Grow Room Micro Grow à la Spaghetti Sauce

Sunday [HASHTAG]#Sauceday[/HASHTAG]. These tomatoes are my favorite.
c0b6158a52e8dfe06395942a6cf5191d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So now after I had some time today to play around with my setup, I'm looking at this reservoir that's in my system and it's only 1 gallon not the 3.5 that I thought it was... not very happy about this. After some research I figured out that I can fit 2 single gallon planters in my space and fill with coco and forget about the DWC. So I'm in limbo with this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey. Well, I'm clearly biased as coco is my favorite substrate, so I'd tell you to go with coco. In my experience, coco is much less of a headache than a small DWC for comparable (or better)results if properly done. With only 1gl reservoir you'll face wild pH and ec swings and probably temp problems. If temps climb too high in the reservoir, dissolved oxygen will plummet and pythium may take hold of your roots, which is a serious PitA (been there).
1gl pots are plenty for coco, especially if they are fabric pots that will support pretty big plants. Coco is great but has a few setbacks itself. You'll have to be careful with overwatering when plants are young (been there)and salt buildup during flowering (been there also). Both are easy to solve though, wet/dry cycles when the plants are young and daily waterings in flowering stage with some dripclean/ataclean with a moderate ec all along the grow. Coco is much more forgiving than DWC when it comes to human error or sudden environmental change.
One last thing, you can automate coco waterings with dippers which will give you roughly as much control over your feedings as in DWC, or handwater if you prefer/have too.

Hey. Well, I'm clearly biased as coco is my favorite substrate, so I'd tell you to go with coco. In my experience, coco is much less of a headache than a small DWC for comparable (or better)results if properly done. With only 1gl reservoir you'll face wild pH and ec swings and probably temp problems. If temps climb too high in the reservoir, dissolved oxygen will plummet and pythium may take hold of your roots, which is a serious PitA (been there).
1gl pots are plenty for coco, especially if they are fabric pots that will support pretty big plants. Coco is great but has a few setbacks itself. You'll have to be careful with overwatering when plants are young (been there)and salt buildup during flowering (been there also). Both are easy to solve though, wet/dry cycles when the plants are young and daily waterings in flowering stage with some dripclean/ataclean with a moderate ec all along the grow. Coco is much more forgiving than DWC when it comes to human error or sudden environmental change.
One last thing, you can automate coco waterings with dippers which will give you roughly as much control over your feedings as in DWC, or handwater if you prefer/have too.
Yeah. I totally agree with you. I want this to be easy and I don't want to be playing mad scientist all the time. I bought some coco and perlite. Still waiting on seeds... ><

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice growbox!
I agree with @JDoe there is too much to go wrong with dwc in a micro setup.
I have never done coco or dwc(just harvested my first grow actually that was in soil) but from what ive read about the two i would go with coco over dwc for a micro.

Is that 150w ufo a "morsen" from amazon?
I have one to backup my 100w blackstar and it looks just like the one in your pic.
Looking foward to watching your grow.:pop:
:vibes::goodluck:

@SpaghettiSauce im growing in a similar size space.
I went with 2 gal coco and perlite. Finishing up my auto NL now. Next run I'm giving Dwc a try, considering I originally was going to start that way. With ph fluctuations and constant issues scrapped and did coco. You will not be disappointed with using coco.
You can also try to set up for a drip feed for more like hydro results.
Hope this helps
:smoking:

That sux, I hope mine show up this week. Friday will be 3 weeks since my order was complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back