AFN Myth Busters 2017

When I pot up, i sling some dirt in a pot, move the plant to the pot and dump in some dirt. I fill the pot 90% full no matter how deep vin the plant is lol. I've buried 1 to 1.5 inches without a problem. I had one photo period ( don't remember the strain, that died after transplant. It may have however, been root rot not stem rot. I'd say and helthy plant with no damage on the stem will take burying deeper with not problem. If you use soil, you top dress right?

The act of transplanting itself probably does more, transplanting causes explosive root growth. some auto growers use a technique call tiering, as supposedly autos don't like being transplanted ( a MYTH, i've transplanted hundreds of autos ) that I feel restricts root development by forcing them through a small opening. Just tranplant them damned thing lol!

You make a fair point about top dressing actually. Everybody is essentially covering the stem to some degree. Never thought of it that way! I also totally agree with transplanting photosensitive although perfect timing seems a large factor with auto's. I start/finish in the same pot personally. Each to their own! Thank you for clearing that one up for me pop! I would imagine a big ' I told you so' is coming from my compadre!

I will have to make do with that then. And leave the tech ganga growing to the masters. Shakespeare was forced down me neck from a young age. Forsooth that is why I spaketh in traditional and verily ye olde linguistic prose. Forthwith and notwithstanding, one can witter on for eons asunder without divulging any such snippets of interest to any gregarious dandyman of insurmountable wit or wonder with no remorse for his or her merriment.

I recall one such frivolous but humorous incident in local assizes (court) when one defendant, my good chum Biddy, said when asked if he had anything to say before sentencing ......

"Your Honor, this is a travesty of justice. If I dare utter such a word as justice in this comedy of a trial. Today, was a black day for equality, fairness and humanity in the face of a court that technically represents our Royal Majesty in all that is honest and decent in our Great British judiciary. You sir are an ass and so is the law. I shall say no more before you hold me in contempt. Which is what I most certainly hold you, the law and your ilk"

The judge then asked my chum "Batto" if he had anything to say........................he replied "er....yeah......fuck off ! "

Two sides of the same coin !
Best thing I've read in months. Lmao
:slap:

@pop22 @Ash-a-Ton just been trawling through this old thread and found your discussion on plants yielding more or bushing out due to stress or exposing the stems to light.
I use the autopot system remotely (I have someone to up the res once to twice a week as I'm overseas a lot, so watch from my cam) so I can't do any LST or defoliation.
What immediately popped into my head was...
Once the girls have passed, say week 3-4 and pre-flowers are widespread, do you think a strip of LEDs lying face up, spanning a row of pots would enhance growth in any way.
Wondering if this has been tried and tested?

This particular plant I have had accidental damage. Maybe biggest I have grown yet

But I'm noticing. Every time I really expose the stalks. The plants seem to almost grow out to protect the stalk. Like the fans move and grow bigger. Branches cover it back up.

Been playing with that thought. But the damage testing. I like it.

And supports the theory of stressed branches.

I've used bottom lighting in the past when I still used burple lights. It most certainly helped! i had no popcorn at all. Many buds were still small but they were rock solid!

I'd get a couple QB 120 or QB 132. run them 4-8 hours a day, you see a difference!

@pop22 @Ash-a-Ton just been trawling through this old thread and found your discussion on plants yielding more or bushing out due to stress or exposing the stems to light.
I use the autopot system remotely (I have someone to up the res once to twice a week as I'm overseas a lot, so watch from my cam) so I can't do any LST or defoliation.
What immediately popped into my head was...
Once the girls have passed, say week 3-4 and pre-flowers are widespread, do you think a strip of LEDs lying face up, spanning a row of pots would enhance growth in any way.
Wondering if this has been tried and tested?

Thanks pop. I was thinking something along these lines...
LM301B strips
Screenshot_20190122-181622_eBay.jpg

Cheap to run and wouldn't take up much space or create much heat and they'd fit on top of the pots right up close to the main stem.

Hermy resistant strains?

Tell me it isn't so?

Got some beans that have been exposed to residual light for about four generations now. Is it possible to breed in this result? Or is the residual light thing just a myth?

Hey @Mizzo81 :pass:

there's a big difference between stress related hermaphorites and the genetically prone. I doubt either could be "fixed" that way. I would think light exposure would reduce viability and possibly introduce MORE genetics defects, not reduce them. This is definitely a "show me the science" one because until then, I say its a myth!
Hermy resistant strains?

Tell me it isn't so?

Got some beans that have been exposed to residual light for about four generations now. Is it possible to breed in this result? Or is the residual light thing just a myth?

Hey @Mizzo81 :pass:

Back