Grow Mediums what do you think of this sort of soil mix?

Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering what you people think of this soil mix and if you have some tips in adjusting for this etc. So i realized that 50L bag of soil isnt going to be enough for my needs and because i have had bad experiences of too hot soil in the past and because i bought biobizz nutes, i decided to get 25L bag of seedling soil mix to mix to regular soil and thought id then supplement the possible lack of nutes in soil (due to seed mix soil added) with extra biobizz if needed. Or perhaps someone has just more basic info of canna terra soils.

I just got back into the hobby since long time and these super soil mixes are new to me, i just got looking more to it after i put the seeds in soil the other day. Next round ill most likely make some better(?) mix. In the past i only used market soil(that i noticed was better when mixing used soil to new rather than all new soil as it was so hot) and market veg nutes, bio bloom and some market seaweed extract. So there is a lot of new things and ideas in this grow game. Last time i grew, leds were something that nearly no one used for example xD

So the soil mix is 2/3rd of canna terra professional http://www.canna-uk.com/terra_professional and 1/3rd of canna terra seed mix http://www.canna-uk.com/terra_seedmix .

I couldnt find much info about the soils, except that seed mix has extra fine coco in it to retain moisture better and is light with the neutrients and that regular soil has a lot of nitrogen in it(which is why i was afraid it could burn seedling easily).

I put pure regular soil in the bottom like 1/3rd(on top of cley pebbles ofc), then bit over 1/3rd of mixture of regular and seedling soil and rest was mostly seed soil and some regular mixed in.

Any sort of tips or ramblings about the subject is welcome

Also should i start using root juice and bioheaven with first watering after plants appear on surface or wait a little longer?

Last edited:
If you have doubts and you cannot invest time into making your own soil mix stick to the canna soil and either place biobizz lightmix (or similar) on the top layer to sprout your seeds or use it to fill Coco biodegradable small pots and then transplant to the main pot with canna pro.
I personally buy a 50-80l cheap soil from local shops and I add dry pellet organic fertiliser for roses (NPK 5-7-12) and organic cal mag and a lighter mix (20l would do for many grows) for my small Coco pots where I keep my seedlings till transplant. Autos don't need many nutrients and dry fertilizers are slow release which is ideal for them.
Either way all you have to do is add plain water to your pots.

Last edited:
If you have doubts and you cannot invest time into making your own soil mix stick to the canna soil and either place biobizz lightmix (or similar) on the top layer to sprout your seeds or use it to fill Coco biodegradable small pots and then transplant to the main pot with canna pro.
I personally buy a 50-80l cheap soil from local shops and I add dry pellet organic fertiliser for roses (NPK 5-7-12) and organic cal mag and a lighter mix (20l would do for many grows) for my small Coco pots where I keep my seedlings till transplant. Autos don't need many nutrients and dry fertilizers are slow release which is ideal for them.
Either way all you have to do is add plain water to your pots.

Yea this is a bit old topic, i already grew one crop with the soil mix i asked about and now have new plants in biobizz coco/allmix 50/50 with FLO slow release fertilizer https://www.lamota.org/en/flo-organics/

Thanks anyways :)

Also a good choice. Soil gives you endless possibilities for quality crops, that other mediums can never offer. Wishing you happy new year and super buds for your plants.

Back