Dutch Passion DP Autoultimate 2 plant Outdoor Grow/Med smoke report

G.Leave

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

This review is based on two plants. One of the 2 plant broke the grounds surface with a yellowed cotyledon and it slowed her growth alot for the first 14 days. I nicknamed her "Stunty" and planted her in a limited light location which only gets 7 hours of direct sun at best.

The second plant i put in the full sun garden where she gets full sun all day long, i nicknamed this plant maximus ultimus(for reasons explained in the pics of her)

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Autoultimate

Did it autoflower?: Y/N Yes, both plants did around day 30.

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: One plant i used a regular transplant(stunty), and Maximus i used a new idea that worked incredible which i call "instatransplant" pots(pic below).

Main stalk height: Stunty 43", Maximus 41"

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, AN Big Bud, AN Overdrive, AN Sensizym, AN Cal/mag Xtra, AN Nirvana, AN B-52, Foxfarm Cha-ching(maximus), AN Flawless Finish(maximus)

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 26. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st.

From seed to harvest date: 102days(stunty), 97 days (maximus)

Dry Yield: 123g Stunty, Maximus 245grams(tossed 2oz to mold)

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 5/10 Hmm tough one...it was a humid midsummer throughout flower with an average of 70-75% humidity. By the end both plants were getting moldy, and i had to throw quite a bit away from both.

Insect Resistance 8/10 Had some minimal rainbow leaf hopper troubles on Stunty early on. Didnt matter as she outgrew and damage caused easily.

Bud to leaf ratio 7/10 Pretty good amount of bud to leaf absolutely!! Even stunty in limited light had a good amount of bud to leaf.

Bud Density 9/10 Maximus, rock hard buds.

7/10 Stunty, kind of loose but only 7 hours of sun!! In full sun she would be a 9 i bet easy.

Tolerance to Nutrients 8/10 - I accidently overfertilized with a strong dose, Maximus took it well, a bit of slouching, but not bad at all. A quick fluch and she bounced back very quickly.

Tolerance to Wind 29/10 This plant would still be standing through a hurricnado (combination of a hurricane + tornado)

Tolerance to Cold 8/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Minimal stress showing on the ultimates, and rapid bounce back.

Trichome Production 8/10 Stunty, quite intense production for the limited sun garden.

8/10 Maximus, again nice production

Ease of Training 7/10 Easy to train early on, but get it in early, and branches and main stalk become quite rigid once they thicken.

Scent Strength 8/10 Stunty, a very nice strong fruity smell..i'd say almst grapefruit citrus with a shot of pine...nice

7/10 Maximus...i screwed up here fellas, so the rating is low because of my drying place. It got really hot throughout the first few days of drying maximus and much of the smell was lost due to the "rapidodry".

General ease of growing 7/10 Lost points simply due to mold...other wise this would be an incredible 9/10 rating

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 5/10 Humid(70%+) during flower period climate

10/10 Dry climate during flower period(40-60%rh)

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 6/10 - This strain doesnt do much for the migranes(but very few strains do for my spinal chord induced migrane headaches), but also doesnt effect them in a negative way.

Muscle tension/spasms 8/10 -Both plants shut down muscle spasms in my back quite quickly and efficiently.

Severe Chronic Pain 6/10 - Hmm not a cure all strain for my severe chronic pain from a spinal chord injury. It does help though.

Anxiety/Depression 5/10 - At points i found the buzz of stunty to be somewhat racey. I dont have problems with it, but i could see it being a potential issue if really medicated in a public place.

High Effect 7/10 - A nice strong head and body stone. Certainly a hybrid buzz.

High Duration 9/10 Both stunty and maximus have a very long lasting buzz. With one good joint, i am ripped for 3 hours, and still feel the effects at 4.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 6.8/10

Final Thoughts - If you live in a humid place then keep looking. If you live in a dry environment and want heavy yields with quality smoke, grow a giant Ultimate!! Really this strain is aptly named...Ultimate!! If it wasnt for the mold factor this strain would be in my garden for a long time!! Even with the mold taken into account, i have to try one again next year!

Stunty:
IMG_4022.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

Dried:
IMG_4044.JPG

Closeup of dry bud:
IMG_4045.JPG

Maximus Overview
IMG_4054.JPG

Maximus Main cola
IMG_4051.JPG

Main stalk
IMG_4059.JPG

INstatransplant DIY pots
IMG_4061.JPG

Dried Bud
IMG_4063.JPG

Closeup
IMG_4064.JPG

Wow thats amazing. Im trying to decide what strains to grow next summer outside. I would be all organic so no nutes at all. What do you think one would yield without nutes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wow thats amazing. Im trying to decide what strains to grow next summer outside. I would be all organic so no nutes at all. What do you think one would yield without nutes?

Hey...have a look at the outdoor category as I just wrote an outdoor guide that might help you out! I would think that a properly prepared supersoil would grow out AU excellent. Cant say on yield different versus nutes. If you live in a dry part of the world I would definitely give AU a go.

Im in northeast USA ill take a look. Thank you very much

:headbang:... must have gotten buried fast 'GS, I missed it too, though I don't patrol the SR's like I used too-- my bad! :doh: I blame too much site work,..:rofl: In fact, I notice that SR aren't hit as much in general as they used to be,.. might have to throw up something on the rolling banner above about it,... SR are an great research resource for strain choosing! :thumbsup:
.... :clapper: Excellent review and template my friend, much more detail and relevancy that the usual SR's! The bud looks great, and surprisingly, built much the same as indoor,.. AU is just prone to making open structured bud, with lots of clumpy fox-tailing! Maxi's bud tops look like Maori war club heads! :dizzy: .. dry bud looks stellar, and it seems they compressed down significantly.. nothing airy about those nugg's! ... I think some curing time might settle down the racy-buzz on stunty,.. my second Acapulco Gold started out like that, something I don't really enjoy frankly, but it's mellowing out now,.. makes me wonder what factors are behind this in the bud! -- terp' profile? THCA? both-? :shrug:
:greenthumb: :hump: :woody:Good Stuff 'GS, I'm off to go eye-hump the other SR you did right now! meantime, take that- :slap: !!

:headbang:... must have gotten buried fast 'GS, I missed it too, though I don't patrol the SR's like I used too-- my bad! :doh: I blame too much site work,..:rofl: In fact, I notice that SR aren't hit as much in general as they used to be,.. might have to throw up something on the rolling banner above about it,... SR are an great research resource for strain choosing! :thumbsup:
.... :clapper: Excellent review and template my friend, much more detail and relevancy that the usual SR's! The bud looks great, and surprisingly, built much the same as indoor,.. AU is just prone to making open structured bud, with lots of clumpy fox-tailing! Maxi's bud tops look like Maori war club heads! :dizzy: .. dry bud looks stellar, and it seems they compressed down significantly.. nothing airy about those nugg's! ... I think some curing time might settle down the racy-buzz on stunty,.. my second Acapulco Gold started out like that, something I don't really enjoy frankly, but it's mellowing out now,.. makes me wonder what factors are behind this in the bud! -- terp' profile? THCA? both-? :shrug:
:greenthumb: :hump: :woody:Good Stuff 'GS, I'm off to go eye-hump the other SR you did right now! meantime, take that- :slap: !!

Hey thanks for the comments. I agree not a whole lot of action in the reviews on the strains these days! Hey bud I totally understand you being everywhere else, and its where you are needed bud! I for one would feel far too stressed out passing advice along to folks with hurting plants.

As for the racy effects, like you said it has simmered down quite a bit and she is now a pleasure to smoke. The taste and smell held really well on stunty(better drying temps than with maximus) and her grapefruity taste and smell is really nice.

Yes maximus's side branches rivalled most strains main cola buds. She was really impressive...cant wait to see what powers she holds next season!

.... :biggrin: I want to see that Think Fast! And the Duck,... whenever you can get to it! ... Mmmm, grapefruity :drool: one of my fav's!
...I hear you on the touchy aromatics and temps,... my Mephisto Skywalker x White Widow seemed to gas-off more terp's than I can account for, even with good T and RH during drying :shrug:It's still OK, just not much like it was as a live plant, nor as stinky as it should be, and it's hands down the frost Queen of this grow! Oh, BTW, my grow for this year was a KindSoil gig; it's still in the test thread, but not completed due to the need to start feeding and utter lack of interest! The KS guy dicked out on us as well, a total let down, couldn't be bothered to stick around and pull his weight in the threads,... so there's most of the grow there at least, and I'll be making a finish thread soon, likely at the Mephisto section because I want Mitch to eyeball those F1/S1 I grew out and get comments from him,...(I'll holler when it's done)... The KS soil was not a good run; a late start, plants veg'ed longer than they should have, and got too big for the pots, worse, the P sourcing in KS is weak, and right at the crucial bud set time, it tapped out :cuss: by the time I caught it from defc. symptoms, the bud:leaf ratio's were looking below par... I feed aggressively and basted the soil with Mammoth P too, which helped turn some around, but not all,... not bad results, just not what they should have been!

.... :biggrin: I want to see that Think Fast! And the Duck,... whenever you can get to it! ... Mmmm, grapefruity :drool: one of my fav's!
...I hear you on the touchy aromatics and temps,... my Mephisto Skywalker x White Widow seemed to gas-off more terp's than I can account for, even with good T and RH during drying :shrug:It's still OK, just not much like it was as a live plant, nor as stinky as it should be, and it's hands down the frost Queen of this grow! Oh, BTW, my grow for this year was a KindSoil gig; it's still in the test thread, but not completed due to the need to start feeding and utter lack of interest! The KS guy dicked out on us as well, a total let down, couldn't be bothered to stick around and pull his weight in the threads,... so there's most of the grow there at least, and I'll be making a finish thread soon, likely at the Mephisto section because I want Mitch to eyeball those F1/S1 I grew out and get comments from him,...(I'll holler when it's done)... The KS soil was not a good run; a late start, plants veg'ed longer than they should have, and got too big for the pots, worse, the P sourcing in KS is weak, and right at the crucial bud set time, it tapped out :cuss: by the time I caught it from defc. symptoms, the bud:leaf ratio's were looking below par... I feed aggressively and basted the soil with Mammoth P too, which helped turn some around, but not all,... not bad results, just not what they should have been!

Darn that's really too bad about kind soil not working out great. I have to realize how lucky I am to have awesome local soil and free horse manure!! :D

Back