Dutch Passion Which Dutch Passion Auto Strain for Outdoors UK?

mr.mcgregor

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
which of your auto strain would be best suited to the uk summer outdoors directly in the ground or in a greenhouse in large pots?

have you done much selection for outdoor growing or has it mainly been concentrated on indoor growing?

thanks in advance :)

Tundra is an hybrid between an autoflowering Ruderalis/Indica and our outdoor champion Passion #1. We chose Passion #1 for it’s outstanding “outdoor” qualities: healty (pestresistant), strong and early flowering, soft smoke and superb taste. Spicy, lemon and grapefruit.Small bushy plants. Mild Up-High.
that looks a good 1 for a outside grow

I did read all the discriptions :p

They claim automazar did exceptionally good outdoors in Holland. I'd guess UK climate is quite similar to Holland's. Maybe a little more rainy though. My biggest trouble outdoors seems to be rodents and other animals, not the weather. I'm not in the UK, however I'd consider the climate I live in a lot worse for cannabis growing than yours. Yet there are strains that work up here. No record yields, but still some decent herb for your personal stash.

Now then McGregor.
Bearing in mind that you just need to pick a nice 10 week slot, say June 1st - Mid August. You are guaranteed the best weather the UK can offer. And even if the weather is poor you have the benefit of northern latitudes which means you can have sun from 4am until 9pm. So we would expect you could grow any of them with relative ease. A greenhouse, of course, would give you better protection, warmer conditions and perhaps better yields than a guerilla grow. Remember that any cannabis plant will repay you if you can get some compost in the grow site and maybe a bit of fish/blood/bone meal. Even in the UK I guess you could get 3-4 ounces if you get a good 10 week sunny slot and treat the plants well. We are hearing masses of interest in outdoor cropping auto's in 2012.

Instead of finding a site which is secure for a 6 month traditional outdoor grow you just need 10 weeks. And with any luck the auto will stay at a metre or below which will also help the stealth. So I think you should shoot for the strain with the most appealing genetic make-up for you. you can buy 3-packs so why not try to get 2 or 3 strains going and see how they perform in your environment.

I have grown out the Northern Lights origanal special (KCB), Purple #1 and Twilight from the Dutch Passion guys for almost a decade, and i can say from my experiences with these varieties that not only are they some of my favorites, but they are some of the most consistent genes i have encountered. They do exactly what it says in the discriptors - mold resistant, thrives in the Northern Hemisphere, vigorous, productive and beautiful product. I rely on these babies to pull the majority of my October crop in and sometimes i can leave them to go further - due to their intense purple appeal, some times the products comes out jet black smelling of winter berries! My friends call it space skunk lol.. This is perhaps due to the fact that the massive colas toward the end of september, resemble the shape of satalites.. I owe a lot to the DP crew for being truthful to their customers. They are reliable, yet reasonable people with a real sense of love for what they do..

Last edited by a moderator:
anything thats going to go over 1m? i want something with the potential to grow MASSIVE. my soil is organic and so fertile I only used a bottle of liquid seaweed last year, my tallest auto was 2.4 meters so high isnt a issue. im tempted to go with the auto mazar after seeing seymours yeild (which im extremly jelouse of!), which is why i was asking in the other thread about the country of the outdoor record. does the think different have the same frame as the mazar or is it a totaly seperate strain?

Have a go with the NL-Original Special (KCB) and the FarisianDew (DP) If you go green-house try their PowerPlant (DP) awesome yield but will finish around Nov in the southern parts of the uk. I'll leave some NL(OS) from KCB for you to trial this year and something else that i'm sure will satisfy your want for BIG ... After all this is David Attenbourgh you're speaking to..

Defo give them FarisianDew's from DP some consideration

Last edited by a moderator:
Im really after autos only, I have so many photoperiods here ive yet to try but im inlove with autos. in the same space i can grow a massive photoperiod I could plant loads of autos and have 2 big harvests from the same spot.

anything thats going to go over 1m? i want something with the potential to grow MASSIVE. my soil is organic and so fertile I only used a bottle of liquid seaweed last year, my tallest auto was 2.4 meters so high isnt a issue. im tempted to go with the auto mazar after seeing seymours yeild (which im extremly jelouse of!), which is why i was asking in the other thread about the country of the outdoor record. does the think different have the same frame as the mazar or is it a totaly seperate strain?

Hi McGregor. If it is yield you are after then i would say it may well have to be the AutoMazar. Having said that we have seen Think Different deliver heavily in our own tests. And Seymour looks like he will turn in a hefty yield with it too. But right now, and based on what we have seen over the last year you would be hard pushed to get a better proven yielder. If you want my honest opinion I would get a few of AutoMazar and some Think Different too. Think Different is a totally different genetic pedigree, she comes from an AK47 sativa-based hybrid called AK420. AutoMazar is an indica afghani, from our own Mazar stock.

Back