Harvest & Curing Cob curing Malawi style

Tengwena, my dude..:bighug:have some dap rep.

The description of the day-long(ish) smoke free high…This Cob cured deal is quite possibly the missing ’ingredient’ to my consumption needs.

my thoughts are racing so fast its like im trying to catch up to the Millennium Falcon on the Kessel run..

but my first question now is: How many grams so you cure at a time? Follwed by: What is the smallest amount you would cure in this method? (Prob subjective but still) A cpl of those pics looks like at least a zip cured up for one Cob…

Thanks a ton for the detailed replies.

Tengwena, my dude..:bighug:have some dap rep.

The description of the day-long(ish) smoke free high…This Cob cured deal is quite possibly the missing ’ingredient’ to my consumption needs.

my thoughts are racing so fast its like im trying to catch up to the Millennium Falcon on the Kessel run..

but my first question now is: How many grams so you cure at a time? Follwed by: What is the smallest amount you would cure in this method? (Prob subjective but still) A cpl of those pics looks like at least a zip cured up for one Cob…

Thanks a ton for the detailed replies.
Its best with an ounce or two but can be done with less.
The main concern with smaller batches is that they are gone too quickly once you try them.
Easy way is chuck whatever you can spare into a vacuum bag loose. We call it canary style after the canaries that used to be used in coal mines to detect gases.
You can observe the color changes through the plastic without having to open the bag all the time.
Just look for the color change as shown in the pics I posted.
BUT remember you only get out what you put in.
I only use my best buds.

Well, my 2 turds are out of the bags to fully dry. I have them sitting in a paper bag next to AC unit but not being blown directly on . Should be nice and stable 74 degrees and about 45 RH
They still smell quite excellent!:headbang: Those sparkles are so damn pretty!!!!!
I think they'll be ready by Christmas time,at least for one of them.
I'm real eager to see how this process affects Vidamints with it being a 50/50 THC/CBD girl.
IMG_20230725_151222288.jpg

Lol fwiw @WildBill I thought it looked like two Mr. Hankeys in that brown bag pic:crying:
please report back on the cbd one!

Well, this is from July 3rd of last year.
Vidamints and RootBeerFloat
They have been....................
Sweated
Fermented
Dried

Curing for six months

img_20230703_160548456-jpg.1610550

Tonight I will test
RootBeerFloat.

I think my first Test will be ingesting orally. To see if the cobbing actually did his intended purpose and decarbed the cannabis, this will be the best method to see if the cobbing actually worked.
So I'm gonna just wing the test. I don't know how much to actually take, but it's gonna be a nice little hunk!
:eyebrows:

I guess for scientific purposes, I'll go ahead and break my scale out to measure how much I take.View attachment 1665200
Don't mind the color, it's much darker than that.
That was my attempt at catching some of the sparkly parts!
All those little white parts are sparkles!

So I have already started with the test. I just did a one gram chunk.
As far as the texture goes, I guess it's kinda like that fake jerky made from plants. I'm kinda just chewing on it a bit and sucking the juices. Maybe kind of like a chew of tobacco.
You know it's cannabis, but the taste is not really offensive at all. I like to taste of cannabis.
I guess we'll see in a while!
It may be psychosomatic or it might actually be working as sublingual, but I can feel a 'touch' right now.

This was my update I posted yesterday in LS.
I can definitely call this cobbing experiment quite the success!
The material was definitely decarbed!
I'd say that my dose probably would need to be halved of what I took. I was pretty high for quite a considerable amount of time! The high was definitely different than your normal edible. Now that very well could be because of the strain I used, but my impression is that it's not strain related.
I guess you could say there was a sort of euphoric element mixed in there.
I'll test the Vidamints later this afternoon after my physical therapy session. I kind of wish I knew the effect now so I can have the pain relief of Vidamints.

So you say that this stuff can be vaped also?
I think the best device that I have for that would be the HerbalAire. Think I'll measure out a good portion and kind of chop it up with my razor blade.
I'm definitely happy with the result! It's definitely a unique way of utilizing cannabis and quite effective.​

Back