SSSC Bob does SSSCSAA 2022!!! - Sweet Bourbon Kush Auto & Fat Pete's Cookies Auto

Bob
Can you tell us what ya use to do the time-lapse? It's cool, but could be a useful tool.
Yeah buddy, sure can do :thumbsup:
The pictures for the timelapse are made with a 4K action camera. There are thirteen in a dozen out there, but I'm using the YI 4K Action Camera. Another good alternative is the Keelead. Both can take 4000x3000 pixel pictures which gives you some extra zoom capacity in software afterwards. I set the camera to picture timelapse mode and set it to once every 5 minutes.
To process the pictures I use VSDC. It's a free video editing tool with more options then you would ever need, but it's Open Source ánd Free :coffee:
I used this tutorial below. but changed the values shown at 0:32 to (width) 4000, (height) 3000 and (framerate) 25. This last one can be upped to 60 if you want to show growth in the buds, but you would need more pictures.

What they don't show you in the tutorial is how to export it to an avi/mp4, but that's easy as pie. Just click on the tab 'Export project', select your 'output video format' and click on the red rocket. The output goes to your video folder (Windows) and you're almost done.
In the video folder right click on the video file. go to properties, details, remove properties and personal information. This will create a copy where all the info about you and your pc will be removed. Then rename the file and upload to your preferred video platform (vimeo, youtube, ...)

If you have any more questions...just ask ;)

Regards,

B:toke:

Hey guys/gals :toke:

Picture time...Let's begin with a before and after shot of the Bourbon Kush. I couldn't get myself over it to snip them off so I "tucked".
Before I tucked the two fan leaves under the netting...
Y0212720_small.jpg

...and after. Look at all those shoots that where lying beneath those two leaves. :woohoo1:
Y0212723_small.jpg

The pictures above where taken by the action camera. These ones with my smartphone.
Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush - day 21
20220103_201912_small.jpg

Fat Pete's Cookies - day 21
20220103_201920_small.jpg

And as promised a zoomed timelapse from Fat Pete.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Yeah buddy, sure can do :thumbsup:
The pictures for the timelapse are made with a 4K action camera. There are thirteen in a dozen out there, but I'm using the YI 4K Action Camera. Another good alternative is the Keelead. Both can take 4000x3000 pixel pictures which gives you some extra zoom capacity in software afterwards. I set the camera to picture timelapse mode and set it to once every 5 minutes.
To process the pictures I use VSDC. It's a free video editing tool with more options then you would ever need, but it's Open Source ánd Free :coffee:
I used this tutorial below. but changed the values shown at 0:32 to (width) 4000, (height) 3000 and (framerate) 25. This last one can be upped to 60 if you want to show growth in the buds, but you would need more pictures.

What they don't show you in the tutorial is how to export it to an avi/mp4, but that's easy as pie. Just click on the tab 'Export project', select your 'output video format' and click on the red rocket. The output goes to your video folder (Windows) and you're almost done.
In the video folder right click on the video file. go to properties, details, remove properties and personal information. This will create a copy where all the info about you and your pc will be removed. Then rename the file and upload to your preferred video platform (vimeo, youtube, ...)

If you have any more questions...just ask ;)

Regards,

B:toke:

Thanks Much! I'll look in to it. It's cool, but it can be a useful tool.

Sex
That tent's going to be a proper jungle.
Let's hope so :cheers:

Thanks Much! I'll look in to it. It's cool, but it can be a useful tool.
You're welcome buddy :toke:

So, long story short...I fell asleep yesterday. You want the long story? Find it here :crying:
The Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush is loving her stay inside the tent. Several side nodes have pushed through the canopy and will shortly be pushed under the trellis.
20220104_204836_small.jpg

I took Fat Pete's out of her corner to get a better look at her...
20220104_204944_small.jpg

...I counted five nodes so...
20220104_204958_small.jpg

I though off @Vapo and snipped the top off.
20220104_205101_small.jpg

She has very dark leaves and is probably a very light feeder. I think I shall have to water down her drink a bit as there are light tips emerging. And we all know how fast we have to react to solocup problems :coffee2:
20220104_205126_small.jpg

Regards,

Hey growers,

I've opened up the Bourbon Kush's canopy under the netting. Side shoots are popping up like crazy. I surely hope I can keep her as nice as she is right now.
The potential for this plant is surely there so if you see me doing something stupid, just let me know. I want to do right by her :thanks:
Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush - day 23
20220105_205034_small.jpg

I put Fat Pete on a diet and diluted her drink to about half of what the rest are receiving. Adjusted the pH back to 5.95. The lower pH should keep Nitrogen easily available and since my pH creeps up by the next day it should still be in perfect range until the next drink.
Fat Pete's Cookies - day 23
20220105_205042_small.jpg

Again a zoomed in timelapse from my beautiful Bourbon Kush ♥ ♥ ♥

Regards,

Howdy folks :shooty:

I'm very happy with my Bourbon Kush. She's growing like a MF'er and accepts LST like a naughty girl :naughtystep:
Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush - day 23
20220107_184131_small.jpg

Here's a timelapse from the last 24 hours. Growth is amazing on this one. Will soon have to make room by completely harvesting the Amnesia next to her.

Let's not forget this (little) one. She's the least of my worries right now. Just keeps on truckin' :shooty::baby:
Fat Pete's Cookies - day 25
20220107_184136_small.jpg

Regards,

Hey everyone :toke:

For those of you that didn't already know...I forgot to water my plants Saturday evening and...well... :face:
They looked very sad to say the least. But luckily after giving them a good drink the recovered just fine :d5:
Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush - day 28
20220110_075001_small.jpg

Especially Fat Pete's has recovered remarkably seeing she fell over, but is now showing beginning signs of overfeeding. I'll dilute her drink tonight and bring it back to 300ppm or 600µS/cm :eyebrows:
Fat Pete's Cookies - day 28
20220110_075005_small.jpg

For those of you wanting a peek at the zoomed in 'horror show'...here you go :gassy:

The Bourbon Kush and the other 'older' ladies weren't that much affected as their medium was still feeling moist. But you can see she would have preferred to get her drink a wee bit faster :shrug:

Regards,

Bob:toke:

Back