So, I'm new to this too. I have similar goals as you. I was down to five regular CMD F5 seeds. I drowned two in rockwool cubes but the other three lived. I tried direct sowing into a final pot by using a rockwool cube in the center of the pot. It works for some people but not to good for me. I put two males in a tent with the last female I had and said a prayer. It worked and now I have over 100 seeds of varying quality. Are these now CMD F-6? if so, I have a bunch a breeding questions.
I love the Blackstrap and I'm growing Witchers Creek which are both created from CMD I think.
OH YEA! I almost forgot. Dan Jimmie made a Shango los. appearance and cleared up a few things about Anvil and CMD and maybe future regular seed release comming soon.
@FullMoonparty thats great that you got enough seed to work with. It can be tricky figuring out what a plant wants early in its lifecycle, what I’ve found is the simplest approach is usually the best. Are you transferring your rockwool cubes into coco or a hydroponic system?

Yes! You are correct. You have a nice batch of CMD F6 seed. If you continue to inbreed two of those F6 seeds together you will get F7 seeds and so on. You are breeding down a filial line and that is what the F stands for. The number denotes the generation. :wiz:

I can try and answer any questions that you have, just know that I am new to breeding and while I’ve done a lot of research, this is the first bit of experience I am getting with it.

type of light in tent ?
@HAWKMAN its a forever green indoors square2. 200W dimmable led. I’ve seen 3 or 4 different companies selling this exact style of light. FGI also makes a square3 if I remember correctly
IMG_1456.jpeg

IMG_1457.jpeg

OH YEA! I almost forgot. Dan Jimmie made a Shango los. appearance and cleared up a few things about Anvil and CMD and maybe future regular seed release comming soon.
@FullMoonparty I did watch that video too! There wasn’t too much new information there for me as I did a search through FD’s posts and pieced together most of coal miners daughters lineage. I will say, in that process I became very curious about @Mossy ’s black dragon. If that ever becomes available again it is at the top of my wish list. 🐉

@Bob's Auto's it’s just a cedar box with a monofilament screen in the center to sift the flowers. Like a dry sift screen for hash, but since it’s in a box I can keep everything more contained.
Cool! Might have to get me one. Is it easy to clean out? With water for example... I can imagine myself having a couple of pollen get stuck in a nook or cranny and mix with the next batch...

@HAWKMAN its a forever green indoors square2. 200W dimmable led. I’ve seen 3 or 4 different companies selling this exact style of light. FGI also makes a square3 if I remember correctlyView attachment 1627800
View attachment 1627804
Yea ! Infinity Tents has a light like that also -- believe these might work better than Led bars -- are they expensive ? running QB's at present thinking of Infinity Tent systems

Cool! Might have to get me one. Is it easy to clean out? With water for example... I can imagine myself having a couple of pollen get stuck in a nook or cranny and mix with the next batch...
@Bob's Auto's super easy to clean. I wipe it all out with a damp paper towel and run a little compressed air through the screen. I’m not sure on the microscopic level how clean it is but it’s made pollen collecting easier for me.

Yea ! Infinity Tents has a light like that also -- believe these might work better than Led bars -- are they expensive ? running QB's at present thinking of Infinity Tent systems
@HAWKMAN I really like the lights ac infinity has put out recently and since all my other gear is theirs it would incorporate well. I’ve had this light for almost 3 years now and have loved it the whole time. I have an ac infinity outlet adapter that plugs into my controller so it’s all automated on the same controller. I think I spent $300 or so on the light? I emailed the company about a par map before I bought it so I knew exactly what the coverage and intensity looked like. If I had a bigger tent I would have went with the square3.

If that ever becomes available again it is at the top of my wish list. 🐉

@Curranabis ..... :pass: .....If you crossed CMD to Itself.......gave yourself a decent little Test patch....you could Probably pull Black Dragon 95% Pure outta what you already have.........:dragon2:

CMD is only ALF#5... Black Dragon is ALF#4....it Should be a reasonably easy Pick Up coz it is still Floating on the surface.....:pass:

CMD is only ALF#5... Black Dragon is ALF#4....it Should be a reasonably easy Pick Up coz it is still Floating on the surface.....:pass:
@Mossy i never really thought about it that way but you have a very good point! Maybe my sporadic over-pollination of my CMD gals was a good choice 🤔
I’ll be sure to be looking for it when I open up the seeds from this run. :d5:

Back