Indoor Sweet Skunk Auto & Tangelo Rapido Auto - Kush's Low Budget Grow

Kush

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi people, Kush here.
I will be growing Sweet Seeds "Sweet Skunk Auto" and Barneys Farm "Tangelo Rapido Auto" side by side.
Just soaked the beans in water and will move them to wet paper towels after 24 hours.

Here is some info about the grow:
Strains: Sweet Skunk Auto by Sweet Seeds & Tangelo Rapido Auto by Barneys Farm
Grow medium: soil
Lights: a total of 300 Watts CFL (150W at 2700K + 150W at 6500K)
Light schedule: 18/6
Grow box: homemade out of a $15 folding greenhouse (similar to this one, but with a flat top), I covered the nylon walls in tin foil. Size of the grow box is 1 meter L X 0.5 meter W X 1.50 meter H
Ventilation: one exhaust PC fan and that's all. No intake fans
Pots: the germinated seeds will be planted directly in their final 10 liter pots

Will post the next step tomorrow.

Today's update: the beans have been moved to wet paper towels, carefully placed in porcelain trays and wrapped in nylon bags.
Hope to see roots soon.

Both these strains sound fantastic!
Yeah man, they are very promising. Both seeds are so large! Nothing like the tiny Speed Seeds that I grew last year.
And the interesting part is that Tangelo Rapido is discontinued by Barneys Farm, so I must have one of the last remaining genetics of this strain.

And the little babies have hatched in their wet paper towels.
Time to move them to their final homes - the 10 liter pots.
I am still wondering if there is any point in using Jiffy peat pellets. Or should I plant the seeds directly into soil? To be decided soon.

Attachments

• labeled_seeds_in_wet_paper_towels_and_trays.jpg
    labeled_seeds_in_wet_paper_towels_and_trays.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 154
  • seed.jpg
    seed.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 168
  • seed2.jpg
    seed2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 140
And here they are under exactly 100W of 6400K CFL lights.
Will be adding more lights as they grow.
I decided to use Jiffy pellets. Planted the seeds in the Jiffy's and then buried the pellets in the soil - this way I will know exactly where the seeds are in the pots.

Attachments

• pots.jpg
    pots.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 111
And we have two beautiful princesses showing. :)
The Tangelo Rapido seed fell deeper in the Jiffy hole than the Sweet Skunk, so the sprout shows a bit shorter above the soil, but I guess both plants are actually the same height.

Attachments

• sweet_skunk.jpg
    sweet_skunk.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 114
  • tangelo_rapido.jpg
    tangelo_rapido.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 100
Both are looking happy and off to a good start.

A little update.
Both sprouts are doing okay but look kinda skinny and tall to me. Especially the Sweet Skunk - it is so lanky.
The lights are close to the plants, about 15 inches above them, so it is not like they don't get enough light.
I wonder what made them so tall. Could it be because the coco choir Jiffy's are non-nutritious, so the plants have to rely on their own resources until their roots penetrate the Jiffy and reach the actual soil?

Attachments

• IMG_20171009_014729.jpg
    IMG_20171009_014729.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20171009_014747.jpg
    IMG_20171009_014747.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 131
Back