Outdoor Crow's GG at 56ºN

@Sawney_bean cheers mate, aye it's hard graft but kinda fun too. Wading through brambles, nettles, reeds, ducking for cover if you hear someone approaching, messing about in the mud. Any excuse to wear camo gear! :crying:

Speaking of which, rather than watch a certain much publicised event, I'll do some much needed plot prep. If it rains so much the better, fewer potential witnesses... ;)

That's the autos, semi-autos and earlier all potted up. I split them between the veg cab and a small tent. Another few photos broke the soil today, they're all in the small tent now. I'll update with some pics once they've all grown a wee bit.

So today I waded through brambles and nettles, scrambled down a steep slope, more brambles and nettles and bushes. All in the pouring rain, carrying a big coco block, water to rehydrate it, chicken wire, and some smaller tools. The idea was to dig over the two main plots, and maybe start a third, fence them off, and then they'd be ready to plant out next visit.

Upon arriving, I noticed a really well defined path through the undergrowth. Bear in mind it's been a month since I was last there, and I tried hard not to leave a trail. So I started getting worried. Dropped some chicken wire off at an unfinished plot and went to fetch the spade and fork I left hidden under a bush last visit. They were gone. Fuck. I went to the plot I dug over last visit, and a huge hole had been dug in it. Presumably by my spade, as the bin bag I had wrapped the metal parts of the tools in was there lying on top.

So, the plot is seriously compromised. Maybe somebody saw me digging last time, waited until I was gone, and went to investigate. Possibly they thought I had buried something? Or maybe they just stumbled on the plot. I dumped the water, and left immediately. Took a pic before going. You can maybe make out the hole. The coco wrapper in the middle was under a layer of soil, I had left it as an improvised mulch.

large.IMG_20230506_190435_460.jpeg.c043b44203afeb694c989f1d325c1303.jpeg

As I was leaving the area and heading up a nearby street, I spotted a man standing at an upstairs window staring right at me. Maybe it was him that did it. Anyway, can't use that plot now.

I'm seriously pissed off, but also philosophical. Just the way things go sometimes. I'm down a spade and fork, and the coco I left in an old bucket last time. It's a shame because the soil is really good at that site. It could have been worse, at least I hadn't planted anything. Also even if someone saw me at the plot, they don't know who I am because I always wear a face covering at the plots, and on the way in and out.

But now I have a problem. I've got seedlings growing under lights, they really should be planted out in a couple of weeks or so. The photos can wait no problem, but the autos, semi-autos, and earlies should go out before the end of the month ideally. One difficulty is, I'm really busy at work just now, don't have a lot of time to scout for new plots.

I might go back to another site I recced last year, an old railway siding. However I have a feeling the soil might be crap, or full of stone chipping under the top layer. So might need to use containers there. I can't really expand the current railway line plot much as I don't want it to be too conspicuous. But maybe there'll be somewhere in a different part of the same line I can use. I did scout out some other areas about a mile further along the line last year, so could try there.

Reckon I will try to make smaller plots, dotted around. Bit of a pain, but if some are discovered at least I won't lose too much. Also might have to expand my "plant and forget" activities over the summer, having now lost my biggest plots.

Ah well. I'm taking this as a sign to not get too complacent, and keep my wits about me even more than I already do...

Last edited:
So today I waded through brambles and nettles, scrambled down a steep slope, more brambles and nettles and bushes. All in the pouring rain, carrying a big coco block, water to rehydrate it, chicken wire, and some smaller tools. The idea was to dig over the two main plots, and maybe start a third, fence them off, and then they'd be ready to plant out next visit.

Upon arriving, I noticed a really well defined path through the undergrowth. Bear in mind it's been a month since I was last there, and I tried hard not to leave a trail. So I started getting worried. Dropped some chicken wire off at an unfinished plot and went to fetch the spade and fork I left hidden under a bush last visit. They were gone. Fuck. I went to the plot I dug over last visit, and a huge hole had been dug in it. Presumably by my spade, as the bin bag I had wrapped the metal parts of the tools in was there lying on top.

So, the plot is seriously compromised. Maybe somebody saw me digging last time, waited until I was gone, and went to investigate. Possibly they thought I had buried something? Or maybe they just stumbled on the plot. I dumped the water, and left immediately. Took a pic before going. You can maybe make out the hole. The coco wrapper in the middle was under a layer of soil, I had left it as an improvised mulch.

View attachment 1590893

As I was leaving the area and heading up a nearby street, I spotted a man standing at an upstairs window staring right at me. Maybe it was him that did it. Anyway, can't use that plot now.

I'm seriously pissed off, but also philosophical. Just the way things go sometimes. I'm down a spade and fork, and the coco I left in an old bucket last time. It's a shame because the soil is really good at that site. It could have been worse, at least I hadn't planted anything. Also even if someone saw me at the plot, they don't know who I am because I always wear a face covering at the plots, and on the way in and out.

But now I have a problem. I've got seedlings growing under lights, they really should be planted out in a couple of weeks or so. The photos can wait no problem, but the autos, semi-autos, and earlies should go out before the end of the month ideally. One difficulty is, I'm really busy at work just now, don't have a lot of time to scout for new plots.

I might go back to another site I reccied last year, an old railway siding. However I have a feeling the soil might be crap, or full of stone chipping under the top layer. So might need to use containers there. I can't really expand the current railway line plot much as I don't want it to be too conspicuous. But maybe there'll be somewhere in a different part of the same line I can use. I did scout out some other areas about a mile further along the line last year, so could try there.

Reckon I will try to make smaller plots, dotted around. Bit of a pain, but if some are discovered at least I won't lose too much. Also might have to expand my "plant and forget" activities over the summer, having now lost my biggest plots.

Ah well. I'm taking this as a sign to not get too complacent, and keep my wits about me even more than I already do...
That's a shame mate .I hope you find another plot.
I used Google maps to check out area's to see if they were worth visiting.

View attachment 1590893

I might go back to another site I reccied last year, an old railway siding. However I have a feeling the soil might be crap, or full of stone chipping under the top layer. So might need to use containers there. I can't really expand the current railway line plot much as I don't want it to be too conspicuous. But maybe there'll be somewhere in a different part of the same line I can use. I did scout out some other areas about a mile further along the line last year, so could try there.

Tbh mate I gave up on guerilla growing around me as the last plot I used I thought was sound until I was there 1 day and 4 dogs rolled up, so I ducked out quickly to see t shirted up dog walkers…. Pain in the arse! Unlucky! Like Sawney said instant street view is a banging tool to use.

Thanks folks. Yeah I checked lots of areas on Google maps, street view etc. before going on physical recce visits last year. Just got unlucky with this site.

I have a few other options to try, just more graft to clear and dig them.....but I'll find a way. :greenthumb:

Last edited:
Over in the propagator, the third BCN Critical XXL Fast poked above the soil, but was trapped in the seed shell. Tried to take the shell off, but the seedling was brown and rotten. :sadcry: Another four seeds haven't broken soil yet, looks like they won't at this rate: 2 x Guerrilla Gold Pie Fast, a Slaughtered Lamb and a Citrus Burst. Also in the tent, looks like a couple of stalled seedlings: the other Citrus Burst and the Kush Mintz.

Maybe I'll pop some replacements, or just take this opportunity to reduce my plant numbers...

Day 19 since the autos, semi-autos and earlies broke the soil. 8 days for the photos that made it (only half of them).

Probably another week or so before the autos and friends need to go out. They're starting to fill out nicely. More than half are due to go to the railway plots, the four Auto Duck will go to the "easy" plots, which leaves another eight to find homes for.

Slightly more relaxed timescale for the photos, at least another three weeks to go for them most likely.

large.IMG_20230512_002907.jpeg.de043f30424dd6feddaf4d4c6b324d5e.jpeglarge.IMG_20230512_003410.jpeg.1e9a1e9d2cf896805010af30f7614dbf.jpeg

Did a bit more prep down at the old railway line. Cover has increased along the line, which is great as less likely that anyone will spot me. I need another visit to dig some topsoil and finish off the new holes, then I'll have seven ready for planting up. They're all facing south, and get light right through the day. Cut back some overhanging branches from the trees behind the holes to make sure that remains the case.

As I have found two decent sized planters in good condition along the line, reckon I will use them at another spot on the line, about half a mile from this one. The reg autos from Soviet Finland will go in those. I want each strain planted close together so they'll hopefully make seeds.

Wee Joshua clone is doing just fine, though still small, she has roughly doubled in size since planting out. To get an idea of scale, the chicken wire is 60cm high. She shows no sign of flowering, which is interesting as she seemed to be very near when she was indoors. That's fine, I'm happy for her to keep growing.

large.IMG_20230514_201231_606.jpeg.08415105e635c623564a7d097bda86f4.jpeglarge.IMG_20230514_201416_589.jpeg.5e93d16b0eacf0e6f0a27e406b0ef79c.jpeg

Wee update on what's happening with the seedlings.

Quite a few of the autos, semi-autos are pretty much ready to plant out. They're 26 days old. I'll try and get some in the ground early next week. The rest will have to wait until more plots are ready. The photo seedlings are two weeks old, still pretty small. I'll pot them up once I've cleared some autos from the veg cabinet.

I gave them all their first feed today, at half strength. So I expect we'll see a bit of a growth spurt soon...

Soviet Finland autos and photo seedlings, just before feeding
large.IMG_20230518_004105.jpeg.49b6ccdd0944228a49f5b023611b68db.jpeg

Autos, semi-autos and earlies, just after feeding
large.IMG_20230518_010801.jpeg.2219196f1032ae11cf3f7b4b5c662417.jpeg

Went down to the ralway plot yesterday evening. Took seven autos / fasts / earlies with me. Dug some topsoil to finish off the plots, then planted out the seven. One each of the following:

Slaughtered Lamb
Outdoor UK Auto
C99 x Blueberry
Fast Serious 6 Glue
Mandarin Panties Auto
Nightmare
Thunder Banana Auto

Hope to get the Soviet Finland reg autos out sometime in the next day or two. Auto Ducks might go out tomorrow. Then I need to prep some plots for the rest. I'll pot up the photo seedlings too now there's some space freed up.

It was dark by the time I finished, so only have a handful of pictures as the last few were just black. Will take a few snaps next time I'm there.

Slaughtered Lamb
large.IMG_20230522_212726_429.jpeg.8bb3e9f48be3e740fe002a32d1293e62.jpeglarge.IMG_20230522_212701_761.jpeg.f793c6e1eceed4d6cfe25eeed84d732b.jpeg
Outdoor UK Auto
large.IMG_20230522_213207_931.jpeg.79ecc6866975aabe3ffe0cd961bc2b04.jpeglarge.IMG_20230522_213223_772.jpeg.c057d0a1d2661ed38dc377eb937bdad0.jpeg
C99 x Blueberry
large.IMG_20230522_220222_415.jpeg.358bc04795aa9d93a37f92810a180653.jpeglarge.IMG_20230522_220207_416.jpeg.7bfc20e63bdc6f860387cf3f2f994292.jpeg
Thunder Banana Auto
large.IMG_20230522_220601_320.jpeg.728a23347dddbe72777c2ae561c07996.jpeglarge.IMG_20230522_220546_319.jpeg.3abb900e76bd14bf99a1bfcfe8c47abb.jpeg

Back