Tent Questions

Hi all...I didn't see anything specific on tent set ups and so forth...

So I'm going to sticky this thread for any questions and answers that you members with tents, can answer...

Also, if you have any pics of how your tent is set up, please post them...Pictures say a 1000 words...:thumbs:
Basically, as far as pics go, mostly looking for how yours is set up...Not so much about the plants...

Thanks for your cooperation and I hope this thread gets the attention that new tent buyers, like myself, can gain some info...:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the first question for this thread is this:

Inside the tent, do I want my intake to be less than my exhaust?

For intake I'm using an inline duct booster 6'' with 160 cfm
My exhaust is through my hood which is an air cooled hood. My inline fan here is a 6'' 400 cfm pulling air through a Goblin Charcoal filter:
http://www.greners.com/charcoal-filter-goblin-and-elf.html

Tent size is 5' x 5' x 6.5'

This is my little secret jardin dr60 2x2x5 foot..iv got it squeezed in my kitchens pantry and iv got my 4 inch fan/filter in there,i dont have an intake fan,i open the vents a little as the pantry is vented with good air circ plus i dont wanna draw to much cool air or my temps drop to much.also got my blackstar LED and in one corner I have a 2ft t5 tube providing a little extra light and heat for the girls View attachment 60445 it's a tight little space but ideal for my small scale grows

I always go with less intake and more exhast . The idea being to create negative pressure to draw cool air in . most of the time I simply do passive intake .

Great, thanks Monkeypox...So I'm ok then?

This is my little secret jardin dr60 2x2x5 foot..iv got it squeezed in my kitchens pantry and iv got my 4 inch fan/filter in there,i dont have an intake fan,i open the vents a little as the pantry is vented with good air circ plus i dont wanna draw to much cool air or my temps drop to much.also got my blackstar LED and in one corner I have a 2ft t5 tube providing a little extra light and heat for the girls View attachment 60445 it's a tight little space but ideal for my small scale grows

This is good stuff Red eye c..love the pics...nice

So I'm ok then?

Think about it like this .By sucking the air out , you will be bringing frsh cool air in . If you try to push the air in , it will come up aginst pressure and you won't get the air exchange you need/want.

Here's a few pics of my tent...But I'm waiting on more goodies before I can get it all set up:

Secret Jardin DR150 II:

Attachments

• Secret Jorden DR150 grow tent in pieces.jpg
    Secret Jorden DR150 grow tent in pieces.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,900
  • Secret Jorden DR150 grow tent together with light on floor.jpg
    Secret Jorden DR150 grow tent together with light on floor.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2,121
  • tent with temp. hung hood b..JPG
    tent with temp. hung hood b..JPG
    333.7 KB · Views: 2,097
  • tent with temporary hung hood c..jpg
    tent with temporary hung hood c..jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,969
Woot woot!!! :dance::dance: Congrats bro, that is an effing badass setup! Gotta feel good to see it all taking shape, huh.

Yeah KS, I've been wanting a tent from day 1...Since this is my first tent set up, I kinda thought this would be a good thread for us "tent beginners" to learn from...

Tents are awesome. Currently have 3. 4x4x4 6.3x6.3x6.3 and 4x8x6.5. Got them all off ebay and they work great. Especially the ones with zippers on both front and back. makes watering a lot easier. Also if you're running co2 tank and regulator it saves a lot of co2

Back