Update Feeding Chart for AF?

My current feed schedule for Mega Crop:tonic:

I still start with 5 grams MC and 1 tsp Sweet Candy per 5 gallon. I increase grams per gallon after week 1 till I reach 4 grams per gallon , I'll give 1st BE around day 21 or so then dont resume till flower starts using 1/2 tsp per 5 gallon
I have also started using GL kelp in veg as foliar spray till 1st week of preflower then I feed say 1 quart MC 1 quart kelp. I really like the results seen on this current grow using kelp along with the MC.

Still to date I've had little or no issues at all using @Greenleaf Nutrients and have grown numerous strains all fed the same way, it's also helped grow a few BEAST :growing: to say the LEAST :LOLStoned:

Thanks @Dabber. I've been following your grows and trying to replicate in my own setup recently as I've run into lockouts and deficiencies in all mine so far. I've been trying the low strength approach of MC, starting at 1g/gal, introducing BE as soon as I've noticed pre-flowers, and of course 1g/gal SC throughout the grow. Currently I have a Double Grape and Hubbabubbasmellascope from Mephisto Genetics, both at about Day 35. My latest feeds have been 1g/gal SC, 2.5g/gal MC, and 0.25g/gal BE (feed every watering). They've been growing pretty well, though recently i'm seeing slightly yellow tips near the top. I've been wondering if I should be increasing my dosage but am a bit tentative due to those tips. But I wonder if I'm starting to get a bit of salt build up to cause the tip burn.

Additionally I have a shorter tent, and I had to switch out my 95W COB light for my HLG 135w QB288 (turned down to 80w for transition) because the Double grape grew so much that it was 6" away from the light. The QB has less clearance so now it's maybe 10" away, probably still too close and I may need to supercrop.

Does my approach and feed strength seem about right for the stage I am in? Also, I'll post a pic once I get back to my phone, would probably help to see them.

Thanks!

Thanks @Dabber. I've been following your grows and trying to replicate in my own setup recently as I've run into lockouts and deficiencies in all mine so far. I've been trying the low strength approach of MC, starting at 1g/gal, introducing BE as soon as I've noticed pre-flowers, and of course 1g/gal SC throughout the grow. Currently I have a Double Grape and Hubbabubbasmellascope from Mephisto Genetics, both at about Day 35. My latest feeds have been 1g/gal SC, 2.5g/gal MC, and 0.25g/gal BE (feed every watering). They've been growing pretty well, though recently i'm seeing slightly yellow tips near the top. I've been wondering if I should be increasing my dosage but am a bit tentative due to those tips. But I wonder if I'm starting to get a bit of salt build up to cause the tip burn.

Additionally I have a shorter tent, and I had to switch out my 95W COB light for my HLG 135w QB288 (turned down to 80w for transition) because the Double grape grew so much that it was 6" away from the light. The QB has less clearance so now it's maybe 10" away, probably still too close and I may need to supercrop.

Does my approach and feed strength seem about right for the stage I am in? Also, I'll post a pic once I get back to my phone, would probably help to see them.

Thanks!
:welcome: and :thanks: I mix 5 gallon at a time so I would be using 20 grams M C , 1 tsp SC and 1/2 tsp BE feeding typically 1 gallon per plant a day with 1/2 of that being GL kelp mixed @ 1/2 tsp per 5 gallon. I've found the kelp to be a big plus plants do tend to veg longer and even take longer to finish

Been thinking about getting a big bag of @Greenleaf Nutrients for the next run in the Autopots with coco.
Worked rather well for me, in spite of me, thanks much to all the help available here. Highly recommended combo, at least the way I did it with fabric pots and lots of perlite. I had dense healthy roots throughout the "flood zone" that commenters often worry about being too wet with Autopots, and I did not use hydroton or an air dome. Autopots are a really simple and effective way to handle irrigation. I expect that they will kick butt with any experienced grower who can read their plants.

:welcome: and :thanks: I mix 5 gallon at a time so I would be using 20 grams M C , 1 tsp SC and 1/2 tsp BE feeding typically 1 gallon per plant a day with 1/2 of that being GL kelp mixed @ 1/2 tsp per 5 gallon. I've found the kelp to be a big plus plants do tend to veg longer and even take longer to finish
Oh, so by week 5 you’d be at full strength at 4g/gallon then. I’m guessing that for your 5 gallon reservoir that 1 tsp is approximately the same as 1g/gallon, and BE would be 0.5g/ga if that’s true.

here’s the two I have going. Double grape on the right seems to be a bit darker green in colour. Also if you zoom you can see a bit of yellow tips on the top fan leaves.
Hubbabubbasmellascope on left, it’s 2 days younger than the DG

BB3AA81D-8C3C-45AC-8F0C-A3E0D07AE689.jpeg

Here’s another showing the top distance from the light
D8AB08EF-0BC7-4067-AC45-A2CA31962F31.jpeg

Oh, so by week 5 you’d be at full strength at 4g/gallon then. I’m guessing that for your 5 gallon reservoir that 1 tsp is approximately the same as 1g/gallon, and BE would be 0.5g/ga if that’s true.

here’s the two I have going. Double grape on the right seems to be a bit darker green in colour. Also if you zoom you can see a bit of yellow tips on the top fan leaves.
Hubbabubbasmellascope on left, it’s 2 days younger than the DG

View attachment 1158764
Here’s another showing the top distance from the light
View attachment 1158767
I hand feed

@Dabber I'm starting a new feed with MC.
Plants are in old seedling/early veg. (+- 3 weeks).
What would a good starting point be for EC with MC?
Been using GH @ about 700ppm w/ calmag...and still seeing some def'c with Calcium on the lower leaves spotting and rusting.
I'm growing in ProMix @ 6.3 PH.

Does using MC require a lower PH?
(photos of the root PH to follow).

@Dabber I'm starting a new feed with MC.
Plants are in old seedling/early veg. (+- 3 weeks).
What would a good starting point be for EC with MC?
Been using GH @ about 700ppm w/ calmag...and still seeing some def'c with Calcium on the lower leaves spotting and rusting.
I'm growing in ProMix @ 6.3 PH.

Does using MC require a lower PH?
(photos of the root PH to follow).
:shrug: I just weigh, mix and feed that EC, PPM stuff makes me :dizzy: :LOLStoned: since I grow in soil I dont ph anymore when I did 6.5 was always where I kept it

Sorry, just meant your mixing container. I also hand feed. Right now I’m at 2L every other day for each plant. By the time its ready the pot is quite light, but it’s not quite ready for daily feeds.

Based on the pictures, do you think I should be increasing my strength?

Back