Lighting question

I have a 2x2 tent and a viparspectra 2024 p1000 led grow light, my autoflower has just sprouted and my light is 22 in above the plant and at 40 %, it's on a timer at 18-6 and the ambient temperature is 71° f, is this about right ?. Should I do anything different ?.

Hey vondetour,

At that stage im still down down around 12 DLI. 22 DLI, assuming thats what you are referring to, likeky wont be too harsh. If you notice any leaf curl or bleaching of the green leaf color you should lower the intensity slightly. And if you could get the temp up some that would help. Lower 70s early on will slow the growth a little bit.

Here’s a chart i use as a loose guide when i question where my light levels are at during a grow.

IMG_2188.png

Just reread your post. 22” above the is fine but im not sure how 40% translates to actual light intensity, im using a different light. Try looking into the photone app for your phone, assuming you have access to a smart phone. Many in here use it and it will let you get an idea of where you light levels are.

viparspectra 2024 p1000 led grow light, my autoflower has just sprouted and my light is 22 in above the plant and at 40 %, it's on a timer at 18-6 and the ambient temperature is 71° f, is this about right ?
Welcome @vondetour :pass:

Looks like the company put up 2x2' coverage maps here for a version of your 100w light:

I would recommend you use their distances and that way you'll know your PPFD and can get to where the chart @Babalouie posted can just be what you roughly follow based on your hours:

PPFD DLI Chart.jpg

...and in terms of temp and RH, hopefully this helps as a guide:

Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpeg

Thanks, @Bob's Auto's :toke:

I really struggled to find any decent concise/technical lighting and environmental information when I started so I like to try and help when I can.

Are you still running your autos 24/0?...one of the only issues I have seed-to-harvest anymore is RH due to environment (which 24/0 would fix most of) but I've always suffered through with 18/6 because I thought it was best for plant health (I don't feed or amend my soil SIP grows) and I'm just growing to medicate :baked:.

I really struggled to find any decent concise/technical lighting and environmental information when I started so I like to try and help when I can.

Are you still running your autos 24/0?...one of the only issues I have seed-to-harvest anymore is RH due to environment (which 24/0 would fix most of) but I've always suffered through with 18/6 because I thought it was best for plant health (I don't feed or amend my soil SIP grows) and I'm just growing to medicate :baked:.
Ever since I've grown auto's they have been on 24/7 lights on. Except when I grow inside the greenhouse of course ;)

What about 20/4? still gives the plants a rest and less time for the rh to climb at lights out :toke::pass:

I have a 2x2 tent and a viparspectra 2024 p1000 led grow light, my autoflower has just sprouted and my light is 22 in above the plant and at 40 %, it's on a timer at 18-6 and the ambient temperature is 71° f, is this about right ?. Should I do anything different ?.

:welcome:Welcome to AFN :d5::pass::welcome:

Download the photone app free and pay 6$ to unlock full spec LED's then follow the charts that @Babalouie and @Mozzy shared

Back