:smoking: another "rare birth event"! full on twins, right outta the shell,.... Cool! ... This is all @Frogster 's fault- :rofl: Mate, we can keep posting follow up pics here if you like, just to track their progress for education's sake- :greenthumb:

Here is a little update on my twins - Pinky & Perky...

The twins (Pinky - the smaller one & Perky - the larger one) are still alive, but both are smaller than another THC Bomb I have growing alongside them.

Perky is starting to overshadow Pinky.

At day 11 (pic below), I tried to push the soil & stem of Pinky over a little to allow her more light, but the stem is very weak and she collapsed.
Plant 2 Day 11 B.jpg

I thought she was a gonna, but at Day 13 (pic below), she looked to be picking up a bit and showed her resilience.

Plant 2 Day 13 B.jpg

Day 15 (pics below), and she shows signs of recovering slightly more, but her sister "Perky" is now starting to take off and overshadow her even more.

Plant 2 Day 15 B.jpg

Plant 2 Day 15 A.jpg

I fear Pinky may not get enough light under the canopy... I will see if I can push Perky out of the way some, and dedicate another light just for Pinky.

Environment, is looking good, both taking feed & water via Autopots, Light 20/4

Pulse 15 th Feb.jpg

:pass:

Last edited:
:thumbsup: nice! I wish a real plant physiologist could chime in and tell us more about this dynamic between two plants with one shared root system, given all the feedback loops between them! I'm curious to know what's happening,.... Clearly so far one dominates, likely that started early on, "twins" are not formed equally in many cases. Now there's a tug-of-war between the resources, feedback hormones, etc.? I don't think the smaller one is "regarded" by the bigger one as simply a larger side branch, and the dominant hormone inputs are coming from the big plant, but time may start to balance this out,... It's well known (despite what the damn light companies barf up as "science based PAR" at us) that other color wavelengths of light play big roles in physiological responses, particularly green which can penetrate deeper through the layers of leaves/plants above them,... think seedlings on the jungle floor and what they have to grind through to get some stronger light! Green light is involved with this sort of response,... I'm thinking the shadowing may cause the little one to start stretching more to get out from under big sis',... once she does, she may catch up some-- :coffee:

An update on my "THC Bomb Auto" twin.

At day 48 the twins are still alive, and doing well.

The tent is more cramped than I planned it to be, with 6 plants growing in the space I would like for 4 plants.

But.... it is what it is.

They are just starting to flower and bud up, so fingers crossed, we can take her all the way with the others.

Standing about 3ft and not looking bad, sharing and relying on the feed, EC, PH, etc, as the other 5 plants on the same reservoir.

A little nute tip burn, but not so bad, considering

Plant 2 Day 48 A.jpg

Plant 2 Day 48 B.jpg

:pass:

@Waira

Back