Sweet Seeds Sweet Zkittlez SoG in Rockwool cubes

Animatey

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was lucky and snagged a pack of Sweet Zkittlez. I'll be growing 4 of them start to finish in 6 inch rockwool cubes (Hugos) in a 2x2 tent.

I hit a small snag early on with accidentally over ferting the small 1.5 inch cubes, but they seem to have recovered OK and are currently in their final home: a 6 inch block of rockwool.

Im testing Cyco base nutes right now, and if they are pH stable, I'll probably go that route but ultimately nutes are TBD.

Here is the progress so far at about 15 days from sprout:

IMG_20200729_105943.jpg
IMG_20200729_110001.jpg
IMG_20200729_110903617.jpg
IMG_20200729_110854268.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in your gardens!

Cheers my friend,

Thanks for sharing your experience here with us ;)

Keep it up and sweet smokes,

tommy

Doing OK so far. A little behind due to some over watering and some under feeding.

Using larger cubes I should have watered less often at higher EC than in the smaller cubes I'm used to.

Overall they are doing fine and should be ready to flip to flower in 7-10 days.

IMG_20200805_123447.jpg
IMG_20200805_123500.jpg
IMG_20200805_123517.jpg
IMG_20200805_123531.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in your gardens!

Cool setup! What's the purpose of the plastic lids if I may ask? Never mind... Last picture shows it clearly :coffee2:

Last edited:
Cool setup! What's the purpose of the plastic lids if I may ask?

Hey bud,

The lids are Floraflex caps that are designed to prevent algae on top of the blocks, and also they can evenly distribute water across the block if not using pressure compensating drippers or hand watering.

I use them for algae and because they have these cool clips that connect the drippers to the cap that are easy to remove. So if I need to take a plant out of the tent, I can easily remove the drippers and take the plant out. Then the drippers just clip back on.

The caps and clips are well designed, I think they are a great product.

Thanks for stopping by!

Something rather terrible has happened... Stem rot has killed one plant and is apparent on the other 3.

It's possible the larger 2 will survive, but I'm not sure... Sorry @Sweet Seeds

Hopefully I can salvage the remainder of the grow.

I'm spraying h202 around the stem 2-3 times a day and increasing the amount of sterilization in the incoming water. I'm also letting them get really dry.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

IMG_20200812_141226.jpg
IMG_20200812_141212.jpg
IMG_20200812_141206.jpg
IMG_20200812_141202.jpg
IMG_20200811_154440.jpg
IMG_20200811_154410.jpg

Cheers Animatey!

Nice one, thanks for sharing. They are looking great and I hope that plant can recover. If not, hopefully the other 2 can fill the area and compensate for it in the end ;)

Keep it up and sweet smokes!

tommy

Cheers Animatey!

Nice one, thanks for sharing. They are looking great and I hope that plant can recover. If not, hopefully the other 2 can fill the area and compensate for it in the end ;)

Keep it up and sweet smokes!

tommy

Hey Tommy, real sorry to report that a third one toppled over and the fourth was showing signs of the same.

I've never had plants that appeared this healthy, that were this old, outright die like that.

Rather than watch the fourth plant also die slowly, I decided to cull it and clean out the space thoroughly with bleach.

I'm not sure what they had, but I couldn't stop it with h202. I think I had started treating it at the first sign I would have had a chance to fight it.

The first plant that fell over, I thought I'd dropped something on it, so I just propped it up and went about growing normally. If I had started taking measures right then and there, I probably could have saved at least the two bigger ones.

Overwatering the cubes in the second week must have invited something really nasty.

Anyways, I'm real sorry I didn't get a chance to do these genetics justice. I still have some other testers that I will run once I get my space sorted out.

Back