Indoor Sweet Skunk Auto & Tangelo Rapido Auto - Kush's Low Budget Grow

I just measured the soil pH of both pots. It is around 7.5 for the Sweet Skunk and around 7.0 for the Tangelo Rapido.

Did an experiment and used the soil probe on pure tap water in a glass. The tap water showed 7.0 pH.
Then I added some vinegar to the glass of water and this lowered the pH down to 4. Judging by this experiment, I think the probe works for pure water too. However, I don't know how accurate it is.

Sweet Skunk pH:
Sweet Skunk pH.jpg

Tangelo Rapido pH:
Tangelo Rapido pH.jpg

I used the light meter on this probe to adjust the LED light distance. Now the lights are further away from the plants and this lowered the temperature near the canopy significantly (down to 27 Celsius). Let's see if this would fix the heat stress problem.

I am thinking that the Tangelo Rapido may be needing more Nitrogen - it is lime green in color instead of dark green. Not sure if it is OK to up the Nitrogen while the plant is in its flowering phase, though.

The light will bleach them if too close. Dont do too much at once, it can make it worse. Can you get a cheap ph test kit with the drops you put in water?
I think the Tangelo Rapido is suffering from a combination of heat stress and light stress. The LED lights were indeed very close to the top of the canopy - around 6 inches. Now they are 12 inches above and let's see if this would fix the problem.
I can order a cheap pH test kit from China, but shipping normally takes between 1 and 2 months, which will make the purchase pointless.
Will have to work with what I have available. After all this is a low budget, ghetto grow - have nothing to lose, so I can afford to trail and error things until they get fixed.

I also think that the lime-green color of the whole Tangelo Rapido plant may be caused by overwatering. Guess that some strains don't require as much water as others. Will stop watering it for a week just to see how it would react.
I did a lot of experimenting with this grow and will continue to experiment in order to learn new things about Cannabis.

Today me and a friend of mine rolled a joint from some leaves that were collected during the Sweet Skunk defoliation. It was a mixture of fan leaves with just a few sugar leaves thrown in the mix. To those of you who wonder whether smoking leaves can get you high: the answer is yes, the leaves definitely can get you high and even stoned, depending on the strain and on how much you smoke. :smoking:
The taste is horrible and usually you have to smoke more, but the effect is there - in my case it was a mild, pleasant high.

The Tangelo Rapido is dying. It looks like shit.
I tried my best to save it - changed the pH of the soil and gave it the nutes that it needed, but it just would not recover.
This plant gave me a lot of trouble from the very beginning to the very end - first it was a very weak seedling, then it did not autoflower, and now it developed this deficiency problem...
I am not happy with this Barney's Farm product at all. Not happy with Barney's Farm as well - their customer support is as good as non-existent. They never replied to my mail.
Anyway, I was wondering: should I chop the Tangelo Rapido down or should I let it die off by itself, hoping for a miracle?
It is a pity that this plant is ending this way, because it smells divine - amazing aroma, nothing like the stench of the Sweet Skunk (which smells like shit, but grows without any problems).

This is what the Tangelo Rapido looks like today:
Tangelo Rapido.jpg

Tangelo Rapido Up Close.jpg

And here is the Sweet Skunk - nute burned and heavily abused, but still going strong. I took a closeup of the trichomes - no amber to be seen. Wonder how long it will take for it to develop amber trichomes.
Sweet Skunk.jpg

Sweet Skunk Closeup.jpg

Some never amber much. If you dont have white pistils its about over. Is it drinking?

No idea on the first girl, how close is the light? Have you posted in the infirmary?

a lot of plant problems look very similar to the opposite problems.ohh crap this is where i make an arse of trying to explain something.like underwaterd and overwatered look very similar.
could have confused nute burn with a splash of something on a slightly underfed/overwatered plant.flushed it and now the underfed and overwatered plant is starving ? no maybe not.
are both pots similar weight ?
good luck.
:pighug:

Some never amber much. If you dont have white pistils its about over. Is it drinking?

No idea on the first girl, how close is the light? Have you posted in the infirmary?
I still see white pistils here and there on the Sweet Skunk. I don't know if the plant is drinking or not, but it seems in good health (slightly nute burned).

The light is about 15 inches above the sick Tangelo Rapido plant.
I did post in the infirmary and the guys there said I am dealing with Phosphorus deficiency.

are both pots similar weight ?
The pots are identical in volume, but the one hosting the sick plant has a little bit less soil in it, maybe 1/8th less than the pot with the healthy plant.

Back