Photoperiod Grand Daddy Purple - Bulk Seeds, ordered from Linda Seeds

Patience being a virtue, has never been so true as it is when growing Photoperiods, :baked:

I am not sure about the bouquet idea, in terms of airflow and Rh, but who knows it might work out well for you.

never heard anyone say "got lucky with snow in March" before, thats a new one for me :rofl:

We see how I do with the girls, I’m a lazy dude :baked:, trying to get away as cheap as possible.

I’m mostly surprised by the height of them as they were flipped at 37cm and now reaching 110-130 cm from base. If air was added to the root-zone I bet they would have got too tall for me to handle in that tent.

Was going to check out a cabin today that was given away for free, all I needed to do was to bring it and it’s 42ft by 17 ft (in that aspect it was not good with snow). But I’ll get my ass out there before anyone else get there hands on it.

What you got running @Corum59? You can add the link here if you like, then I’ll find the thread easier. :passit:

We see how I do with the girls, I’m a lazy dude :baked:, trying to get away as cheap as possible.
hahahahah yup thats me too.

That is indeed quite a long stretch, I usually only expect doubling, but strains do what they do.

goddamn, free cabins... sounds like paradise... wish you luck on that one.

My current grow, 4 Blond Russian Ladies from Dutch-headshop home brand, no longer available, so I will try and grow some seeds from one of them If I can turn the small one male....... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...onward-and-forward.91184/page-11#post-2910062

hahahahah yup thats me too.

That is indeed quite a long stretch, I usually only expect doubling, but strains do what they do.

goddamn, free cabins... sounds like paradise... wish you luck on that one.

My current grow, 4 Blond Russian Ladies from Dutch-headshop home brand, no longer available, so I will try and grow some seeds from one of them If I can turn the small one male....... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...onward-and-forward.91184/page-11#post-2910062

Checked your grow and you are not to long in but they will fill that screen pretty quickly. Good job man 👍.

Yeah, they stretched more then I expected but I would say that got to a pretty good height and distance from the lights to get an even spread.

The cold weather have slowed them down a bit, they drink less so I raised the EC to 2.3 in total, despite some nute-burn from earlier on. Might need to start to brew some new wine as this batch is pretty much done ✅

A snap of them to keep you guys up to date:

IMG_9091.jpeg

Imagine in 3-4 weeks how packed it will be with shining, white, sparkling buds ⭐⭐⭐

Checked your grow and you are not to long in but they will fill that screen pretty quickly. Good job man 👍.

Yeah, they stretched more then I expected but I would say that got to a pretty good height and distance from the lights to get an even spread.

The cold weather have slowed them down a bit, they drink less so I raised the EC to 2.3 in total, despite some nute-burn from earlier on. Might need to start to brew some new wine as this batch is pretty much done ✅

A snap of them to keep you guys up to date:

View attachment 1673761

Imagine in 3-4 weeks how packed it will be with shining, white, sparkling buds ⭐⭐⭐
Mine are indeed early days, its a slow job....all this growing stuff.
So long as the lights are not buring the tops buds its all good and an even spread after defol gives great penetration so its all going to be good.

They do look very happy, the buds site are pretty tight considering the stretch they did, and right now they are looking very shining, healthy and strong... its really all about patience now isnt.... not too much messing to be done now, keep to the schedule (cos its working) and remain vigilant for pests, fungus, and mold. and keep taking flash pics cos those trichs look great.

How did the free cabin go, a queue of people a mile long?

Mine are indeed early days, its a slow job....all this growing stuff.
So long as the lights are not buring the tops buds its all good and an even spread after defol gives great penetration so its all going to be good.

They do look very happy, the buds site are pretty tight considering the stretch they did, and right now they are looking very shining, healthy and strong... its really all about patience now isnt.... not too much messing to be done now, keep to the schedule (cos its working) and remain vigilant for pests, fungus, and mold. and keep taking flash pics cos those trichs look great.

How did the free cabin go, a queue of people a mile long?

The cabin went great, now it’s just a question about how much money to charge the new owner.

The ladies starts to put a little weight on them but it’s not fast enough so I’ve switched to 11 hours of light and 13 hours of darkness and increased the PPFD to compensate for the less hours of daylight.

Hopefully they speed up the progress and deliver some nice buds so that we can start a new round with some fresh Dutch Passion strains to get those tall and fat colas.

🇨🇦🍁💚

Last edited:
Patience, Patience, patience... they are on the right path, and the lower bud sites appear to be doing well, the results of the defoliation and deep photon penetration, that may add a week or so as the plants are growing more buds all over the plant, that's a lot of extra work for the root system to be doing, the extra hour may help a lot.
Some things are worth waiting for....:baked:

Patience, Patience, patience... they are on the right path, and the lower bud sites appear to be doing well, the results of the defoliation and deep photon penetration, that may add a week or so as the plants are growing more buds all over the plant, that's a lot of extra work for the root system to be doing, the extra hour may help a lot.
Some things are worth waiting for....:baked:

yes, I agree it’s a lot of patience, They are looking good and healthy, but compared to autoflowers they are a bit slower to develope and grow. But I am more than pleased with how things are looking right now.

I have not taken away any more leaves, but I will remove 10% later this day.

Thank you for stepping in and give comments and advices, I appreciate it a lot.

Here is the photo of them

IMG_9187.jpeg

Indeed they are much slower than autos, 2-3x longer from start to finish in most cases, however I find that helps me to cover issues, like cold, humidity, too much/too little somethingorother i find photo's to be more forgiving, but then again I have only tried auto's a couple of times. So still lots of learning for me.

keeping up with minor defol will help keep the humidity under control and allow much better ventilation, helping to keep the buds in better condition. They are indeed looking pretty sweet.

It's good to see photos of photos now and again. :baked: keep up the good work they are really nice looking girls.

yes, I agree it’s a lot of patience, They are looking good and healthy, but compared to autoflowers they are a bit slower to develope and grow. But I am more than pleased with how things are looking right now.

I have not taken away any more leaves, but I will remove 10% later this day.

Thank you for stepping in and give comments and advices, I appreciate it a lot.

Here is the photo of them

View attachment 1674386
Hey brother!
I use to grow SOG and have a lot of experience with that type of method if you need any help or advice in the future.

Last edited:
Indeed they are much slower than autos, 2-3x longer from start to finish in most cases, however I find that helps me to cover issues, like cold, humidity, too much/too little somethingorother i find photo's to be more forgiving, but then again I have only tried auto's a couple of times. So still lots of learning for me.

keeping up with minor defol will help keep the humidity under control and allow much better ventilation, helping to keep the buds in better condition. They are indeed looking pretty sweet.

It's good to see photos of photos now and again. :baked: keep up the good work they are really nice looking girls.

Yeah, I think I’ll do autos for the next run as I just wanted to try photoperiods to see the difference. I agree with you, photos are way more forgiving than autos. With autos you got one chance to get it right, whilst you can veg pp’s as you des and they have a longer time to recover during bloom.

I like to experiment but I don’t have so much space to do it, or I would have plants growing everywhere 😀

Hey brother!
I use to grow SOG and have a lot of experience with that type of method if you need any help or advice in the future.

Good to hear mate. I’m always open for an opinion regardless the subject.
You’ve seen the girls, anything you would have done to the better at this stage, something obvious to your eyes that I’m unaware of? :pass:

Best strain you ever done quality and quantity ways in SOG?

Back