Indoor Sweet Skunk Auto & Tangelo Rapido Auto - Kush's Low Budget Grow

Today I chopped the Sweet Skunk down and trimmed the buds. This grow is officially over. What is left is drying and curing the precious nugs.
While I was trimming the Sweet Skunk, I noticed that its smell has changed from the stench of Shit to the sweetest aroma of Grapefruit. I love it and I hope it retains that grapefruity aroma after curing too.
Here is the harvest / yield:

Aweet SKunk Harvest Yield.jpg

Summary of all the problems and mistakes that slowed my plants down:

1. They lost almost one month of their development because their roots were struggling to penetrate the Jiffy pellet membranes and were unable to reach the soil. I will never use Jiffy pellets again.
2. They grew under exhausted and weak CFL bulbs for the majority of their life. They were eventually given decent LED light 2 months after they germinated, but obviously it was too late.
3. The Tangelo Rapido did not autoflower and converted to a photoperiod plant. Because of this, I had to switch to 12/12 for it to start flowering, but that 12/12 schedule probably killed a lot of Sweet Skunk's yielding potential.
4. The Tangelo Rapido developed Phosphorus deficiency and died. I had to harvest it way too early.

Live and learn.

That's it, folks! Thank you for following my grow log and I hope you have enjoyed it.
Will post back with the final dry weights of both plants. There will be a smoke report as well.

nice grow and journal :thumbsup: a job well done,enjoy :pass:
whats up next ?
happy hols.
:pighug:

nice grow and journal :thumbsup: a job well done,enjoy :pass:
whats up next ?
happy hols.
:pighug:
Thanks, this grow was a great learning experience for me.

Up next is another Sweet Skunk grow, this time in 5 gallon smart fabric pots and entirely under LED lights.

I may also plant the remaining Tangelo Rapido seeds outdoors - it is going to be a guerilla grow, a set-and-forget kind of scenario, where I will not be tending the plants at all and will let nature do its work for me. But this will happen after the winter is gone.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas! We all learn together here at afn.

Back