Sweet Seeds SweetSeeds Palooza: Trainwreck, Nurse CBD, Big Devil XL, Cream Caramel

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Hi Folks, this started as a modest effort to grow out another Trainwreck. Being that its one of my wife's favorites and that my last Trainwreck grow, harvested in mid-March, had a somewhat disappointing yield (just 69 grams), I figured that I better get busy and see if I could improve on my first Trainwreck grow, harvested last June 2017 - that one was about 150 grams.

Then, much to my surprise, I won the SweetSeeds photo contest and received packs of Nurse, Devil and Caramel. Seemed a shame not to give Trainwreck some companions and show some appreciation to the fine folks at Sweet Seeds. So now we've got a party going.

Then along came Harvest Gold Silica; I had volunteered to test out their soil amendment, so I needed a 2nd seed of the same strain - hence I'm running two Cream Caramels. Funny thing about the Caramels, they're being grown in 2 Liter soda bottles as participants in the 2 Liter Soda/Pop Bottle Fun Grow 2018. So there will be weekly updates in that thread. And, because its a Silica test, I'll be documenting the comparison of the grow in more detail in a dedicated thread of its own: Harvest Gold Silica trial test: Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel in a 2-Liter Soda Bottle.
23.2L Bottle plant l.JPG
23.2L Bottle plant i.JPG

So this thread will basically chronicle the exploits of Trainwreck, Nurse CBD and Big Devil XL,with just the occasional reference to the Cream Caramels.

Last edited:
Here's the setup for Palooza:

SEEDS & THEIR CONTAINERS

1 Trainwreck, dropped in RO water on May 1st, planted in a 15 Liter AutoPot (equipped with Airdome) on May 6th
1 Nurse CBD & 1 Big Devil XL, dropped in RO water on May 5th, planted in AirPots on May 14th
Nurse got the [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Airpot (9.2L) and Big Devil got [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] (12.5L)

LIGHT & AIR
:

Amare SolarECLIPSE SE450UVB light
4'x4' Gorilla Grow Tent
A CO2 bag (Fungal Mycelium)
Several fans to supply, circulate & remove air
Small tent-sized humidifier & dehumidifier, if needed

GROW MEDIUM:

AirPots and AutoPot all had the same media:
Roots Organic Original Soil Mix amended with worm casings, dolomite, azomite and BioTab's Silicium Flash.

NUTRITION PROGRAM:

Primarily MegaCrop, supplemented as needed with:
General Hydroponics: CALiMAGic
Mammoth-P: Bloom Booster
Real Growers: Recharge
Optic Foliar Spray & BioTabs Boom-Boom Spray

Last edited:
Germination method is the same for all:

First they spend 6-12 hours in a shot glass of reverse osmosis (RO) water, then they go into a damp paper towel in an airtight plastic zip-lock baggie, in an envelope for darkness and on top of a heat source (either my germination mat or the top of my router.

0.TW drop.jpg
small.jpg

If the seeds are viable, and these were, then I typically get a decent tap root in 2 to 4 days. At that point they go into a little starter-cube/plug until the cotyledons or true leaves appear.

4.Nurse-Devil (0).JPG

Once we get some true leaves, then I typically plant the starter plug right into the final pot, as seen here with Trainwreck on her "Day 6".

6.group.JPG

Here we are on May 15th with Trainwreck on Day 12 and the other two on their Day 7:

12.TW.jpg
12.AirPots (7).JPG

Last edited:
So here's how we're looking 12 days since the last photos. Lots of delightful growth from everyone; Trainwreck on day 24, and day 19 for Devil and Nurse. All three have been topped, Trainwreck has been topped twice. Feed is MegaCrop at 1 gram per liter. :biggrin:

24.TW.JPG
24.Devil Nurse (19).JPG

Hi my friend, thanks for sharing a new diary with our strains ;)
We hope you enjoy them!

Sweet smokes and good luck!
jaypp
Thanks Jay ... appreciate the well wishes, and of course the gift of the seeds. This is going to be lots of fun. And my wife & I are really looking forward to seeing what the Nurse CBD, Big Devil XL and Cream Caramel are all about. Also very happy with the strong growth I getting on the Trainwreck, maybe this one will be a run-away like my first. :woohoo:

Back