Indoor Galaxy Brain by Night Owl

Kreatnkaos

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Here is my first grow journal at the AFN and I’m excited to bring you a Galaxy Brain from Night Owl Seeds. She is in a 5 gallon smart pot that is made up of a homemade recycled soil. I reamended with home made worm casting, home made insect frass, some BAS dry amendments and added worms and a cover crop before planting. I’ll be cutting the cover crop down as the plant gets a bit larger.

This is my first round using Blumats, so I’m excited to see how the watering works using this system from start to finish.

plant is under a Kingbright 240watt 3500k LED setup. The room is about 70F and humidity fluctuates on the lower end right now. My humidity controller and setup is currently helping me dry some bud from the last harvest so I’ll bring that back in once the bud is done drying.

Let me know if you have any questions.

@Mañ'O'Green

8B961564-8710-4B2F-8652-D452C41715B2.jpeg

Last edited:
:pop:
Hey @Kreatnkaos - welcome to AFN and thanks for doing a journal! I have Galaxy Brain coming up in my que for my DWC system so I will be watching with interest!

Also, Tagging @Mañ'O'Green for you. If you type @ and then start typing the name a list of AFN members comes up - easy peasy.
:pass:

Here is my first grow journal at the AFN and I’m excited to bring you a Galaxy Brain from Night Owl Seeds. She is in a 5 gallon smart pot that is made up of a homemade recycled soil. I reamended with home made worm casting, home made insect frass, some BAS dry amendments and added worms and a cover crop before planting. I’ll be cutting the cover crop down as the plant gets a bit larger.

This is my first round using Blumats, so I’m excited to see how the watering works using this system from start to finish.

plant is under a Kingbright 240watt 3500k LED setup. The room is about 70F and humidity fluctuates on the lower end right now. My humidity controller and setup is currently helping me dry some bud from the last harvest so I’ll bring that back in once the bud is done drying.

Let me know if you have any questions.

@Man-O-Green
Edit: is this how I was supposed to tag Man-O-Green?

View attachment 1412736
looking good and I've always wanted to try night owl seeds also to tag someone put this before their name @St. Tom eg

:pop:
Hey @Kreatnkaos - welcome to AFN and thanks for doing a journal! I have Galaxy Brain coming up in my que for my DWC system so I will be watching with interest!

Also, Tagging @Mañ'O'Green for you. If you type @ and then start typing the name a list of AFN members comes up - easy peasy.
:pass:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I’ve been growing for a long time, about 15 to 20 years give or take. During this time I’ve been doing mostly regenerative living soil‘s, I don’t have the space indoors to do a living soil. I did throw a galaxy brain over the summer, but was not able to finish it due to some mold issues outdoors. So I’m excited to see how this turns out indoors where I can control the environment better.
looking good and I've always wanted to try night owl seeds also to tag someone put this before their name @St. Tom eg
Night Owls Seeds are amazing. Fast growth and vigor. I’ll be buying more from him after I get through some of my beans.
What cover crop are you using BTW?
I’m using a mixture of some random garden seeds I had: clover, mustard, daikon radish, brassicas, a sunflower found it’s way into the mix too! I know there was more, I just was sprouting old seed. I was using it as mostly a way to get build the rhizosphere, I don’t know if I’ll keep it all grow. We will see.

Last edited:
I’ll be watching this with interest. I’m popping a couple Galaxy Brain and Double Grape in April to grow in living soil outdoors. I’m thinking max sun during late flower should work out pretty well.
Thanks, Ive grown both before but my first Galaxy Brain was outdoors and molded on me, the outdoor environment where I am gets every humid for a long time. I plan on starting quite a few plants indoors before spring and let them finish outdoors while it isn’t quite yet humid.
I’m in to follow along. just the one plant? Are you in a tent?
Right now I’m not in a tent, just a small room inside my house. The location of my tent is way to cold, so I had to bring everything inside. I’m in the process of harvesting another plant and I have a small test of a clone that I’m trying to get S1 seeds off of with STS. I have a few seeds growing on it, I most likely won’t grow out the cultivar but I will germ them to test their viability.

Back