The AutoDuck Project!

South Syder

Quack Master!
Reaction score
Howdy,

Loved the look of Ducksfoot since I first saw it looong ago! Wanted an auto version. Stitch was offering an alleged auto version which I ordered direct from him. Grew two till they outgrew my diminutive tent -- they didn't auto! They were some serious Ducksfoot though, but not auto.

I do not wish to criticize Stitch -- we're all familiar with the crap that went down and it's all in the past; I hear he's trying to get his shit together and I sincerely hope he does. In fact, even with the mess he was putting out towards the end there, a few simple crosses have restored the auto trait and result in very good plants -- so props to the guy. His breeding is sound enough to withstand whatever bullshit was done to his strains because it's easily fixable. 'Nuff said about all that!!

Now, I hope -- with help from the experienced breeders on this site -- to tweak his ducksfoot back to auto condition (assuming they have the auto gene in there, which I don't really know for sure). I've cracked three of the five seeds I had left of his strain and will either by luck or sex reversal inbreed it to make seed. Dunno if these will auto, but that's the plan for the first step.

I understand it's a mammoth job and have enlisted the help of a buddy (he'll let me use some of his space if I need it to keep the project going). I understand some have tried to breed ducksfoot autos and failed -- and I may very well be among them in the end, but then, maybe I won't. I need help from you guys here at AFN. I'm happy to distribute beans from the first batch to anyone who seriously wants to get involved.

My ultimate wet dream strain would be an auto Dragon/Ducksfoot cross, a DragonDuck! But first things first, let's see if the genotype has any auto in it before we go adding a new gene pool.

Expressions of interest welcome people -- and all help appreciated! Will post photos of the seedlings in about a week when there'll be something to see.

Cheers.

Hi South Syder
Nice project but a long way. I am in to see your breeding show. Good luck and happy breeding.
cu tobe

I know, you know? :pass:But then, if most of us knew what the hell we were getting into before we jumped in, we wouldn't have done most of the shit we've gotten up to in our lives, LoL!

I'm so seriously hoping these things have the auto trait in there and I just gotta dig around a little bit to find it...
:digit: :watering: :doc3:

12 Day Ducks!

Howdy,

Ducksfoots are healthy and plugging away and nothing too impressive so far but this is exactly typical of the last pair I grew. They progress at a given pace, okay, but nothing like typical auto life-cycle traits...maybe I'm reading too much into it. Ca/Mg enriched bioponic nutes withe EC at 1.0 and pH at 6.0.

Duck #1
4-6-15.JPG

Duck #2
12 days.JPG

Duck #3
IMG_0689.JPG

First steps in what I expect will be an interesting journey...

Cheers.

19 Day Ducks!

Howdy,

Ducks are showing their style, nicely webbed, like the last pair I grew, and are healthy with nutes and pH same as before. Sure are serious ducksfoots though. Hoping they're autos, sure would make this caper easier, but if not, I'll start reducing photoperiod on 'em at around 40 days. I'll know by then because the last pair only showed gender around then and just refused to flower under 20/4. Time will tell.

Duck #1
11-6-15.JPG
19days.JPG

Duck #2
IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG

Duck #3
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG

Back in a week for the update.

Cheers.

26 Day Ducks!

Howdy,

The ducklings are shooting up and, like the last pair I grew, are Ca/Mg hogs! I tried to anticipate this but it still bit me. A few weeks and I'll have it sorted. EC at 1.8 and pH at 6.1. I'll have to surrender them to a buddy soon because I'm running out of room -- but I'll be steering this one so it should be all good. No gender expression yet, and I'm in total suspense to see something soon for the last pair showed late, and they didn't auto; maybe I'm totally wrong about this and it borders superstition but I figure the sooner they show the better the odds at autos...but then, maybe not.

Dudk #1
18-6-15.JPG
26days.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG

Duck #2
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG

Duck #3
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG

As I've said earlier, this Stitch Ducksfoot, auto or not, is serious ducksfoot! I just love those webbed-leaved little beauties. The last pair I ran only went till late in veg, and I cut 'em; I was so disgusted and disappointed they weren't autos. I had no idea how rare a thing that is. You know what they say: "If ya want something done, etc..." Never win if ya don't try, right?

Cheers.

Good luck man, can't wait to see you automatically succeed...... Kudos for trying....... You know it's possible, what with the auto-duck that is never allowed to leave home..... somewhere around here....... Would be awesome to have more than one duck auto-quacking around town........

Just holler when you hopefully need grow testers.

Back