New Grower 2budz “In over my head” grow

Nice. ive got a small tent, think im going to try a bunch of small pots next round as well. Definitely along for the ride now.
Only downside of small pots, there is a very fine line between over and under watered. They dry out really quickly. You have to establish a routine pretty early on and really pay attention to what the plants are telling you.

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of mixing FFHF & FFOF in small pots? I understand larger pots as u want a little boost to FFHF, but in a 1 gal pot in addition to liquid Nutes? I look forward to learning.

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of mixing FFHF & FFOF in small pots? I understand larger pots as u want a little boost to FFHF, but in a 1 gal pot in addition to liquid Nutes? I look forward to learning.
That’s actually a really good question. Just about every person that I’ve told I use HF has said “oh yea, that’s great but you should mix it with OF”. So, I grabbed a bag from a friend to try it. We’ll see if there’s any difference. I’m going to see how long I can actually go before I have to feed.
*I should have been more clear on the people telling me to mix it. I have several local friends that work for big grow ops and they’ve all told me to mix it.

Last edited:
My buddy that gave me the OF told me that if your tips of your leaves don’t have a little nutrient burn you’re not feeding enough lol. He showed me how to measure PPM for feeding but I don’t want to get into all that right now.

That’s actually a really good question. Just about every person that I’ve told I use HF has said “oh yea, that’s great but you should mix it with OF”. So, I grabbed a bag from a friend to try it. We’ll see if there’s any difference. I’m going to see how long I can actually go before I have to feed.
*I should have been more clear on the people telling me to mix it. I have several local friends that work for big grow ops and they’ve all told me to mix it.
Also interested. I wish you well. I suspect that in larger pot(5+gal), mixing has its benefit, but if you are using liquid Nutes, I would think the simplest of base soils is desired in 1 gal pots.

My only concern would be how the seeds do during germination since u are planting directly. :goodluck:

Ive seen transplanted plants in a hf/of mix, not a direct planting. Looking forward to your success. I reserve the right to get smarter.

My only concern would be how the seeds do during germination since u are planting directly. :goodluck:

Ive seen transplanted plants in a hf/of mix, not a direct planting. Looking forward to your success. I reserve the right to get smarter.
I currently have a plant going in a 1 liter pot that I direct germed in the hottest soil I could make. She was an experiment where I did everything wrong according to what we all know and read. She’s very healthy and hasn’t had a single issue. I’ve fed her full doses of nutes since day 1 and she’s loved it. Only issue I’ve had with her is some overwatering but in a small pot sometimes it’s hard to get it dialed. I have it down now.
D1AE3C1E-B674-432A-8B08-D64F7B722CAA.jpeg

I definitely don’t recommend doing what I’ve done to her ^ but it does give me reassurance that barring any actual seed issues I will get sprouts in this mixed soil.

I definitely don’t recommend doing what I’ve done to her ^ but it does give me reassurance that barring any actual seed issues I will get sprouts in this mixed soil.
I’m also finding “rules of thumb” to be guides.

Back