New Grower Seedstockers & Meph first garage grow!

Day 1
  • All seeds popped last night and were reaching for the light this morning. Today is officially day 1.

All under their baggie humidity domes. I keep them on until they pop, then slowly prop the baggies up more each day to acclimate them to the tent humidity (sitting around 70%). Usually take 2-3 days to do this.
    IMG_2185.jpeg

Grappa
    IMG_2181.jpeg

CBD Critical
    IMG_2182.jpeg

Northern lights
    IMG_2183.jpeg

Rucu Cucu
    IMG_2184.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

Day 5
  • We got our first frost last night. Got a tiny heater running 20 min on then 5 min off inside the tent. Barely keeps the temp above 73f and it kills the humidity but it’s manageable. Sprayed a light mix of dr zymes on top of the soil the last two days. Then sprayed on a mix of CalSil+ and quijalla on top of that.

Grappa looking great
    IMG_2233.jpeg

CBD critical looking a bit lanky
    IMG_2234.jpeg

Northern lights looking small and funny. Hoping it’ll grow outta this as it’s our favorite medical strain and I don’t have many seeds left
    IMG_2235.jpeg

Rucu Cucu looking great
    IMG_2236.jpeg

One bonus pic of my super vicious pit bull as you can see in the pic
    IMG_2231.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by, happy Saturday!

Day 12
  • Progress. Damn fungus gnats are living it up right now. I finally ordered some nematodes and rove beetles from natures good guys. Thanks again @Rasterman. The northern lights is still looking a bit mutated and the Rucu Cucu is leaning a bit more than I like at this stage. But I won’t worry about it for now. Pics are from last night. Just watered in some CalSil+ with quillaja and Thrive probiotics.

IMG_2275.jpeg

Grappa
    IMG_2276.jpeg

CBD Critical
    IMG_2277.jpeg

Northern lights
    IMG_2278.jpeg

Rucu Cucu
    IMG_2279.jpeg

Happy growing!

Day 16 - Covers
  • The SF nematodes and rove beetles came in the mail yesterday. The earthboxes were ready for another watering before putting the covers on so the timing worked out. I mixed half of the 5 million nematodes in 1 gal of water and shared it between all of the pots/EBs. After watering I added the rove beetles, it is really cool watching them scatter once they hit the soil. Had a couple of them try to escape. I also minimized sticky traps so they wouldnt catch the rove beetles. @Rasterman do you use sticky traps with your rove beetles?

After that I shower capped them, used one red cover because I couldn't find any other black covers. Not using it for any specific reason. Most of them seem happy besides the Northern Lights. The only reason I havent yanked it and started over is because I dont have many NL seeds left. So I am hoping it'll grow out of it. Also some carrots and kale popped up outta the soil a day or two ago. Love seeing life come out of the soil.

551D3398-DB31-47A8-BF21-5BFEED4D8F57.JPG

Grappa
    63B9F075-06FB-47DE-B4A0-1E9638BA8CB8.JPG

CBD Critical, biggest so far
    D2572E0F-EB7A-4032-9D91-31B848AC996C.JPG

Unhappy/mutated Northern Lights, she got a little abused when I put the cover on!
    F0263D95-2FD4-4B43-AE7D-5981F3335F2B.JPG

Rucu Cucu
    C78FCFB9-5A23-42D7-B3ED-051E92C16E10.JPG

Couple of rove beetles
    354A3A86-E444-46FA-B6C3-8F0B59BA366C.JPG

Red Russian Kale sprouts
    A911ED93-3E51-4DBA-8226-7E5D933BB243.JPG

Bunch of carrot sprouts
    BE8DD1BC-6324-497B-866D-072ED0B89C67.JPG

Happy Growing!!!

Day 23
  • Still growing and still have gnats flying around. I think I will be applying more nematodes in another week or two. There seem to be less gnats than before but they are not disappearing as quickly as I want. Nature works on its own time I suppose. Plants seem to be doing decent in spite of the gnats. Northern Lights still looks mutated and the CBD Critical is showing signs of lock out. In my experience it is too early for the yellowing to be a deficiency. They should have at least another week of food, especially in a regular earthbox. Gnats could have disturbed them or they are just more sensitive. I am going to leave them be for now. I filled the two EB Jrs rez today with 0.5L of water each with some added CalSil+ and a little yah-whey. I will need to top dress them in the next day or two. My whole family's been sick and doing anything physical is extra difficult so I am a bit behind schedule. I also sprayed all the girls with a light dose of Dr Zymes last Saturday. Wanted to start a weekly IPM to help avoid spider mites. The nice guy at my local grow store told me that they are pretty bad up here. I am debating about rotating with some essential oil sprays as well. Google suggests peppermint and rosemary. I will most likely rotate weekly with Dr Zymes, then rosemary, then Dr Zymes, then peppermint. Repeat. Any way, thanks for stopping by.

D270FAB2-D20C-4087-B6B7-BAD98DEB9755.JPG

Grappa
    0A828928-44BA-4186-A9B9-DE876D49CACF.JPG

CBD Critical
    BCFD582C-BBD8-44CE-91CC-69822CB0B053.JPG

Nothern Lights
    83FBC8E8-4FA3-4E51-8728-0FF463555B71.JPG
    64308802-2676-457E-9C06-5BDFA8537AA9.JPG

Rucu Cucu
    86252BF2-B0FB-40FC-B5F9-0E7C57B6A0F3.JPG

Thinned the carrots yesterday
    BE9DE532-2687-4818-B22E-B2FB9345AF8C.JPG

Will be removing two of the kale as well. I think two kale plants in a 3 gallon rain science pot is one too many, but I like experiments.
    58540B32-F2F4-4217-98EF-787F51316E6B.JPG

Happy Growing!

Day 36
  • Sorry I haven’t updated this thread in a couple weeks. Lots going on here. The 3 plant in the ocean forest all struggled to a bit, but are slowly making a come back. They all look lankier than the stout ass Rucu Cucu. I have never seen a plant grow so intensely. All of the nodes were growing up the middle towards the light, looked like an upside down Christmas tree. Wish I took a pic before I started training. Looks a little crazy after training. Fungus gnats are still here but aren’t getting out of hand. Only been adding water to the Rez when needed with some added em1 or yah whey.

Rucu Cucu
    IMG_2490.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2492.jpeg

CBD Critical
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg

Northern lights accidentally supercropped
    IMG_2495.jpeg
    IMG_2496.jpeg

Grappa seemed to struggle the most, my fault, I filled the Rez too early.
    IMG_2498.jpeg
    IMG_2499.jpeg

Carrots and Kale, both in the roots organic mix looking happy
    IMG_2500.jpeg
    IMG_2501.jpeg

Happy Growing!!!

Day 48
  • The northern lights grew funny from the jump and never grew out of it. So I cut it down a few days ago to give the other plants more resources. Very bummed about this loss, NL is our favorite medicinal strain and I’m running low on seeds. Thinking about reversing and selfing to get more seeds.
    ☹️
    IMG_2570.jpeg

The rest of the tent is doing great. The CBD and grappa got past the early soil and fungus gnat issues and are growing like weeds now. The Rucu Cucu is one of the bushiest plants I have grown. Not much vertical growth but she is still putting out tons on nodes and growing like an upside down Christmas tree. She needed a trimming and I had to sacrifice quite a few lower inner nodes. I’m pretty sure she won’t miss them. I’ve started using mosquito bit tea again, nematodes aren’t helping. I think the infestation got too bad. I added more sticky traps and will water in some tea once a week for the next 3 weeks. I can still see plenty of rove beetles when I check under the covers, I know they will help too. I’ve only been filling the rez’s when needed. Been switching between em1 and yah whey but also adding some CalSil or agsil16 and I just added some buildabloom yesterday when I filled the rez’s. Will likely top dress in the next 10 days. I can see the feeder roots starting to pop through the last top dress. To the pics

IMG_2605.jpeg

CBD critical not so XXL. She is way frosty and smells like sweet fruity goodness.
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg

Grappa. Love seeing the trichs grow in the stems this early.
    IMG_2599.jpeg
    IMG_2600.jpeg
    IMG_2602.jpeg

Rucu Cucu before haircut
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg

After haircut
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2595.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2598.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

Day 56
  • I’m at my favorite part of the grow, around day 60 when you can see the frost developing. You get some really nice smells when you open the tent. Buds are forming. All 3 of my plants are at different stages. Some still need training and trimming and some don’t. I love stepping into my tent. I just go in there to inappropriately look at them and smell them. Love it.

Another note. Lots of sticky traps, weekly mosquito bit tea, and rove beetles can knock down a pretty bad fungus gnat problem. I used nematodes too late in the infestation and stopped applying mosquito bit tea. The population got out of hand real quick. Fungus gnats are stuck on some CBD buds, bastards. It’s my fault though and I’ll wash them, not that big of deal. I applied my 3rd tea today and changed the sticky traps. There is still a few but they have been significantly diminished. Sticky traps and mosquito bit tea has always worked for fungus gnats. Always.

IMG_2693.jpeg

Grappa, this plant is getting frosty and has an intense chemical sweetness to it. Excited.
    IMG_2694.jpeg
    IMG_2695.jpeg
    IMG_2696.jpeg

CBD critical. Forming some nice buds and has a delicious fruity orange sweet punch to it. Stinkiest and ahead of the pack
    IMG_2697.jpeg
    IMG_2698.jpeg
    IMG_2699.jpeg

Rucu Cucu. She’s still growing straight up and putting out so many nodes. I snip a good 5 nodes a day and she still has too many. Going to need to do another trim soon. She needs more training. Been slacking. But this plant, holy shit, she smells like straight candy. Nothing but sweet stinky candy. Sweetest plant I’ve ever smelled. Hoping she stays this way.
    IMG_2700.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg

Happy growing!

Day 75 Harvest
  • IMG_2810.jpeg
    IMG_2811.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2815.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg

I have been really bad about updating this thread. Wanted to post some pics I took of the CBD critical harvest. She got stunted early but the buds she produced were solid and fat, sticky and stinky. She was wet trimmed and brown bagged. Most of it will be infused into coconut oil and made into a topical for family and treats for doggy. I’m also interested in the effects so I saved a good chunk for smoke. She was one of the stinkiest and stickiest I’ve grown so far. Cheers to seed stockers. More harvests coming soon.

Day 76
  • IMG_2830.jpeg
    These pics are from yesterday which was day 76

The grappa is super frosty and smells great. I can definitely smell the grape with a nice astringent blast that hits on the backside. This girl got a top dress too late and hasn’t liked my extras (Buildabloom, potassium silicate) I’ve occasionally added to the rez. But the pics don’t do her justice, she’s frosty as hell. I’m just waiting for the buds to fill in a bit more.
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2832.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg

The Rucu Cucu is chugging along. Not much to report on her other than there’s an excess of nitrogen. The leaves are still GREEN and the tips are clawing down. Ive never seen a plant reach for the light like this plant. Since a week 1. Looking like some nice golf balls forming and she’s quite frosty too.
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg

Happy growing.

Back