Today marks day 62. Both plants have started to fatten up nicely and are beginning to start their fade. The taller plant’s (#2) lowest fan leaves have yellowed and dropped, while the shorter bushier one (#1) has just started yellowing her fans.

#1 has started turning a magenta purple at the tips of her calyx’s. She has less odor than #2 and smells sweet and almost has a… dill aroma? :shrug:
IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1467.jpeg

#2 has started turning a black purple at the tips of her calyx’s. She is very stinky, smells of burnt petrol and chlorine.:gassy1:
IMG_1460.jpeg

IMG_1468.jpeg

Great to see so many AFN members picking up where the ol' garde left off. :drunks::stir: CMD has been a valuable cultivar for many a reason, so I count myself lucky to be among those who can marvel in it's beauty and enjoy it's beneficial properties :smoker1:
Even though I'm already running a second generation backcross, away from the CMD and these resulting offspring will most likely go more into the direction of said cultivar, I did make use of the fact that all of the offspring will be regulars. Also in the F1, the buds where nice 'n tight and covered in trichomes. 🥴

All of the above mentioned, are mandatory in a specimen before being considered becoming a genetic donor. Finding these in a male is a bit trickier of course, but if you watch your plants from early on you can put plants with similar trades together and then after sexing pick out the male with the most similarities. The larger your grow space and therefor the more plants you can grow, the easier it'll be to find that one special gem. It's a numbers game 🎲

Anyway, keep up the good work you guys :thumbsup:

Maybe my sporadic over-pollination of my CMD gals was a good choice 🤔

I'm Supersticious.......with plants....and I Always find that your Best crosses have a way of making themselves........ :yeah: ...

i never really thought about it that way but you have a very good point!

Well Most people Think about moving a cross on by outcrossing...Most Don't Think about striping it down to it's component parts and Raiding the Goodies already In there.......:biggrin:....

Tight Fisted gardener thing......:biggrin:....if I buy a plant that is built of 3 crosses......as long as I know some Unique Identifying Traits from each Parent....I can Pull all 3 back out...with good purity....so I get 4 for the price of one.........:watering:..with a bit of work.....

Maily Homework....to pick up Unique Traits.....

I have had my ALF#6 on the patio all season.....they have to be 40 GENERATIONS on from Original JEM ....but...I can still pick her out in the selections I have available.....:pass:....

lowest fan leaves have yellowed and dropped, while the shorter bushier one (#1) has just started yellowing her fans.

I don't Know the cross FD added...:pass:...but up to Black Dragon....any offspring that yellowed were classed as JEM Dominant...coz JEM were reknown as cal/mag hounds......

Wow! i'm learning so much, thanks everyone.
I think my new approach to growing is about to change. I bet it will be much easier to learn about how autoflowers behave if I stick to one cultivar. In my case the CMD. I know what the few crosses made with CMD that I've grown look like and behave. If I keep changing the gentics with each grow I'll never know exactly what I'm doing right or wrong. I love the way the "witcher's creek" is turning out. I had no problems germinating and getting them off to a great start. By day 45 I was beding the tops of two of the three. The twin plants have side branches that grew up evenly to almost meet the main stalk. The third plant is definitely a different expression with a thick main stalk and thick side branches. It reminds me of the CMD structure I got most of the time.
I think that if I stick with one or two cultivars I can come up with a plant that grows well in an autopot my way, with little to no fuss.

Well Most people Think about moving a cross on by outcrossing...Most Don't Think about striping it down to it's component parts and Raiding the Goodies already In there.......:biggrin:....

Tight Fisted gardener thing......:biggrin:....if I buy a plant that is built of 3 crosses......as long as I know some Unique Identifying Traits from each Parent....I can Pull all 3 back out...with good purity....so I get 4 for the price of one.........:watering:..with a bit of work.....

Maily Homework....to pick up Unique Traits.....

I have had my ALF#6 on the patio all season.....they have to be 40 GENERATIONS on from Original JEM ....but...I can still pick her out in the selections I have available.....:pass:....
@Mossy Yep! That’s me hahah. I was thinking outward and not paying attention to what is already inside. I still have a lot of learning to do, but I love getting my hands dirty, so it will be a fun process.

I don't Know the cross FD added...:pass:...but up to Black Dragon....any offspring that yellowed were classed as JEM Dominant...coz JEM were reknown as cal/mag hounds......
good to know, I definitely have one yellowing hard. From what I’ve read I’m pretty sure FD added bubba to ALF #4, which I haven’t grown myself either so not too familiar. The next couple years is going to be CMD and myself getting to know each other :pighug:

Wow! i'm learning so much, thanks everyone.
I think my new approach to growing is about to change. I bet it will be much easier to learn about how autoflowers behave if I stick to one cultivar. In my case the CMD. I know what the few crosses made with CMD that I've grown look like and behave. If I keep changing the gentics with each grow I'll never know exactly what I'm doing right or wrong. I love the way the "witcher's creek" is turning out. I had no problems germinating and getting them off to a great start. By day 45 I was beding the tops of two of the three. The twin plants have side branches that grew up evenly to almost meet the main stalk. The third plant is definitely a different expression with a thick main stalk and thick side branches. It reminds me of the CMD structure I got most of the time.
I think that if I stick with one or two cultivars I can come up with a plant that grows well in an autopot my way, with little to no fuss.
@FullMoonparty this is going to be my approach to the next couple years as well. I really want to get to know CMD and all her expressions so I’m going to focus on her.

@FullMoonparty this is going to be my approach to the next couple years as well. I really want to get to know CMD and all her expressions so I’m going to focus on her.
That's great. We can swap notes from time to time. I'm looking forward to seeing different styles of growing/breeding. My first plan was to use CMD pollen to make more Blackstrap using a BS female. I found out that the Moth Man I started, which is just popping up today, is already that. It will be cool to see if I get the same Moth Man from my CMD pollen.

That's great. We can swap notes from time to time. I'm looking forward to seeing different styles of growing/breeding. My first plan was to use CMD pollen to make more Blackstrap using a BS female. I found out that the Moth Man I started, which is just popping up today, is already that. It will be cool to see if I get the same Moth Man from my CMD pollen.
and pollonate a branch or two of Moth Man with CMD.

@FullMoonparty definitely down to swap notes! anything to help the cause! Ill be finishing up this grow soon. both plants have started dropping mature seeds from their "armpits" so another week or two and the seed in the buds should be mature. My plan is to germinate some of these seeds around the end of October. I'm going to drop my pot size to coffee cans or solo cups and run more of a selection to get a better idea of what all is inside. Also going to try my hand at just pollinating one or two branches so I can get few sensi nugs for smoke comparison.

I look forward to seeing how your blackstrap x cmd crosses compare to mothman! I havent grown out any of Gnomes other work so it will be fun to see what you do with your crosses!

Back