Pro mix from walmart

_~JAB~_

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Has anyone used this before? Its a product that is regularly available to me. Right now there are no good soils or mediums around me except miracle grow and i stay away from that. Would love some feedback. I did contact the company they said it has amendments in it enough for seedling stage for veggies so assuming its probably the same for autoflowers? I am making a switch from organic soil to peat will take any advice you can give me!
This is 80% peat, 20% coco coir. Will add some perlite as well in there if i use it.

Screenshot_20220703-145328.png

Screenshot_20220703-151434.png

I haven't used that one in particular, but based on the ingredients, it's pretty much Pro-Mix HP with less perlite and added coco. And Pro-Mix HP is a WICKED medium. This moisture mix would likely fare very well with balanced liquid nutrients and some added perlite.

I haven't used that one in particular, but based on the ingredients, it's pretty much Pro-Mix HP with less perlite and added coco. And Pro-Mix HP is a WICKED medium. This moisture mix would likely fare very well with balanced liquid nutrients and some added perlite.
I can also get one thats 75% peat and 25% perlite. Same amendments for seedlings. Would that be better you think? Im going from soil to pro mix so idk how much different to treat it. Using FF trio for now until i run out.

Has anyone used this before? Its a product that is regularly available to me. Right now there are no good soils or mediums around me except miracle grow and i stay away from that. Would love some feedback. I did contact the company they said it has amendments in it enough for seedling stage for veggies so assuming its probably the same for autoflowers? I am making a switch from organic soil to peat will take any advice you can give me!
This is 80% peat, 20% coco coir. Will add some perlite as well in there if i use it.

View attachment 1481352
View attachment 1481353
Yep, I’m using it now since I have to drive so far to get promix hp. I add some perlite…. Works just fine…. I grew this beast in it…
CEC85786-1967-4F9C-935C-D4D171779390.jpeg

Yep, I’m using it now since I have to drive so far to get promix hp. I add some perlite…. Works just fine…. I grew this beast in it…
View attachment 1481389
Shes a beauty. How did you treat the medium? Like is the watering and feeding different than in soil? Do you have to check ppms and whatnot like growing in coco? Finally found someone that has used the same stuff would be very grateful for as much info you can give me!

My strategy for Pro-Mix HP is to water to 10-20% runoff each time, typically every 48 hours or so or when the top of the medium goes light brown. Typically nutrients - plain water - plain water, repeat. Peat seems to hold onto nutes a bit so a couple of plain waterings in between is a good idea. I start nutes around day 7-10. Everything pH’ed to 6.3-6.4, and when nutrients were used, typically 600ppm or so by late veg to harvest, adjusted as required. And easy on the CalMag as the dolomite lime was typically adequate. I used GH Flora Trio. Never bothered checking runoff.

My strategy for Pro-Mix HP is to water to 10-20% runoff each time, typically every 48 hours or so or when the top of the medium goes light brown. Typically nutrients - plain water - plain water, repeat. Peat seems to hold onto nutes a bit so a couple of plain waterings in between is a good idea. I start nutes around day 7-10. Everything pH’ed to 6.3-6.4, and when nutrients were used, typically 600ppm or so by late veg to harvest, adjusted as required. And easy on the CalMag as the dolomite lime was typically adequate. I used GH Flora Trio. Never bothered checking runoff.
Ok not to much different than soil then. Ill have to keep an eye on ph through runoff or how do you do it?

ProMix HP is ph buffered so no need to ph water in. Within reason, I'm using it with well water @500ppm and ph ~7.5, Mega Crop one part, also buffered.

Not sure about the one you are looking at...

Cheers

Shes a beauty. How did you treat the medium? Like is the watering and feeding different than in soil? Do you have to check ppms and whatnot like growing in coco? Finally found someone that has used the same stuff would be very grateful for as much info you can give me!
I personally do not water to runoff, never really have. They get a gallon of megacrop (I’m in 5 gallon containers) as needed, I go off of the weight of the pot. I do treat seedlings differently of course. They get plain water until day 6 or so….then very light feed in increasing amounts, as needed of course until around day 15 or so….then increase strength from there. Yes, you’ll need to ph and be sure not to over feed them and all that… hope it helps, feel free to tag me with any more questions. :pass:

Back