No sign of the girls yet. Conditions in the space are good and I turned on one of the blue cobs 18/6 to welcome them when they emerge.

not-yet.jpg
ScreenHunter_159 Jan. 19 23.17.jpg

The first two Short Stuff Auto Amnesia CBD have been moved to their permanent homes. The Third has germinated along with two of the Magic's Bubba's Troubles. The Zambeza White Cheese not up yet. The Hugo rock wool cubes are soaked for 30 minutes in 50% strength nutrients (9g MC, 9g Cal-Mag Pro, 1.6g Kelp Extract/ 4.5 Gal. water) PHed to 5.5. A tablespoon of Mykos is watered in the hole and the A-Ok starter plugs are nestled in. The FloraFlex caps are added and a little piece of Orca Grow Film is used to prevent algae growth until the plant can shade it. These cubes are not watered again now for nine days to establish a good root structure.

tran1.jpg
tran2.jpg
Soak1.jpg
soak2.jpg

100% germination on the Short Stuff and Magic Strains. 0% on the Zambeza so far. Here are some more pictures of the germination process I use.

~ 1Tblsp. of Mykos is put in the hole of the Hugo and moistened with the 5.5 PH nutrient water:
germ4.jpg

The A-ok starter block with the sprout is lightly pressed into the hole:

germ3.jpg

The FloraFlex cap is installed:

germ2.jpg

Then the little piece of Orca Grow Film is installed to prevent light from getting to the rock wool. This prevents algae bloom. It is removed when the plant is big enough to shade the opening.

germ1.jpg

The plants are placed in the grow space and are not watered for ~ 9 days to promote root growth into the block.

all1.jpg

The girls are about a week old now and the heater has been pulled since the COBs are running at about 10 watts each for ~140W plus the two royal blue COBs for a total of ~250W in the space right now. every other day I will turn the watts up a bit. Not really much to see as the plants are working on the root system.

Group Shot:
ed1.jpg

Short Stuff Auto Amnesia CBD:

ed2.jpg

Magic Strains Bubba Trouble:

ed3.jpg

Well it has been six days since I updated; the two SS A CBDs got their first fertigation yesterday and the rest will follow tomorrow.

Group Shot:

f1.jpg

The Short Stuff Amnesia CBDs:
f8.jpg
f7.jpg
f4.jpg

The Magic Strains Bubba Trouble:

f3.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

Last edited:
Back