Sweet Seeds Yozhik's First Grow: Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel, Cream Mandarine, Devil Cream and Killer Kush

@Yozhik first grow you say? Really impressive growing brother and thats a really nice haul of buds!
:slap: Already looking forward to your next journal brother!

Regarding humidity and 45% being to high? That doesnt sound right to me. Your aiming to dry your buds down to about 62% i prefer slightly higher myself. The lower the humidity in your drying room the faster the buds will dry- its generally considered that the slower you can dry them the better the quality will be.
Its also said that when drying in bags allow 1 day for every 10% of humidity then add 1 day.
So your looking at 5 to 6 days in the bags. Longer for bigger buds

I normally put a hygrometer in one of the bags and once its around 65% i jar the buds with boveda packs and keep burping the jars until the humidity stabilises
With 45% room humidty and good airflow i dont see any risk of bud mold dude. Long as you havent jammed those bags full of bud. Happy drying and curing dude

@Yozhik first grow you say? Really impressive growing brother and thats a really nice haul of buds!
:slap: Already looking forward to your next journal brother!

Regarding humidity and 45% being to high? That doesnt sound right to me. Your aiming to dry your buds down to about 62% i prefer slightly higher myself. The lower the humidity in your drying room the faster the buds will dry- its generally considered that the slower you can dry them the better the quality will be.
Its also said that when drying in bags allow 1 day for every 10% of humidity then add 1 day.
So your looking at 5 to 6 days in the bags. Longer for bigger buds

I normally put a hygrometer in one of the bags and once its around 65% i jar the buds with boveda packs and keep burping the jars until the humidity stabilises
With 45% room humidty and good airflow i dont see any risk of bud mold dude. Long as you havent jammed those bags full of bud. Happy drying and curing dude

Thanks for the detailed response @sanguine ... it's very reassuring.

The bags aren't crammed at all.
After reading the 'drying in brown bags' thread, I was very anal about only having a SINGLE layer of buds in each bag.
Each bag has then had its top folded down twice, and then a clothes peg or similar to clamp the fold.
Maximum wet weight in each bag is ~ 100g.
Some have as little as half that.

Soooo ... dark tent.
Oscillating/circulating fan for constant airflow.
Single layer buds in brown bags.
Temps around 19ºC [+/- 2ºC].
Humidity around 48% RH [+/- 5%]

Yeah ... I guess it's an unhealthy dose of first grow paranoia coupled with a habitual self-doubt, and a generous pinch of pessimism.

final DRY weights:

Devil Cream 1 .......... 46g ........ [1.6oz]
Devil Cream 3 ........... 72g ....... [2.5oz]
Cream Mandarine ... 108g ....... [3.8oz]
Cream Caramel 1 .... 123g ....... [4.3oz]
Cream Caramel 2 .... 118g ........ [4.1oz]
Cream Caramel 3 .... 109g ........ [3.8oz]
Killer Kush 1 ............. 90g ........ [3.1oz]
Killer Kush 2 ........... 100g ........ [3.5oz]
Killer Kush 3 ............. 79g ........ [2.8oz]

... total of ~30oz. from the 9 plants - achieving my 2oz per plant target for this virgin grow.

Last edited:
Been away tending to life fer a spell, catching up on subbed threads.

This one has been a favorite since inception and now....... dayum, such a finish Yozhik!
Looking forward to smoke report on the dark Devil Cream.

Exceptional first grow buddy :d5:
Looks like the CC's were quite productive, those have been on my list to try for awhile now...

Got any more pics for us? ;)

Yeah @Hansbricks - that was one of the lessons for me too.
I can now see why the Cream Caramel is - pretty much - foundation DNA running through the Sweet Seeds catalogue.
Easy to grow. quick to deliver, and nice yield.
What more do you need?

Someone once said to me ... "everyone loves a good Cream Caramel" ... so it's going on my "do again" list of strains - definitely.

No more pics sorry.

I guess that means this First Journal is done.
Tent is empty, lights are off and The Girls are gone.

Thanks to everyone who checked in, came along for the journey and contributed!!
:bighug:

Only thing left to do is get my Sweet Seeds badge :frog:

Tempted to do a tent full of just Cream Caramel next grow.
It is such a giving strain, with zero complications, it would be nice to see what a whole tent can provide.
As 2016 is approaching, I'm thinking 16 x Cream Caramel in 4 x 4 Autopot systems, incl. airdomes.

Not sure ... will think on it ... food for thought.

Back