Sweet Seeds Yozhik's First Grow: Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel, Cream Mandarine, Devil Cream and Killer Kush

Tempted to do a tent full of just Cream Caramel next grow.
It is such a giving strain, with zero complications, it would be nice to see what a whole tent can provide.
As 2016 is approaching, I'm thinking 16 x Cream Caramel in 4 x 4 Autopot systems, incl. airdomes.

Not sure ... will think on it ... food for thought.
If you're getting 4 of the 4 pot systems I'd do a different stain with each reservoir personally... variety is the spice of life as they say ;)

If you're getting 4 of the 4 pot systems I'd do a different stain with each reservoir personally... variety is the spice of life as they say ;)
that's also my thinking for Grow #3

Grow 2 might have a LOT of changes already.
Hopefully will have a set of new LED lights.
+ Autopots
+ Airdomes

... so with all new learning curves for those changes, having a one strain grow, with something I know I can trust and grow, might be the easier route to take.

Still not settled, but I definitely want to give the Cream Caramel another go!

Just an aside ...

For those interested in the Brown Bag drying method ... it works.
All of the bud from this grow was placed into brown paper bags - single layer.
The tops of the bags were then folded twice, and held closed with a clothes peg.
The closed bags were then placed on a drying rack, which was then then hung in a dark tent and dried for ~6 days.
i.e. 1 day for each 10% of drying, + 1 day.

Independent reports have stated the bud was 'commercially perfect' and crispy.
In other words, the dry weight was true dry weight, with no excess moisture.

As seen in earlier posts, I was dubious and a little worried about potential rot.
I had no reason to be.
Will absolutely, definitely, be drying all future bud the same way, without hesitation or reservation.

The final piece to the puzzle ... 'Independent' Smoke Reports ... [i.e. third party opinion]

SeedBank : Sweet Seeds
Strain: Killer Kush
High/Effect Duration: A quick feeling of being indica stoned. Very relaxing and lasts about 2-3 hours.
BAG APPEAL: 9/10

THE SMELL: 8/10 ... Smell is a lovely earthy weed smell that is very old school and very pleasant.
THE SMOKE: 9/10
THE HIGH: 9/10
THE TASTE: 9/10 ... typical kush like taste: smooth, strong and rich with a potent effect.

Strain: Cream Caramel

High/Effect Duration: Slightly cerebral high quickly followed by heavy eyes and an indica couchlock effect.

THE SMELL: 8/10 ... Smell is a heavenly indica rich 'proper' cannabis smell.
THE SMOKE: 9/10
THE HIGH: 8/10
THE TASTE: 9/10 ... Taste is rich, full and potent and has quality throughout.

Strain: Cream Mandarine

High/Effect Duration: Slightly cerebral high quickly followed by heavy eyes and an indica couchlock effect.

THE SMELL: 8/10 ... Smell is typical of a good quality indica rich strain; you won't be disappointed.
THE SMOKE: 8/10
THE HIGH: 8/10
THE TASTE: 9/10 ... Again the taste is full and potent and the quality shines through.

Strain: Devil Cream
High/Effect Duration: Not that strong but offers the user a lovely smoke that won't waste you too much and allow you to get on with your day. Is still capable of giving a great stoned effect if you have a good fat one!
THE SMELL: 6/10 ... Smell is slightly unusual in that it isn't strong and has a mildly medical tinge to it.
THE SMOKE: 8/10
THE HIGH: 7/10
THE TASTE: 8/10 ... The taste is pleasant yet quite mild and also very good on the throat and lungs.

Nice report Yozhik :cool1:
Kinda surprised you didn't get any plants with the sweet citrus smells, their strains are pretty notorious for that... Guess you'll just have to grow out some more Sweet's ;)
Looking forward to your next adventure. :pass:

That citrus smell existed for a lot of the grow, but seemed to disappear in the very final stages.
It might ... might ... have returned with a longer cure.

final DRY weights:

Devil Cream 1 .......... 46g ........ [1.6oz]
Devil Cream 3 ........... 72g ....... [2.5oz]
Cream Mandarine ... 108g ....... [3.8oz]
Cream Caramel 1 .... 123g ....... [4.3oz]
Cream Caramel 2 .... 118g ........ [4.1oz]
Cream Caramel 3 .... 109g ........ [3.8oz]
Killer Kush 1 ............. 90g ........ [3.1oz]
Killer Kush 2 ........... 100g ........ [3.5oz]
Killer Kush 3 ............. 79g ........ [2.8oz]

... total of ~30oz. from the 9 plants - achieving my 2oz per plant target for this virgin grow.
Great Job on this grow Yozhik :thumbsup:

Back