Sweet Seeds Yozhik's First Grow: Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel, Cream Mandarine, Devil Cream and Killer Kush

Here's the princess on the operating table, about to get the chop, for her final December BOM/POM portfolio shots.

Killer Kush 3

iAd1hM9.jpg

RxTGXF5.jpg

RqD4YFA.jpg
Hard to choose... I like the first pic myself but the third pic might get ya more votes. Awesome job with this beauty either way bro :d5:

Final Summary:

Wet Weights
Cream Caramel 1 ... ~ 525g
Cream Caramel 2 ... ~ 490g
Cream Caramel 3 ... ~ 485g
Cream Mandarine 2 ... ~ 480g
Devil Cream 1 ... ~ 215g
Devil Cream 3 ... ~ 330g
Killer Kush 1 ... ~ 250g
Killer Kush 2 ... ~ 325g
Killer Kush 3 ... ~ 400g
TOTAL ................ ~ 3,500g [~ 3.5 kg]
Average per plant ... ~ 390g
Anticipated dry Yield ... 25 to 30oz

Self Assessment
Mixed.
Both good and bad.

Positives:
  • The overall yield SHOULD be above initial goal of 2oz per plant, across the tent. If dry weight is 20% of wet, then it will nett ~ 25oz ... if dry weight is 25%, then it will nett ~ 30oz. Both weights exceed the personal goal of 20oz, so in that respect, it's a success.
  • Grow was pretty much stress free. Only setback were the two failed seeds at germination.
Negatives:
  • Didn't make the most of excellent strains and plants - e.g. Killer Kush 1 and Killer Kush 2 had a LOT more to give, but I ran out of time and ended up discarding about half of each plant. Had I had the time, I would have taken the tops I have harvested, and returned the rest of the plant back into an active tent to finish off for another week or two. Heartbreaking to throw good potential buds away, but time limitations meant I had to.
  • I also don't think I had the skills to get the best out of the Devil Creams. Excellent genetics - fuss free - caused zero problems. BUT ... I didn't add to the grow, and it was more the strain pulling me along, instead of me nurturing a beautiful strain.

Lessons Learned and 'Takeaways'

• Hand watering sucks. Enough said.
Could cutback on nutes. Save money and less complications re: nute burn.
  • Digital Temperature Controller was the 'smart buy' of the grow. Environmental control - in my opinion - was the key factor to a successful virgin grow.
  • Without the HPS lights, tent temperatures might have been a real problem; i.e. too cold. Once the lights were off, temps fell. makes me wonder about mid-winter temps with a switch to LEDs. Will I need more heating? That's the question already bouncing in my head.
  • Sweet seed strains are EXCELLENT. Cream Caramel is a BEAST. I pretty much overlooked it during the grow, but when it came to harvest time, the three plants were the top 3 yielders, with Cream Mandarine a close fourth. You can see why Sweet Seeds have Cream Caramel as the base strain for a large chunk of their catalogue.
  • My LST techniques need serious improvement. An OK first attempt, but when harvesting, I noticed a lot of lower buds that were still underdeveloped. That's a wasted opportunity that could have made an OK grow, a good one.

What Next?

Currently drying this grow.
  • Single layers of trimmed buds, in brown paper bags.
  • In the tent ... lights off ... dehumidifier on and stabilising the room at ~ 45%
  • Tent at 'room temperature' of ~ 20°C.
Have been told this humidity is to high, and the temps too low, and risks mold.
I haven't seen that confirmed as being a in the 'brown bag' thread.
Any comments or feedback?​

No grow for a few weeks. Not until the New Year, by which time I may have changed a few things after a review of this first grow, and a look at available budgets. My new LEDs are scheduled for delivery near the end of January. Excited!!

Current thinking is the tent will be another mix of strains, but whatever strains I choose, I can GUARANTEE that Sweet Seeds will be among them!

Here's the final tent pic:

3QGxVvi.jpg

The pessimist/realist in me has a bad feeling about this ...
Temp is ~ 19°C and humidity is ~ 45% RH.
That doesn't seem like good drying conditions to me.

Some of the large colas couldn't be broken down into 'golf ball sized buds'.
They were those compact, sticky variety that don't give up their nodes to anyone.

I fear all I have done is created the perfect environment for 3.5kgs of mould.

Do we have any seasoned growers with expertise in drying that could give some magi like advice?

EDIT
  • Circulating fan and air extraction are both ON - so there is air circulation in the room.
  • Tube Heaters on to raise temps to ~ 19°C ... without them the temps could get down to 15°C,
  • It's winter ... there is a lot of fog/mist outside ... grow room is in a basement ... so humidity IS going to be a natural factor anyway. Without dehumidifier it is 60+% RH easily.

Last edited:
Here's the final tent pic:

3QGxVvi.jpg

The pessimist/realist in me has a bad feeling about this ...
Temp is ~ 19°C and humidity is ~ 45% RH.
That doesn't seem like good drying conditions to me.

Some of the large colas couldn't be broken down into 'golf ball sized buds'.
They were those compact, sticky variety that don't give up their nodes to anyone.

I fear all I have done is created the perfect environment for 3.5kgs of mould.

Do we have any seasoned growers with expertise in drying that could give some magi like advice?
Yea can't speak for your method but I usually hang my trimmed buds upside down for a few days until they are fairly dry then throw them in brown bags for a few days until I feel they're ready for jars. Then I watch. I have a fan circulating lots of air in my drying closet. . Once they are feeling mostly dry I place them in jars with a boveda 62 packet and check regularly . After 5-15 days and they seem stabilized at a consistency and moisture level I'm happy with I store them and leave em alone until I need them.

Yea can't speak for your method but I usually hang my trimmed buds upside down for a few days until they are fairly dry then throw them in brown bags for a few days until I feel they're ready for jars. Then I watch. I have a fan circulating lots of air in my drying closet. . Once they are feeling mostly dry I place them in jars with a boveda 62 packet and check regularly . After 5-15 days and they seem stabilized at a consistency and moisture level I'm happy with I store them and leave em alone until I need them.
What size boveda pack @lilm00re14 ?
The smaller [6g?] or the larger [60g]?

Back