The 2022 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

@Waira , are things kicking off for the OD auto/photo comp on 4/20 ? Just trying to get a plan formulated…
:woohoo1:Yup, that's the plan!
BTW guys - @MasonJarOG @Growtogrow @Jean-O @Jpkindbud @Kyote .... and anybody else, I'm chatting with RotBlock/Phyter Bryan as usual for more G&S action with us OD folks this year- :greenthumb:... we can't call it "testing" anymore really, this stuff has already aced that part!
Most of you already know it's the real deal, those who haven't tried it yet I'm encouraging you to give it a try. There's plenty of details at their section here if you're curious about the organism and how it works.
I can nut-shell it here and say it's a very effective preventative, and "insurance policy" of sorts. They way it works is unique among such anti-fungal pathogen products; to date nothing else I've tried holds a fekkin' candle to it! Our major enemies are botrytis and WPM which it's effective against.
It's no panacea, not meant to magically cure a majorly hit plant, though it will certainly help. This I can attest to as well, the only reason a few plants made it at all was because it help beat back the worst of the infection that would have otherwise been a 100% loss...

If you're concerned about putting anything on your plant, keep this in mind: OD plants are already marinating in microbial life! Some of them the bad guys, make no mistake; mold/PM spores are ubiquitous and unavoidable...
What RotBlock does is inoculate the surface of the plant, even becoming endogenous into the surface tissue layer the same sort of way mycorrhizae do with roots. This is very effective in blocking access into the tissue by pathogens; it's crowding out and out-competing the others for space and resources. There is some evidence that Clonostachys rosea (the RotBlock organism) is capable of actively attacking botrytis, so it's not necessarily all passive defense.

The key is regular foliar treatment to inoculate new surfaces as the plant grows, continuing into bloom, counterintuative as it may sound. What happens is during early bloom, the buds grow around and eventually cover up portions of the buds, sealing it off from direct contact from the outside. Any spores laying about on the surface will also get "entombed" and this is exactly what pathogens love: dark, moist, no wind. That's what triggers the spores to activate (along with the right T's as a cue).... having Rotblock on those covered surfaces will help kick asses on emerging pathogens, inside and out of course. Surface infections are more easily treated, it's the deep tissue diving ones that travel along the vascular system into fresh territory that's the real bitch! And nothing reaches them that deep inside...

The product is very clean, little residue, minimal carrier/filler like some others have... it's nearly 100% organism! So, if the idea of coating your plants/buds in something bothers you, point is it's pointless to worry about that coz it's already happening, only with more bad players instead of protectors. I figure why give them the space when I can screw them out of it by using RotBlock!

Last edited:
:woohoo1:Yup, that's the plan!
BTW guys - @MasonJarOG @Growtogrow @Jean-O @Jpkindbud @Kyote .... and anybody else, I'm chatting with RotBlock/Phyter Bryan as usual for more G&S action with us OD folks this year- :greenthumb:... we can't call it "testing" anymore really, this stuff has already aced that part!
Most of you already know it's the real deal, those who haven't tried it yet I'm encouraging you to give it a try. There's plenty of details at their section here if you're curious about the organism and how it works.
I can nut-shell it here and say it's a very effective preventative, and "insurance policy" of sorts. They way it works is unique among such anti-fungal pathogen products; to date nothing else I've tried holds a fekkin' candle to it! Our major enemies are botrytis and WPM which it's effective against.
It's no panacea, not meant to magically cure a majorly hit plant, though it will certainly help. This I can attest to as well, the only reason a few plants made it at all was because it help beat back the worst of the infection that would have otherwise been a 100% loss...

If you're concerned about putting anything on your plant, keep this in mind: OD plants are already marinating in microbial life! Some of them the bad guys, make no mistake; mold/PM spores are ubiquitous and unavoidable...
What RotBlock does is inoculate the surface of the plant, even becoming endogenous into the surface tissue layer the same sort of way mycorrhizae do with roots. This is very effective in blocking access into the tissue by pathogens; it's crowding out and out-competing the others for space and resources. There is some evidence that Clonostachys rosea (the RotBlock organism) is capable of actively attacking botrytis, so it's not necessarily all passive defense.

The key is regular foliar treatment to inoculate new surfaces as the plant grows, continuing into bloom, counterintuative as it may sound. What happens is during early bloom, the buds grow around and eventually cover up portions of the buds, sealing it off from direct contact from the outside. Any spores laying about on the surface will also get "entombed" and this is exactly what pathogens love: dark, moist, no wind. That's what triggers the spores to activate (along with the right T's as a cue).... having Rotblock on those covered surfaces will help kick asses on emerging pathogens, inside and out of course. Surface infections are more easily treated, it's the deep tissue diving ones that travel along the vascular system into fresh territory that's the real bitch! And nothing reaches them that deep inside...

The product is very clean, little residue, no carrier/filler shit like some others have... it's basically 100% organism! So, if the idea of coating your plants/buds in something bothers you, point is it's pointless to worry about that coz it's already happening, only with more bad players instead of protectors. I figure why give them the space when I can screw them out of it by using RotBlock!
I’m interested in using it… just where do we get it?

Stand by guys, I believe Bryan wants to sponsor samples for some grow&show action! Since there's not a lot to see early on unless WPM hits, there's no need to post a bunch of updates... A few during veg is plenty, a few more during bloom which will feature basically freshly showered ladiez! :rofl: ...I'll expand on this after chatting with him...

Stand by guys, I believe Bryan wants to sponsor samples for some grow&show action! Since there's not a lot to see early on unless WPM hits, there's no need to post a bunch of updates... A few during veg is plenty, a few more during bloom which will feature basically freshly showered ladiez! :rofl: ...I'll expand on this after chatting with him...
I would be in on this, NNY’s humidity and rainfall in early to late flower hits hard on some plants.

I’m down either way.

Not sure I need to use rotblock in Southern California. But if my house situation stays the same I’d definitely like to get in on the outdoor comp if possible?

I'm definitely down to run another sample of the Rot Block its an amazing product!

Not sure I need to use rotblock in Southern California. But if my house situation stays the same I’d definitely like to get in on the outdoor comp if possible?
It doesn't officially start till 4-20 plenty of room for for everyone. Ive already got my photoperiods vegging and the comp rules are pretty chill so its a great time for fun in the sun growing! The Rot Block is a great product for outdoor grows especially in Michigan where I'm from.

Back