The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

RBF in a 30gal with a good mix with one flower top dress would just come down to training and give her some room.
How long did your OD RBF go? As frosty as mine is this early in flower, she'll probably be the first I send off for testing. I'm not gonna give a flying F what the bud to leaf ratio is with this one with how frosty the sugar leaves are. I've seen this frost before, just not this damn early. If it's too high of a ratio for an easy trim up, I'll just turn her all to hash................save some for cobbing! :eyebrows:
Holy crap Billy, that RBF is just smothered, exactly on point too in fact! This cross is showing like I've not seen in years hands down- :clapper:
Jean struck a gold vein with this resin machine!
Ditto for me on the sugar leaves, I just left most of them... Forget dry trimming in any case, there's zero chance of peeling them off the bud proper with that resin, they're glued down...

Mine was no measure for size/speed, not sure why... 9L pot, maybe too cool, but whatever the case, she was very petite, made small iron solid buds, and finished in about 8 weeks. Yield was very low of course, but all of it prime, and reviews from the lucky few were blown-away grade.
The aroma was really a star, namesake all the way- :thumbsup:
There is beasty-size potential in her, we've seen that for sure...
I think generally she's not a "fat" bud maker, they'll form up leaner and very dense; yours looks to be doing just this. Just wait for the dry stuff to land man, chopping it up is like chopping semi-gooey hash because of the resin content! It really doesn't fluff, just makes smaller bits and coats the scissor blades... Grinders NOT recommended- :rofl:
Here are my 18 strains I have selected to grow outdoors this year.
I'm not entering as a competition grower but will post along as just a guerrilla grower.
13 of the strains are heavy hitting indicas and 6 are balanced hybrids.
As usual, a smorgasbord of delights mate! :d5:
We'll be happy to have you aboard however ya can... Happy hunting on the new spot(s)
goodluck.gif

I have several of the RBF going outdoors this year looking to gather some good info on them this summer on how they perform od. I got my fingers crossed for one of the freak phenotypes that gets a nice long veg! I don't think I could possibly have enough of that tasty meds.
As good a test as can be arranged Jean, you have challenging weather for sure.
Will you do a with-w/o RotBlock trial? Her native resistance should be tested but it'd be hard to just let a plant potentially get hammered...
How did her parents fare outside, I don't recall? I'd say the biggest concern is the sheer density, even with all that resin and the anti-fungal properties of the terp's, they really aren't "out there" to defend the tissues where botrytis often strikes...

Her size and speed will be interesting to see as well- :thumbsup: ...in-ground and/or pots?

Holy crap Billy, that RBF is just smothered, exactly on point too in fact! This cross is showing like I've not seen in years hands down- :clapper:
Jean struck a gold vein with this resin machine!
Ditto for me on the sugar leaves, I just left most of them... Forget dry trimming in any case, there's zero chance of peeling them off the bud proper with that resin, they're glued down...

Mine was no measure for size/speed, not sure why... 9L pot, maybe too cool, but whatever the case, she was very petite, made small iron solid buds, and finished in about 8 weeks. Yield was very low of course, but all of it prime, and reviews from the lucky few were blown-away grade.
The aroma was really a star, namesake all the way- :thumbsup:
There is beasty-size potential in her, we've seen that for sure...
I think generally she's not a "fat" bud maker, they'll form up leaner and very dense; yours looks to be doing just this. Just wait for the dry stuff to land man, chopping it up is like chopping semi-gooey hash because of the resin content! It really doesn't fluff, just makes smaller bits and coats the scissor blades... Grinders NOT recommended- :rofl:

As usual, a smorgasbord of delights mate! :d5:
We'll be happy to have you aboard however ya can... Happy hunting on the new spot(s) View attachment 1597038

As good a test as can be arranged Jean, you have challenging weather for sure.
Will you do a with-w/o RotBlock trial? Her native resistance should be tested but it'd be hard to just let a plant potentially get hammered...
How did her parents fare outside, I don't recall? I'd say the biggest concern is the sheer density, even with all that resin and the anti-fungal properties of the terp's, they really aren't "out there" to defend the tissues where botrytis often strikes...

Her size and speed will be interesting to see as well- :thumbsup: ...in-ground and/or pots?
I'll be doing both in ground and in fabric pots with coco. I do have some Rot Block on the way but I will be testing some all natural as well.

Those FV's flip a month or so earlier than normal photos is what i've experienced. So putting them out too early would make em flip, as the light is about the same at May 7th and August 1st. You will end up with a reveg dense bush that will require a lot of pruning is me hunch. Ive had a couple reveg plants in me past and they were crazy dense. Your garden is beautiful brother! :greenthumb:
I do think once I get the FVs figured out a little better that they will work great for my area and those who don't get a long or decent flowering season. There is definitely a place for them in my garden and so far all of my issues with them are my fault. I have another new F1 FV strain from crossing the Dead Head OG with my WMD I just germinated I'm hoping to plant it in a week or so and see how they perform planting later in the summer. I'm also working on a few F1 FV using the RBF S2. Lots of fun projects in the mix with plenty of testing that will need done!

I do think once I get the FVs figured out a little better that they will work great for my area and those who don't get a long or decent flowering season. There is definitely a place for them in my garden and so far all of my issues with them are my fault. I have another new F1 FV strain from crossing the Dead Head OG with my WMD I just germinated I'm hoping to plant it in a week or so and see how they perform planting later in the summer. I'm also working on a few F1 FV using the RBF S2. Lots of fun projects in the mix with plenty of testing that will need done!

Well if i'm a still sucking air next year, i'd be happy to test run a couple of the Fv's to see what they do if you like. :mrgreen:

I got my un-opened package and plan to mix some up this weekend to do the initial spraying on the seedlings.

I add a couple drops of Dr Bronner's peppermint soap as a surfactant and as a bug repellent butz ya probably know that already :smokeit:

@Waira official photo comp replacement for the Crazy Kush is the Devils Lettuce S1 from my collection. I'm still going to finish out the Crazy Kush which appears to be revegging now but it really stalled out after it started to flower with the outdoor sunlight hours.
This Devils Lettuce S1 is very happy however which also has the FV Green Poison in its lineage which was also one of the parent strains in the Crazy Kush cross.

20230526_165849.jpg
20230526_165903.jpg
20230526_165907.jpg
20230526_165846.jpg

Back