Opinion/advice on my set up

Wondering why there's 2 timers but only 1 light myself.

All the others are much more knowledgeable than I am on the other stuff, just was wondering why.

How did you find biotabs? I thought about trying say 3 plants all this varying nutes/combos to see what worked best but as much info I can gather is helpful AF, I’ve read up on so much and a lot differs between growers, plus I’m guilty of getting distracted reading through all these good forums lol one minute I’ll be like kl, no nutes see where it goes then. Next one I’m like load them girls up haha
the biotabs are very easy just follow the directions add how many tabs it says for the amount of medium you want add some pk booster to your watering and thats it really the tabs do everything else no need for ph or anything my mistake with them was not adding another tab when i should have but still grew some huge plants just were a deficient towards the end my fault i will try them again but i got into the coco rabbit hole

Long time bio bizz user here..but not all mix as it can be a bit hot and watering frequency is important.
I give my plants nothing but DI water for 3 weeks, the ph everything afterwards.
Fish Mix is some strong nitro and autos must be mature if you use it. Personally, I only use grow and bloom...
I don't soak seeds, just plug and play...
Growing multiple plants is opportunity to learn differences if you have the patience.
Starting to get a bit worried now about the medium, thought I’d researched enough, fair play the coco was ambitious lol ANYONE IN THE GLASGOW AREA AND SEE THIS THERES 50l COCO IF YOU WANT IT lol
Wondering why there's 2 timers but only 1 light myself.
Originally thought I’d run lights on 1 and fans on the other

My thoughts on fans, exhaust specific, use em to help regulate temps. I live in Florida, temp is big concern gonna use inkbird 308 to run fan, another to to turn on A/C if temps get where 4 inch fan can't drop em.

Right now it’s 45 degree Fahrenheit (7 celciius) on a good day here, I should be keeping heat in

Right now it’s 45 degree Fahrenheit (7 celciius) on a good day here, I should be keeping heat in

Recommend you watch Dr. Bugbee's video on maximizing cannabis yields. Granted, the video assumes that each environmental parameter is dialed in, but he lists the ideal temperature range as being between 78.8F-84F. Video.

Recommend you watch Dr. Bugbee's video on maximizing cannabis yields. Granted, the video assumes that each environmental parameter is dialed in, but he lists the ideal temperature range as being between 78.8F-84F. Video.
Super video, highly recommended. Bugbee has mileage in cultivation of cannabis, a lot of it. He knows what he is talking about.

My thoughts on fans, exhaust specific, use em to help regulate temps. I live in Florida, temp is big concern gonna use inkbird 308 to run fan, another to to turn on A/C if temps get where 4 inch fan can't drop em.
Yes, but today we were in the high 80s. Gotta be planning ahead for your specific situation.

@Awg52 :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

Controlling your environment is a learning experience and the only way to learn is to jump in. You will have a lot of it covered with what you have but shit will jump out for sure.

Understanding balanced nutrients is important regardless to the form. This might Help.

I hate the Paper Towel method of germination. Just plant the seed in the soil and water it.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

I run 18/6 for the lights. There is some good science behind it. You should already know from Bugbee.

Put a seed in some dirt lets grow some pot!
:growing:

Back