direct sowing the others as I can spare a few weeks in the season if those fail.
:smokeit:

I have a Strawberry Gorilla and Ogreberry berry I just started as well! Will be interested in seeing how they do outdoors compared to my tent.

I've always wanted to grow outdoors myself and I really love DIY stuff so this is right up my alley. Awesome work on the greenhouse. I'll be following along:pop:

Overheating and Whitewashing
70f and partly cloudy
14693B5E-C052-4E53-AA8E-D4AD695D9DB7.jpeg

No active ventilation yet only passive. Still have to apply whitewash to the roof and probably another layer to the glass on the walls. For whitewash I went with diluted outdoor water based latex primer. I honestly eyeballed dilution ratios and test sprayed a broken pane to check the shading. The shading eventually lightened as it dried so another coat should do the trick. Initially applied with a simple spray bottle, but I quickly upgraded to a pressure sprayer. Hoping it reduces visibility even more as law states the crop cannot be visible from a public way without binoculars or Aerial assistance so I have to obstruct the view as the greenhouse is visible from the road/sidewalk :oops1: . If the whitewashing doesn’t satisfy that need I have agribon row cover used to cover crops early season that I will tack up inside. The row cover will 100% be implemented over any screen area. These screen areas are where my garage windows will eventually go but I had to improvise as I won’t have those until later this season. Sorry for the novel :pass:
791683CD-F6D9-477D-A154-5FF7C7C8DDF0.jpeg

Soil Amendment
Today was overcast so I got a chance to work in the greenhouse without cooking myself:chef: so I whipped out the mantis tiller.
In this photo it is the raw ground with the leveling sand removed. The site of the greenhouse was an above ground pool for over a decade from the previous homeowner so the soil has zero seeds or roots.
595E9E89-7167-4AA9-9A86-4D0CB8C70B89.jpeg

I worked the soil in quarters, removing the soil and going deeper until I hit 16” deep.
77CC248A-96EF-4EE0-8120-D033C7BC5189.jpeg

once the whole bed was worked it was then raked level and the dry amendments where spread, followed by a bag of compost and a bag of raised garden bed soil. All OMRI listed. This photo is of the dry amendments just as I was putting down the compost. The bed was tilled again to incorporate
7C012056-B84C-4E7B-B430-FA0D4CF2FDEA.jpeg

The soil was again leveled and then a trench was dug down the center, as well as a small landing pad for me at the doorway. A 2-3” layer of straw mulch was then applied
8DFA5F76-2E68-422A-975C-362E381FAB7D.jpeg

Solo cups were left in place where the plants will go for ease of access to soil once ready for planting/transplanting
A8A79087-A0FB-4E08-9A2F-D7C7B98A9599.jpeg

Dang!! You got that greenhouse ready as can be brother!!
Show us the plants :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:

Dang!! You got that greenhouse ready as can be brother!!
Show us the plants :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:
Ogreberry is day 7
Auto Bruce Lemon Diesel is day 6
The rest will be direct sown. Farmers almanac has this silly guide to gardening by the moon
So I will be transplanting/sowing the first/second of June. Though weather patterns trending into the 30’s at night still have me questioning pushing a later start on 2 since my season will have time on the tail end and perhaps pulling the trigger at multiple intervals will tell me when to do it in the future. Plus harvest wouldn’t be all at once
307A05CA-0CF2-4BAB-99AC-D1AA55053434.jpeg

Active intake
Worth mentioning I got my window fan turned greenhouse vent installed
ACFE4746-6054-45E6-A769-9D56A6AB1665.jpeg
8515209B-6466-4C82-9F49-11C3AFD323EA.jpeg

the day I installed it was 75f and sunny and temps only hit 97f in the greenhouse and kept the humidity way more consistent. Compared to 120f in the unventilated greenhouse on a 72f overcast day it is pretty effective(plus the whitewashing). Placement was based loosely on info found here
Running the fan on high all three fans blowing in

Bucket propagator
My greenhouse this season is still missing some of its windows I have yet to rob from the garage. This would make implementing a conventional heater difficult, plus my wife doesn’t want the expense:kissass:(I’m the one kneeling here if it’s in question). Desperate for a solution I thought out of the bucket. Everything was lying around so the materials may be imperfect and the execution primitive but its functional
06AEA391-74FB-480E-AC16-F3847E6D4119.jpeg

a clamp light
2 buckets(inner one white for reflection. Outer one dark for light spill reduction)
GE 9w LED seedling full spectrum bulb
Some duct tape
And probably a blanket to go over it at night for insulation
Dirtiness in bucket is white cement from tiling my bathroom
952A03EA-BDE6-4460-AA04-8B0FA7E4F5C8.jpeg

Used the full spectrum setting on the Photone app at the “ground level” mouth of the bucket
62A08A33-9317-4E2D-8E52-F16D029405BC.png

if this ends up working it might actually benefit the plants growth. Tonight is a late season 34f so great dry run test with a recording thermostat, then the real thing tomorrow night with ogreberry on a more mild night

Back