DIY Fungus Gnat slaying terrarium

DeeDoubleYou

Drug War Veteran
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Lemoncello, Hippie Crippler, Glue Gelato
So while I’ve managed to keep any infestations at bay I always notice fungus gnats trying to access my tent when I open it. Unzip the door and I see them making a B line for the tent from wherever they’ve been staking it out from. I made myself a bog terrarium with some different species of Drosera aka Sundews. They are the perfect little fungus gnat slayers, they catch them in the sticky little tentacles on their branches. I know it most likely won’t compare to yellow sticky traps but it sure is a lot easier on the eyes. I also love carnivorous plants and making this little house of horrors has inspired me to make some other cool terrariums!
cC9A9xi.jpg

3pEJ1or.jpg

7X45dAd.jpg

So while I’ve managed to keep any infestations at bay I always notice fungus gnats trying to access my tent when I open it. Unzip the door and I see them making a B line for the tent from wherever they’ve been staking it out from. I made myself a bog terrarium with some different species of Drosera aka Sundews. They are the perfect little fungus gnat slayers, they catch them in the sticky little tentacles on their branches. I know it most likely won’t compare to yellow sticky traps but it sure is a lot easier on the eyes. I also love carnivorous plants and making this little house of horrors has inspired me to make some other cool terrariums!
cC9A9xi.jpg

3pEJ1or.jpg

7X45dAd.jpg
This is aspirational to me! My growing area in the basement is always such a mess outside of the tents. I really need to get it organized and add some functionality character, like this amazing gnat eating terrarium to my grow area.

Love it!

This is aspirational to me! My growing area in the basement is always such a mess outside of the tents. I really need to get it organized and add some functionality character, like this amazing gnat eating terrarium to my grow area.

Love it!
Hell yea, start small and work your way up with cleaning and organizing! The sense of pride and satisfaction I get from keeping my area clean is crucial to my existence. The basement is the only part of the house that won’t get disturbed by someone else in some type of way because it’s my sanctuary and I keep it that way. It’s also been my gym since COVID. Thanks for the rep, good luck with your journey! Oh btw I’m convinced my plants grow better when everything is clean and organized lol

Well ladies and gentlemen I couldn’t live without posting some results for you! DIE DIE DIE! I love these plants!
RT6qL6m.mp4

Last edited:
Back