Mañ'O'Green and GreenLeaf 2 part for Autos

So you would need what? About 20-25% of normal generated power to run your light 18 hours a day?
Close, 600 watts times 18 hours is 10.8 kWh per day times 30 days is 324 kWh / 1250 = 25.9% but remember there are fans and pumps. Sometimes I run the dehumidifier. The solar system system is designed with 33% of production for the grow effort. I have a 20% reserve for our electric car - we don't own it yet.

I have a 20% reserve for our electric car - we don't own it yet.
Word. We installed solar a year ago (loving it) but are holding out for lower home battery costs before we go electric. Now, you cannot even get a Power Wall without buying an entire system from Tesla. Others (Genelec, etc.) are a bit cheaper but still very pricy.

Word. We installed solar a year ago (loving it) but are holding out for lower home battery costs before we go electric. Now, you cannot even get a Power Wall without buying an entire system from Tesla. Others (Genelec, etc.) are a bit cheaper but still very pricy.
Were you ever able to buy a residential model of the Powerwall without buying the whole system? I know that they briefly sold those systems at Home Depot. At least nowadays, they do say that you can use the Powewall as an off grid system. Early on, they were all grid connected.NO matte who you buy, it is pretty clear that darn near any lithium battery os going to cost more than an old school lead acid unit, but it is vastly superior. The Japanese were able to remove their Stirling engine based AIP system from their Soryu class diesel submarines by switching from lead-acid to a larger number of lithium batteries. Bad news is that it added a couple of million bucks and about 100 tons of extra weight even after removing the AIP system.

Last edited:
Close, 600 watts times 18 hours is 10.8 kWh per day times 30 days is 324 kWh / 1250 = 25.9% but remember there are fans and pumps. Sometimes I run the dehumidifier. The solar system system is designed with 33% of production for the grow effort. I have a 20% reserve for our electric car - we don't own it yet.
So are you going to go with a Tesla or something else? The thing about home charging is that it is much slower than a charging station. That will be more so the case if and when everyone goes to at least an 800 volt system like Porsche. IIRC, the charging stations for the Tesla Semi will be 1600 volt or more.

So are you going to go with a Tesla or something else? The thing about home charging is that it is much slower than a charging station. That will be more so the case if and when everyone goes to at least an 800 volt system like Porsche. IIRC, the charging stations for the Tesla Semi will be 1600 volt or more.
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: No, we only need an in-town vehicle This little Kandi K27 has a 59 mile range. Ms MOG works 5 miles away. I am driving my car less than 3000 miles a year. We have the Honda Insight a hybrid that gets 50 MPG to travel in. $18K before incentives. They are having troubles with the HSB over the air-bag deployment system. Maybe as much as 10K in incentives depending on if they ever get this problem resolved?

2021-07-27_15-46-36.png

Back