Tent Questions

Hi all...I didn't see anything specific on tent set ups and so forth...

So I'm going to sticky this thread for any questions and answers that you members with tents, can answer...

Also, if you have any pics of how your tent is set up, please post them...Pictures say a 1000 words...:thumbs:
Basically, as far as pics go, mostly looking for how yours is set up...Not so much about the plants...

Thanks for your cooperation and I hope this thread gets the attention that new tent buyers, like myself, can gain some info...:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
It says it replaces some 300watt lights like hps or cfl Using lower watts. LED lights are super efficient from the standpoint of the amount of light you get from each watt. But with growing you need to look at the spectrum of light it gives. You want a light thats full spectrum and can be used through every stage of growth. That gives you a good balance of color wavelengths along with IR that helps bud density and promotes terps and cannaboids.

Your right depends on what you exspect to get from your grow. You can get smaller strains like skywalker but I still think your underestimating the space you need. 3 gallon pots are as small as I go and one 300w led wont be enough for the amount your saying your growing. I dont doubt that plants will grow but they wont be nothing great. Youd get the same result from a space like that growing one plant through a microscrog instead of many. Microsog and Lollypoping are a great idea but I still think youd be better off building your own setup by hand you can make a growspace to blend into any space if your somwhat handy. My last house had a walk in closet and I built a entire 4 ×4 room inside the back of my closet with a magnetic push close latch. Noone ever knew was there.when we sold the house I said it was a safe room. Lol

Built one behind water softener tank with dummy walls in both sides, it was about 30” wide by 4.5” long but only grew in 30” by 40” space with 400 watt HPS ..... had 220 electric with 110 4-way in there along with temp regulated exhaust that went outside under a deck ..... to enter room you had to take out 2” thick insulation board custom tight fit between 2x4’s and then push up on a certain board, reach between false wall and slid a wooden wedge that allow a plywood panel in adjoining 2x4 space and then slide that board over and unlatch a small wooden door .... then you clawed into the room ....

We sold house after renting for ten years to the renter so we opted not to discolose , they may never find it.

I have an similar hideaway as well not as elaborate to get to it but youd have to know where to look to find it. I got inspiration from the movie inside man. If you have seen it you will know what I mean.

New marshydro 2x4 for photo’s. @MarshydroTina
D4936526-F624-40E5-8113-39E931F7DEB9.jpeg
695EAA21-C014-4B88-8084-EA639B6F8A3E.jpeg
E6358039-4D13-4E8D-ACF1-D83CC843D852.jpeg

Thanks Andy! Yea I am supper excited to have a more stealth and controlled environment! I am going to run photos and autos on the first run to see how it works out brother. Hoping to get 3-4 photos in 5.2 gallon airpots and 6-8 autos in 2 & 3.2 gallon airpots. Depends on whether I can mount the filter on the roof of the tent or it stays on the floor but all of that I will work out when I build the tent. I already have insulated duct and tape and I will grab some connectors after I know what I need.
Hi would like to make a small point, you will find your autos do there best in pots of 10ltr+.

I run 2 small tents. If on a budget, check out the Gorilla Light line.
Exhaust depends on how bad your heat is. If you battle heat, 6" intake and 8" passive. Passive at bottom, exhaust top. My intake draws in 72f temps.
Biggest thing for plant health, air movement inside tent..

Gorilla Light 2 x 2.5 x 6.7
It also has an 18" extension you can buy and zip on to extend height to 8ft.

I run a Spider Farmer SF1000 and 2 HLUX 40w each and have 1 on each side of the main light
20220124_123159.jpg
20220124_123133.jpg

Last edited:
Think about it like this .By sucking the air out , you will be bringing frsh cool air in . If you try to push the air in , it will come up aginst pressure and you won't get the air exchange you need/want.
The laws of cfm shall not be broken :). It really doesn’t matter whether you run neg or pos air pressure to achieve adequate air exchange… and even less important in early life stages of the plant as not as much is required.

The set up is always based on what you are trying to achieve… for example:

I have a 6” exhaust at the top of an 8x8 tent and a 6” outside the tent under a window.

In the spring and fall I have a lot of fine particle in the air so I predominantly run positive pressure (through carbon filter) as I don’t want neg-air pulling contaminants into my tent.

I almost always run positive a little higher but may flip it based on what I’m trying to do. During flower you have to run at least equal at times to dispel the hot air above the lights.

Back