Grow Room Micro Grow à la Spaghetti Sauce

hopefully they show
Almost here!!!
ff54d29e3c4d6067da15ff559e9826f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So after chasing down the mailman with my delivery notice. Two seeds are germinating in papertowels. ::smokin::

Took the leftover 18 seeds and put them in a opaque pill bottle into my mini fridge regulated to 44 degrees f. Any thoughts on this?

If you don't planning on using them for years sure, but add a desiccant, this issue is temperature swings "power outages, doors left open" introducing moisture. If you plan on using them all in say the next 3-5 years, any cool dry place out of sun will do fine, and even still the percentage rates of germination just drop gradually. I have plenty of seeds from 5-7 years ago i know will still pop relatively easy with a 80-90+% germination rate, and they have only ever been stored in paper coin envelopes or now eppendorf tubes, and then just stored in whatever cool random drawer they ended up in.

Last edited:
If you don't planning on using them for years sure, but add a desiccant, this issue is temperature swings "power outages, doors left open" introducing moisture. If you plan on using them all in say the next 3-5 years, any cool dry place out of sun will do fine, and even still the percentage rates of germination just drop gradually. I have plenty of seeds from 5-7 years ago i know will still pop relatively easy with a 80-90+% germination rate, and they have only ever been stored in paper coin envelopes or now eppendorf tubes, and then just stored in whatever cool random drawer they ended up in.
Thanks bro. Im switching them into my safe now.

Took the leftover 18 seeds and put them in a opaque pill bottle into my mini fridge regulated to 44 degrees f. Any thoughts on this?

You named it, cool, dry, dark is the best environment. A little extra info: the more temperature switches the more the shell moves/seedling gets stressed and this can cause a loss in germinating rate. But all in all seed storing is easy. Just check them now and then so if someting is not going right you will notice and can change it.

Back