The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

ok....well....i haven't made any kinda update, cuz quite simply, it'z been damn sloooow growin here, argh :nono: i mean technically, yes, they are actually growing, but at a snail'z fuckin pace :wall: i'm only hopin it'z been a matter of the rootz findin their legz as it were & that they'll really start pickin up now :shrug: u can tell by their "born" datez that a couple of em are 2 weekz old now....yeah, kinda pitiful :nono: but meh, whatcha gonna do....i'm jus gonna let em go on & hope for the best :shrug: anyway, first pic is 4 of the 5 out for a lil sunbath & bottom pic is the grandpa'z exodus photo from @Jean-O that was jus born yesterday ;) so far, the runtz & skunk hero 22 seem to be the front runnerz, but i still ain't makin any official entriez yet til they're a little further along ;) ppp

lemon skunk, green scout cookiez, runtz & skunk hero 22 photoz....:smokeit:

20230521_134642.jpg

grandpa'z exodus photo...
.:smokeit:

20230522_115028.jpg

@Waira update on the photoperiods.
Skunk Hero 22F1 looking nice and adapting to her new permanent home.
20230522_174433.jpg

Crazy Kush S1 appears to have started to flower, I believe a mishap on my behalf with the transition outdoors with a bit of a light decrease. I still haven't quite figured out the FVs outdoors. I think next year I will wait till June to transplant the FV crosses outdoors. Definitely info im going to add to the strain description, im hoping to gather quite a bit of information this summer with these creations im playing with.
20230522_174452.jpg

20230522_174508.jpg

Speed Racer S1 looking very happy. She looks a lot like the Lilac Diesel mother that I grew in this exact spot 2 years ago.
20230522_174541.jpg

Devils Lettuce S1 non comp plant is looking tough. If this plant throws down outdoors anything like it does indoors I'll definitely have a lot of this to share around come fall!
20230522_174423.jpg

So far it appears only the Crazy Kush, and the 2 C99 FV Crosses I got from Waira have been affected by the transition to the outdoors. The Cream Cheeze F1Fv doesn't seem to be affected at all which is weird to me because her sister im running indoors ended up going full auto on me...

Crazy Kush S1 appears to have started to flower, I believe a mishap on my behalf with the transition outdoors with a bit of a light decrease. I still haven't quite figured out the FVs outdoors. I think next year I will wait till June to transplant the FV crosses outdoors. Definitely info im going to add to the strain description, im hoping to gather quite a bit of information this summer with these creations im playing with.

Those FV's flip a month or so earlier than normal photos is what i've experienced. So putting them out too early would make em flip, as the light is about the same at May 7th and August 1st. You will end up with a reveg dense bush that will require a lot of pruning is me hunch. Ive had a couple reveg plants in me past and they were crazy dense. Your garden is beautiful brother! :greenthumb:

They look great my man- :d5:... but getting them to "behave"-:doh: :rofl:
...like we were talking about at your thread, F1 photo x auto crosses that I've seen to date have run the gamut for behavior despite what-all the the so-called recessive allele deal dictates. We have seen enough divergence from this to reject it as being that simple, no doubt anymore in my mind at least, and wiser more experienced breeders concur...
You can never really be sure what will happen! You recall the C99a x Punto Rojo girls I ran last year? Same C99a, even as a mother, and at F3 I just saw a finished 44 plant grow of them and zero auto's showed...:shrug:...caveat being that he didn't select for auto's, but for PR leaning pheno's and potency. A couple grown by others did show auto'ing, but it's way off the mark for the "usual" pattern %'s...
What did show is consistently faster cycle times; PR is a 14 weeker in bloom, at least! Those two littles of mine, about 6 weeks, the big grow about 8 (indoors, group big tub grow)...

MoB/OGK mother was no auto in it, 100% sure, though MoB is a 6 week bloomer outdoors...
The question of whether such crosses are hair-triggered or outright auto's isn't always clear unless, like your indoor one, which bloomed under 18/6 after 40 days...

CK S1, how long indoor and under longer light hours vs. local ambient outside? I don't let mine stay under 14+ for more than 2 weeks tops before acclimating them to current light hours (13-ish), I'm too paranoid! :rofl:

We'll have more to see though with me this year, so keep your mental data book open!
I have a private bred Ultra Early Love (Potion), made in much higher Lat's, that the breeder suspects may hair trigger on me no matter what...No auto in her though!
Also have LHB's Asian Haze F1 semi-auto, and a mates Miss K semi-auto (forget if shes F1 or 2, but in the works toward full auto)...
Both T20M girls, Humboldt Affy and Sour Strawburied are the fastest in their photo line-up, so a sorta of baseline there to compare against with fast fully photo's....

Meantime, you're welcome to pick another girl to swap out Jean, it's all school time for us with this stuff and it's all valuable info and insight! :greenthumb: ...I got eyes for Speed Racer, I really want to run that girl just coz she's shown such strong Lilac D' traits consistently, particularly the aromatics!

Those FV's flip a month or so earlier than normal photos is what i've experienced. So putting them out too early would make em flip, as the light is about the same at May 7th and August 1st. You will end up with a reveg dense bush that will require a lot of pruning is me hunch. Ive had a couple reveg plants in me past and they were crazy dense. Your garden is beautiful brother! :greenthumb:
Exactly mate! Most breeders of fast fully photo's and those with any auto in them regardless of F-gen or breeding direction caution about this transition from ID light hours to OD's... Remember GTG's Green Crack and the other F1 FV type he had did exactly that, started blooming, stalled, reveg'ed and then bloomed normally... made for some wonky looking plants though and buds were not what they should have been if I recall rightly...

BTW, what's your scoop this season, oh 2-time Champion?:jointman: :wiz:

Last edited:
Kyote entry 5/23
Ok.. got sometin goin on now so here we go.... :smokeit:

Finally got hold of a Texada Timewarp clone. It's a clone as this is the real deal, from 50 years ago when a bunch of draft dodgers came up here to Vancouver Island to dodge the draft. This is the strain they came up with, and this clone is direct lineage from the original Timewarp. There are seeds for this strain, but the original is a particular pheno, and with the seeds, hard to say what ya end up with.

The Blueberry is a gift, as I had to drive up north island to pick up the timewarp. So that will go in the ground as well. Didn't plan on running 2 photos this year, butz that is the plan now.

These were cut on the 11th or 12th of May, and i picked em up on the 13th. They are rooted well now, shooting out new leaves, so time to stick em in here. I'll be up potting when i get around to it, or maybe go directly in the ground if weather permits.
photos.jpg

So that'z that for now .. good grows this summer family! :pass:

Time's getting away from me, this month is gone batshit fast
snap-out-of-it.gif
.... I mixed the photo soil up today finally!
Tent Auto's well under way, and awaiting their photo sisters to arrive in a couple-few weeks...

Final roll-call:
- Miss K semi'- a must run(obliged)
- Spice Rose- (ditto), made by T20 Adam with my Rosa from last year x The Spice
- Asian Haze semi' (LBH)
- UEL
- Grenadine "Mystery" girl, maybe a cross, maybe pure (errant pollen)... I have a Cereal Milk that's the same deal as a back-up, or maybe (non-mystery) Collins Ave.
- Humboldt Affy (T20M)
- Sour Strawburied (T20M)

With luck, I'll be in the soup here officially in a few weeks or so! :yay:

They look great my man- :d5:... but getting them to "behave"-:doh: :rofl:
...like we were talking about at your thread, F1 photo x auto crosses that I've seen to date have run the gamut for behavior despite what-all the the so-called recessive allele deal dictates. We have seen enough divergence from this to reject it as being that simple, no doubt anymore in my mind at least, and wiser more experienced breeders concur...
You can never really be sure what will happen! You recall the C99a x Punto Rojo girls I ran last year? Same C99a, even as a mother, and at F3 I just saw a finished 44 plant grow of them and zero auto's showed...:shrug:...caveat being that he didn't select for auto's, but for PR leaning pheno's and potency. A couple grown by others did show auto'ing, but it's way off the mark for the "usual" pattern %'s...
What did show is consistently faster cycle times; PR is a 14 weeker in bloom, at least! Those two littles of mine, about 6 weeks, the big grow about 8 (indoors, group big tub grow)...

MoB/OGK mother was no auto in it, 100% sure, though MoB is a 6 week bloomer outdoors...
The question of whether such crosses are hair-triggered or outright auto's isn't always clear unless, like your indoor one, which bloomed under 18/6 after 40 days...

CK S1, how long indoor and under longer light hours vs. local ambient outside? I don't let mine stay under 14+ for more than 2 weeks tops before acclimating them to current light hours (13-ish), I'm too paranoid! :rofl:

We'll have more to see though with me this year, so keep your mental data book open!
I have a private bred Ultra Early Love (Potion), made in much higher Lat's, that the breeder suspects may hair trigger on me no matter what...No auto in her though!
Also have LHB's Asian Haze F1 semi-auto, and a mates Miss K semi-auto (forget if shes F1 or 2, but in the works toward full auto)...
Both T20M girls, Humboldt Affy and Sour Strawburied are the fastest in their photo line-up, so a sorta of baseline there to compare against with fast fully photo's....

Meantime, you're welcome to pick another girl to swap out Jean, it's all school time for us with this stuff and it's all valuable info and insight! :greenthumb: ...I got eyes for Speed Racer, I really want to run that girl just coz she's shown such strong Lilac D' traits consistently, particularly the aromatics!

Exactly mate! Most breeders of fast fully photo's and those with any auto in them regardless of F-gen or breeding direction caution about this transition from ID light hours to OD's... Remember GTG's Green Crack and the other F1 FV type he had did exactly that, started blooming, stalled, reveg'ed and then bloomed normally... made for some wonky looking plants though and buds were not what they should have been if I recall rightly...

BTW, what's your scoop this season, oh 2-time Champion?:jointman: :wiz:

Uhhh .. 3 time photo, 1 time auto butz who's counting :smokeit:2020 was Green Poison F1 FV, 2021 was Blackberry Gum,, and 2022 was Snow G photo and Muchacha auto :vibe:

Finally got hold of a Texada Timewarp clone. It's a clone as this is the real deal, from 50 years ago when a bunch of draft dodgers came up here to Vancouver Island to dodge the draft. This is the strain they came up with, and this clone is direct lineage from the original Timewarp. There are seeds for this strain, but the original is a particular pheno, and with the seeds, hard to say what ya end up with.

The Blueberry is a gift, as I had to drive up north island to pick up the timewarp. So that will go in the ground as well. Didn't plan on running 2 photos this year, butz that is the plan now.
THAT, I'ma look forward too! I know a couple other private breeders who love the real deal TTW, made lots of crosses as well...
Any auto's OD this year?

Uhhh .. 3 time photo, 1 time auto butz who's counting :smokeit:2020 was Green Poison F1 FV, 2021 was Blackberry Gum,, and 2022 was Snow G photo and Muchacha auto :vibe:
:crying:right, I lost count already! :baked:

Back