Indoor Sweet Skunk Auto & Tangelo Rapido Auto - Kush's Low Budget Grow

What kind of soil are you using? It might be too thick and not have good enough drainage/airation what ever you want to call it. The soil might be taking too long to dry out:pass:

I just took them out of the old soil. Their roots were barely showing through the Jiffy membrane and 95% of them were contained inside of the Jiffy. I will never use Jiffy pellets again.

I transplanted the ill babies in new soil, an expensive one that had lots of promises written on its label.
Let's see if they will recover in their new environment. I am fucking determined to save them.

Attachments

• IMG_20171020_205418.jpg
    IMG_20171020_205418.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20171020_205439.jpg
    IMG_20171020_205439.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20171020_205458.jpg
    IMG_20171020_205458.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 68
adding about 25% of this stuff
02-065-005-big.jpg
to soil can change a soil from cloggy to fluffy.
a spare pot same size same soil sat in a corner never watered can be a great gauge.lift it up and down along with the other pots,gives you a better feel of light v heavy pots.
i dont want to be the bearer of bad news,but how can i avoid a 'but'?.... well but the rapido looks a goner sorry.do you have another seed to start ? dont look at it as a failure,just a change of plan to a perpepual grow.
if its the last seed then give it every chance,il still cheer you on.
good luck.
:pighug:

They are recovering in their new soil.
Their old leaves are withered and yellow but the new sets of leaves look fresh and green.
Even the almost dead Tangelo Rapido is shooting new green leaves, so I think they both will survive.
They may remain small, though. I lost three weeks of their lives and their flowering period is coming soon.

Two lessons learned:
1. Never use Jiffy pellets.
2. Never use cheap soil.

Attachments

• IMG_20171024_182255.jpg
    IMG_20171024_182255.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20171024_182318.jpg
    IMG_20171024_182318.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20171024_182327.jpg
    IMG_20171024_182327.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 66
The pellets are probably a lit worse than the soil just by restriction of the roots.

They are starting to stink, the whole room smells like weed. This can become a huge problem for me at their later stage of life because I am running a low budget setup that does not have a carbon filter installed. Some of my neighbors are cops and have big noses.
The good news is that the plants are recovered now. Still a bit yellowish, but growing fast and shooting leaves. Waiting for them to explode in a week or two.

The new leaves of the Sweet Skunk are covered in glistering trichomes. The trichs are visible if you preview the photos in their largest size. I have a feeling this mofo will produce some sticky buds and potent trim as well.
The Tangelo Rapido shows some broad Afghanica leaves, just the way I like them. Hoping that it will deliver a heavy couch-lock effect. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Sweet Skunk.jpg
    Sweet Skunk.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Tangelo Rapido.jpg
    Tangelo Rapido.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 83
Hey bud i dont want to be the bad news fairy but since it sounds like any smell getting out would be a huge risk to your security i want to give you my honest opinion in hopes of helping.
those plants are going to STINK in flower.
If you are already concerned for the smell now you might want to consider starting over with low odor strains or getting a carbon filter and fan going.
Ona gel is an option too but can only get you so far.
Depending on plant size you could get away doing low odor strains in micro grows with only ona gel like i have.
The strains i would advise for low odor stealth grows that ive grown before for this purpose are shortstuff [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], sweet seeds dark devil, mephisto northern cheese haze, nirvana auto blue mystic, nirvana auto NL. You could always get a stinky pheno possibly too just fyi. But these strains were all low enough odor that ona gel took care of it when i grew them.
I Did each strain one plant at a time in a half gallon pot micro setup and yeilded 10-20g each time. The threads are in the micro section.

Also sorry if you mentioned it already but what kind of soil are you using? Looking at the pics it looks like its mostly just peat which is not going to drain good enough. but i could be wrong
If you can get some roots organics original soil that is going to be worth the cost. It has good drainage and starting ph.
I heard alot of cheap soils come with ph way off but ive only used roots original. Thats why its good to have a soil probe also(i use the accurate 8 soil probe)to check your soil ph before starting and during the grow. The probe also has a moisture meter that can help you figure out how much and when to water. Its a good tool to have but I try not to use the probe unless i have issues because i dont want to possibly damage or disturb any roots. Ive also seen moisture meters you can leave in the pot the whole grow but ive never tried those.
Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps.
:pass::vibes:

Last edited:
^ Thank you for you reply, man. The smell is a concern, but I think I will be able to control it by venting the room often and not allowing any smells to stay inside the apartment and permeate through the other parts of the living block. This is what I did on one of my previous grows and it worked for me. I believe that the plants will remain small because their initial growth was stunted, which in turn means less flowers and less smell. I do realize that some strains can be much stinkier than others, though.

The soil has peat moss instead of perlite to help hold moisture and improve drainage and aeration. It is a local East European brand of soil (I live in Eastern Europe). Unfortunately, I do not have access to all the cool soils that you USA growers have.
I do have a soil probe that measures pH, moisture and light intensity. Will check the pH these days, but like you said, this operation requires caution - the roots are still hair thin and can get easily damaged.

Will try to not overthink this grow. Will just let the little ladies do their thing.

Back