New Grower 2budz “In over my head” grow

I’m also finding “rules of thumb” to be guides.
100%. There’s very few hard facts I’ve come to agree with during this whole adventure. At the end of the day every plant is different as well as the environment. What I did as a test on that plant may very well have killed another (which is what I expected based on everything I’ve read).

I currently have a plant going in a 1 liter pot that I direct germed in the hottest soil I could make. She was an experiment where I did everything wrong according to what we all know and read.

Your Jason Alexander approach is AWESOME! Now I have to try it too.

Your Jason Alexander approach is AWESOME! Now I have to try it too.
lol. Honestly, I just wanted to see what would happen. And I’ve been surprised by everything. When I started my first auto I had been reading for months about how much different they are from photos and not topping and if you do top do it between 14-21. And my first couple of autos sucked. Produced good medicine just not enough. So I just started treating them more like a photo and so far so good. I’m doing better with my seat of the pants approach than I do following everyone else’s suggestions. That’s not to take away from the more experienced people here. I’ve just found different things that work better for me through trial and error. Topping is the prime example which is why I mentioned it. I don’t care what day the plant is on, I look for at least 7-8 nodes typically and starting to throw pistils. It works for me. That 14-21 day window has stunted my plants and I suspect it’s because I am growing in smaller pots. But I would suggest people growing in bigger pots to try it the way I do it. You might be surprised.

lol. Honestly, I just wanted to see what would happen. And I’ve been surprised by everything. When I started my first auto I had been reading for months about how much different they are from photos and not topping and if you do top do it between 14-21. And my first couple of autos sucked. Produced good medicine just not enough. So I just started treating them more like a photo and so far so good. I’m doing better with my seat of the pants approach than I do following everyone else’s suggestions. That’s not to take away from the more experienced people here. I’ve just found different things that work better for me through trial and error. Topping is the prime example which is why I mentioned it. I don’t care what day the plant is on, I look for at least 7-8 nodes typically and starting to throw pistils. It works for me. That 14-21 day window has stunted my plants and I suspect it’s because I am growing in smaller pots. But I would suggest people growing in bigger pots to try it the way I do it. You might be surprised.
I've been growing for one year (photos and autos) and until recently my yields were terrible. I've seen solo grows online that probably did better than I did in my 7 gallon pots.

I started going to larger pots and that made all the difference in the world. I have a photo in a 25 gallon pot that is massive and I'm hoping for a pound but will settle for 10 ounces. My next auto sprouted yesterday (Mango Smile) and it's going into a #25 as well.

I'm kind of like you in that I did a lot of research but do my own thing just because I'm learning and/or confirming or disproving some of the conflicting info out there.

I've been growing for one year (photos and autos) and until recently my yields were terrible. I've seen solo grows online that probably did better than I did in my 7 gallon pots.

I started going to larger pots and that made all the difference in the world. I have a photo in a 25 gallon pot that is massive and I'm hoping for a pound but will settle for 10 ounces. My next auto sprouted yesterday (Mango Smile) and it's going into a #25 as well.

I'm kind of like you in that I did a lot of research but do my own thing just because I'm learning and/or confirming or disproving some of the conflicting info out there.
I’ve grown photos outdoors off and on since I was 15. Never produced anything worth while just dropping seeds from bags. My first auto produced better product than anything I’d ever grown before. Just not much of it. But yea, I just kind of do what works for me. Like I said I don’t say anything to discredit or take away from the OG’s here, I just share what’s been working for me.

I think when I get back to indoor stuff this fall I will run 4 3 gallon pots in this tent instead of the smaller pots. Just out of curiosity and to see if I can get a bigger harvest from less but bigger pots. Plus I think after watering and caring for 12 plants at a time I’ll probably not be in a hurry to have that many going at the same time again lol. Then again, it may be a breeze. Gonna be another thing I just have to figure out on my own.

For this grow I'm doing 5 strains from @Jean-O and 2 from Mephisto. I changed up my soil this time, I usually run Happy Frog but I mixed it about 60/40 with Ocean Forest. I will only be using Gold Leaf AIO nutes with Fish Sh!t, probably at lower doses and feeding every water. We will see how that goes. Direct germ in soil. Light is Spider Farmer SF2000. Wish Me Luck!

View attachment 1408823
View attachment 1408826
Awesome! Can’t wait to see how it comes out. Nice to see someone else is growing SOG on this forum. Are you going to try to stunt their growth at all? 12 autos in a 32x32 tent might be too crowded. I posted 6 plant 32x32 tent SOG grow in your other thread, and the space was definitely maxed out. You can check out how crowded it gets with 10 plants in a 4x2 tent in the ILGM GG-4 crop I just posted.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see how it comes out. Nice to see someone else is growing SOG on this forum. Are you going to try to stunt their growth at all? 12 autos in a 32x32 tent might be too crowded. I posted 6 plant 32x32 tent SOG grow in your other thread, and the space was definitely maxed out. You can check out how crowded it gets with 10 plants in a 4x2 tent in the ILGM GG-4 crop I just posted.
Just topping them. They shouldn’t get taller than 24 inches so I don’t think it’ll be to bad. I know the double grapes do tend to grow pretty tall so we will see.

Just topping them. They shouldn’t get taller than 24 inches so I don’t think it’ll be to bad. I know the double grapes do tend to grow pretty tall so we will see.
Hope you have another tent on standby!

Back